No announcement yet.

low budget leads to low production value

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low budget leads to low production value

where has all the action gone? the reduced budget has made allt he things i love about this show disappear... you dont see clark running away anymore, its just a sound. chloe always calls him adn tells him to appear, and whoosh (a sound) he is there, thus cutting out all the effort needed to make it look cool, although irrelevant.

a successful show should be given a higher budget to allow for all these cool, superman like, things to be funded and expanded upon. throwing in these ****** filler episodes with soppy drama in order to get another target segment, takes away from the whole show.

am i the only one noticing this?

no, you are not the only one who has noticed. I feel at times I am watching a teen soap opera lately. The 'special effects' are really cheap looking at times. You don't see the town/city much anymore. I rarely see any adults. I guess they (CW) do not like paying for extras.

Comment

If Smallville is the top rated drama show on the channel, then they better demand more money for season 7, since it is very likely the final one. I want a spectacular final season so it goes off with a bang. Better special effects in season 6 would have made any possible JLA spin-off they may be planning look better. The better Smallville does, the more likely are the chances that any spin-off's will be successful. An Aquaman show was a dumb idea, but one with the JLA (featuring the same actors who portray Aquaman, Green Arrow, Cyborg, Flash, Martian Manhunter, and maybe even the Angel of Vengeance in Smallville) would be great. I hope in Justice they give much better lines to AC than they did in Aqua. They better wow us with the effects, since that episode will be the test for any spin-off.

Comment

I agree, I think the special effects are actually getting worse, and the fight scenes, somehow I imagined as the show got older and the bad guys got more intense the fight scenes would shine more, take longer, and be better made, still to this date the best fight scene has been Jonathan and Clark in Exile... And that's pretty old and not very impressive its what... 1:30 seconds long?... In season 6 the most impressive fight has been Lex repeatedly punching Clark and pushing him into a boulder, Clark doesn't even fight back... Where does their money go? The fight in subterranean was non-existant... No wonder season 6 is so shippy, its the only thing they can afford.

Comment

The thing about the Clark/Zod fight was that Clark already came up with a way to beat him, so there was no real need to fight back.

The fight in Subterranean didn't need to be longer. Clark was ridiculously more powerful than the pseudo-Mole Man.

Now, onto the CW. I think the CW is just way too chincy with the budget. It could be just to protect their own ass, but come on. Smallville is the second highest rated show on CW, give it more money!

Comment

I agree with all of you. What has happened to his super powers.

It's like he's a regular human. And has any noticed that sometimes it feels like Clark isn't the main character of his show.

Comment

I'd bet if you measured the amount of time Clark is on Screen VS Lana is on Screen time for the episode static, it would be somewhere in the range of 5 minutes to 30.

Lanaville, learn to hate it.

Comment

where has all the action gone?
                Please name any extended fight scenes in seasons prior to season 6. The Jonathon vs. Clark fight? Short. Clark vs. Braniac? Short, every time. Clark vs. just about everyone throughout every season has been a quick scene near the middle or end of the episode. This show is not an action show. It's a superhero drama, always has been, always will be.

Comment

Hopefully as the episodes get more interesting in this season, the action scenes will as well. Don't forget though, there is plenty of entertaining stuff that comes without extended fight scenes, so as long as episodes stay Clark-centric I'm happy.

Comment

i think the shows doing great

Comment

Yes there are only smidgens of fighting, and the fighting was never the focus, however, well done, short fight scenes can add GREATLY to the entertainment value of the show, had Clark simply punched Batista in the head once or twice (and how expensive is that really?) even if it didn't do anything, IMO it would have been a lot more fun. nobody expects fighting to take over 1-2 minutes an episode, but it really adds something, even a little.

Comment

The CW should get a partner to help finance the show.The networks rubbish apart from V mars, Geek and Smallville so they're broke.
                        Even Justice the biggest ep of the season so far SSDKnight admitted they could'nt afford to have any meteor freaks.No freaks in 3.1 it's SHAMEFUL!

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                          Please name any extended fight scenes in seasons prior to season 6. The Jonathon vs. Clark fight? Short. Clark vs. Braniac? Short, every time. Clark vs. just about everyone throughout every season has been a quick scene near the middle or end of the episode. This show is not an action show. It's a superhero drama, always has been, always will be.

Comment

With an episode like Justice coming I hope they saved up the $$$ for the effects on that episode otherwise...............

Comment

I'm hoping they've been saving up for justice, I wiuld've loved to see a huge meteor freak vs JLA fight but you know.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎