No announcement yet.

Now There Were Two In The Bed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now There Were Two In The Bed

Author's Note: Heya everyone! My crazy life has finally slowed down a bit and so, due to some much appreciated encouragement... I've decided to write another part to my little series which I like to call the 'Bed Buddies' Series. It started with 'Roll Over...' and continued with '...So They All Rolled Over And Lana Fell Off' and so now it's time to see just what happens next. I'd recommend you read the first two just so that you're up to speed. It's set in an alternative Season 5 that isn't really about big storylines but pretty much just plays with the Clois.
    Spoilers: none
    Summary: Chloe decides to do some meddling and play matchmaker during a somewhat awkward sleepover.

Roll Over...: http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...threadid=61334
    ...So They All Rolled Over And Lana Fell Off: http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...threadid=61335

Now There Were Two In The Bed

Lois finished tucking in the freshly spread sheets of her double bed when her cousin Chloe entered carrying an assortment of pillows and cushions that she had managed to gather around the rooms of Lois’ apartment above the Talon.

“You know Cuz,” Chloe began as she dumped her colourful bounty on the bed. “I’m starting to think you have a serious pillow fetish. No normal person has this many pillows just lying around.”

“Aw come on Chlo, as if this is really that many…” Lois said doubtfully as she started to arrange the various pillows that Chloe had collected so that the bed would look all the more inviting.

Lo, that’s only the first load!” And to prove her point Chloe exited the room only to return a few seconds later with another- even larger- armful of pillows. She dumped them on the bed also and then waited with an eyebrow raised for an explanation from her cousin.

Lois grinned as she took in the sight of the heaped pillows covering every inch her bed. There was definitely a lot.

“Wow… that is kinda weird.” She admitted sheepishly. “Did you seriously find all these here?”

Chloe nodded sombrely, “Never once left your apartment. You haven’t even been living here that long too. I just don’t know how you could have got so many in such a short amount of time… probably the same way you got this one I think…” She held up a small cylindrical cushion.

Lois shrugged, “ Looks like a stool cushion to me.”

“Exactly- and quite similar to those found on stools downstairs…you know, in the Talon.” Chloe cracked an amused smile at her cousin.

Lois started to snicker but then quickly masked her amusement before stating a very serious, “I have absolutely no idea how that got here…”

“Riiiiight,” Chloe drawled suspiciously. “And what about this one? I think we both know exactly where this one came from.” She held up a regular pillow covered in a distinct blue plaid pillowslip.

Lois swallowed knowing that this particular pillow made her look like some kind of obsessed stalker. She quickly snatched the prized possession and hugged it protectively away from Chloe’s teasing smile.

“It’s just a really comfortable pillow alright! I just haven’t had a chance to get a new pillowslip is all…” She explained rather defensively. “Besides it’s not like he’ll even notice it’s gone.”

“Yeah, I’m sure Clark hasn’t even noticed that the main pillow to his matching bedspread is missing…” Chloe stated sarcastically.

Lois gave Chloe a warning glance but it did nothing to lessen the smirk on Chloe’s face.

“Look Chloe, there comes a time in everybody’s life when you find a certain pillow that is unlike any other you’ve ever had before… and when you find it you have to do everything in your power to keep it!” Lois explained passionately.

“Alright, alright… you can have your “pillow” Lois,” Chloe stated ambiguously before mumbling her conclusion, “Yep, definitely a pillow fetish.”

“What do you have against pillows anyway? They make life more comfortable Chloe,” Lois challenged as she placed Clark’s pillow in pride of place on top of the mound of pillows littering the bed.

Chloe shook her head slightly as she watched her cousin treat the pillow like it were a prestigious trophy. The levels that Lois and Clark’s games went to were a mystery to her at times.

“I have nothing against pillows Lois… I just don’t understand why we need so many when one has always worked just fine for me…”

“Don’t be such a party pooper Chlo, especially at our first sleepover in my new apartment… at our first sleepover in a very - long - time.” Lois emphasised the seriousness of the matter and offered her best pleading look.

“Alright, alright I’m open to new things… but only for you.” Chloe caved resigning to the fact that she’d be sleeping on a mound of pillows tonight, if Lois let her get any sleep that is.

“Cool,” Lois squealed grinning excitedly as she launched at Chloe for a well-deserved hug. “Love ya Chlo! Now do you need a boost or are you going to opt for the running dive approach like me?”

“Wait,” Chloe said as she held up her hands to halt Lois before her cousin got the idea in her head to physically throw her on top of the pillow mound. “Before we get this all started, I just wanted to check that you are definitely sure that you don’t want Clark to be a part of this sleepover?”

Lois rolled her eyes letting out a deep sigh. “For the last time Chlo… I just got away from the Farmboy, what makes you think that I would be so desperate to have him around again that I’d invite him to our sleepover?”

“Oh I don’t know…” Chloe shrugged mysteriously. “Maybe because you’re wearing his boxer shorts as pyjamas…”

Lois automatically looked down even though she already knew what she would see. Chloe was right, she was wearing a pair of Clark’s boxer shorts. The same pair in fact that she had stolen from him on the night that Clark had filled in for Chloe at a sleepover back when she was living at the Kent’s.

“S-so what?” Lois stumbled over her response. What did it matter if she was wearing his shorts? Sure she had to roll the waistband a few times to make them fit but they were comfortable on her. Why shouldn’t she wear them? It didn’t mean anything.

“Maybe your subconscious is trying to tell you something… something to do with ‘Clark’ and ‘sleeping’?” Chloe poked dangerously, already fully aware of the response such a suggestion would bring about.

“CHLOE!” Lois exclaimed in surprise and threw the first pillow she could grab straight at Chloe’s head. It was Clark’s pillow.

Despite being hit square in the face, Chloe started laughing as she caught the pillow and held it up as more evidence. “And you sleep with his pillow!”

“I never said that I slept with it!” Lois contested.

“Oh so this “really comfortable” pillow that you say, and I quote: “that is unlike any other you’ve ever had before”, happens to be in your possession and you say that you never ever sleep with it?” Chloe laid all the facts out for her.

“Alright so I sleep with it sometimes, “ Lois mumbled conceding to the facts. “It still doesn’t mean anything.”

Chloe simply looked at her with disbelief and amusement.

“It doesn’t Chloe.” Lois reiterated strongly.

Chloe let the matter slide… for about a second.

“But you admit that you had a good time with him at your last sleepover… many parts of which remain foggy to me because you refuse to divulge information,” Chloe stated.

“There’s nothing to tell,” Lois returned.

“But you admit that you had a good time?” Chloe prodded.

“Alright, yes… I had a good time.” Lois admitted just hoping to get Chloe to drop it.

“So hypothetically… if Clark were present at this sleepover it wouldn’t really be such a bad thing… right?” Chloe continued.

“No, I guess it wouldn’t be that terrible…” Lois gave Chloe a ‘where are you going with this?’ look.

She was answered by a loud knock at the front door.

Lois focused on Chloe with accusation burning fiercely in her eyes. You didn’t!

She did.

Chloe shrugged meekly, “I guess you won’t mind that I already invited him then…”

TBC... this is gonna be fun!

~Lara
    Last edited by ewokazon; 01-14-2007, 02:08 PM.

hahahaha way to go chlo update soon like right now maybe

Comment

oo! this does look like it's gonna be lotsa fun!

just a note though, Lara, i tried to follow your links to your earlier stories but i couldn't get it. so now i'm irrevocably spoiled. am i the only one experiencing this problem?

anyway, please continue to update. nothing so nice and comfy and open to long heartful discourse on the meaning of one's life as a good sleepover.

Comment

sorry guys, not an update just yet...

just wanted to fix the little linking issue to my previous stories (thanks for the heads up LoisL) . I think it's working now so sorry for any inconvenience to anyone... they're also listed on the 2nd page of the completed fics thread.

So yeah... back to writing then... will have the next bit up asap

~Lara

Comment

I really do love this series - they're NICE to read -

Thax - even if I haven't said it before.

Cage

Comment

so aweome Lara!!!
            thanks

Comment

Oooh another part!! PPMS!

Comment

What a great start! I can't wait to see what happens now that Clark is there...

Comment

PPMS I'm hooked!

Comment

Another great story from you. Please update soon!

Comment

update again soon

Comment

~~~~

Clark couldn’t help shuffling on the spot while he waited for someone to answer the door. He knew he could just as easily let himself in since Lois never seemed to ever lock the front door, but he didn’t want to overstep the line of ‘welcomed guest’ and ruin his chance of spending even the slightest amount of quality time in her presence. He knew that being invited to these things was a huge honour in the girls’ books and although he wasn’t entirely sure of what he’d done to earn the privilege, he wasn’t about to pass up this opportunity. For you see it had been for some time that Clark had realised that he held feelings for none other than Lois Lane and although she remained the most annoying person in his life he had discovered that she drove him crazy in the most excruciatingly thrilling way possible. Now that he had accepted his urges towards her he had found out that the need to be around her was as addictive to him as Kryptonite was deadly.

And it had been at least five days since he’d last seen her… entirely unacceptable in his opinion. Not to mention painful…

Not that being around her wasn’t painful as well; the problem with the situation was that Lois wasn’t aware of Clark’s newly awakened feelings for her. Sure she knew he dreamt about her intimately and although she enjoyed using that little bit of knowledge to bust his chops every now and again, her sheer casual attitude towards the fact showed that she didn’t even consider Clark ever really liking her to be a threat. Clark knew that if she ever found out she’d cut him off from the supply of her he so desperately craved these days. And so he continued to play along pretending that he couldn’t stand her at the best of times. It wasn’t entirely that hard since he still found her to be completely irritating, he just didn’t let her know that he liked that about her.

He shuffled again and spared another thought for why he had even bothered to get bouquets of flowers for the two of them. It made him feel even more nervous like he was preparing to go on a date or something. He considered dumping them then and there but then when heard the door handle turning he instinctively held the flowers out in front of him.

“Hey Clark, glad you could make it,” said a friendly Chloe opening the door and motioning him inside. “What’s with the flowers?”

Clark walked inside casting a subtle glance around the room. Lois was nowhere to be seen. He turned his attention back to Chloe and offered the first bouquet along with a dashing smile.

“Well you know what they say, flowers for a flower,” He presented charmingly. “And well these others are just for Lois, had to say thankyou somehow for inviting me tonight. Where is she anyways?”

“Yeah Clark, about that…” Chloe seemed to hesitate when a noise coming from the kitchen area around the corner caught her attention. “Uh can you give me a sec?” She accepted the flowers with a smile and then headed around the corner in search of Lois.

Clark took the hint and headed in the opposite direction stopping when he caught sight of Lois’ bed covered in pillows. Lots of pillows. “Weird,” he muttered to himself absently.

Meanwhile back in the kitchen Chloe cautiously approached her cousin who currently had her head deep inside the refrigerator rummaging for something.

“Lois? You’re not mad are you?” Chloe asked hesitantly.

“Why would I be mad?” Lois queried as she straightened and closed the fridge door before continuing on her search around the kitchen.

“Because I invited Clark to our sleepover… because I didn’t ask you first? I’m sorry if you’re angry, I just thought it’d make the night a little more fun…” She desperately tried to explain. The night would not bode well for anyone if it started with her cousin upset with her.

“Ah ha!” Lois exclaimed as she obviously found what she was looking for and snatched a banana from the fruit bowl. “Of course it’ll be fun. Don’t fret Cuz, just means now you get to see first hand what I can do to Clark these days…”

Like a woman on a mission Lois led the way back out to find Clark. Breathing out a sigh of relief Chloe began to follow her curiosity peaked wondering why it was Lois so desperately needed a banana before she could greet their friend. It didn’t take them long to find him standing awestruck before the mountain of pillows on the bed.

“Hey Smallville,” Lois began almost affectionately. “Had any good dreams lately?”

Clark turned to take in the sight of her choosing to ignore her taunt but found it difficult when he realised what she was doing. Ever so slowly she peeled the banana in her hands and then reached out with her tongue to lick the tip before gently taking it into her mouth for a big, deep bite.

Clark whined at the sight and Chloe had a bit of a coughing fit. Lois on the other hand went on enjoying her banana until it was completely consumed.

“Well?” She prodded impatiently when it became obvious he wasn’t going to answer.

Clark cleared his throat so that his answer wouldn’t come out as a squeak. “Can’t say that I have…”

“That’s unfortunate,” Lois said with mock sympathy. “But hey at least your knack of crashing sleepovers hasn’t failed you!”

Clark turned on Chloe exclaiming, “You said it was her idea!”

Lois chuckled and jumped back in before Chloe even had a chance to apologise. “Sorry to disappoint Smallville, but this was all Chloe’s idea.” She moved across the bedroom and carefully climbed atop the pillowy bed making a comfortable spot for herself. “Probably just upset she missed the steamy strip tease you did for me last time… maybe she’s hoping for a repeat performance.”

“I’m hardly the one dressed for the occasion.” Clark remarked slyly having not been able to miss the fact that Lois was wearing his plaid boxer shorts… or the fact that they looked incredible on her. He on the other hand was dressed simply in jeans and his favourite red t-shirt, strictly avoiding all flannel for once in fear of being referred to as ‘Mr. Plaid’ again. He also made sure he sent Chloe a definitive ‘there was no strip tease’ look before she got the wrong idea about that night.

“Are they for me?” Lois asked abruptly questioning the bouquet of flowers still in his hand and effectively avoiding the reference to his shorts on her.

“Actually… no,” he responded surprising even himself and he turned to also present the second bouquet to Chloe. “They’re both for Chloe.”

Chloe could only grin nervously as she realised she was caught smack bang in the middle of Lois and Clark’s war on each other. She suddenly had to question whether it was entirely safe to be a third party around these two anymore. As it was she was certain there was definitely more going on beneath the smouldering looks being thrown back and forth between the two and she was determined to uncover the truth even if it meant becoming a casualty of this war…

TBC

~Lara

Comment

cool update...love the banter and Lois' teasing

Comment

This story is like all your other stories, great! I love it and please I need more updates...

Comment

Wonderful update! Whew, I could feel the tension coming off the page in waves! Wonderful writing. Can't wait for the next update!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎