Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? hate it? what did you think of Subterranean?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a year-and-a-half of owning Season 6, I finally got around to watch the episode. I went into it thinking of how bad it was going to be (after reading reviews here, Twitter, etc.), and I absolutely loved it.

It was a feel-good episode, while adding in that extra flavor of sci-fi. But, more than anything, it made me miss Jimmy. His awkward scenes with Clark made me laugh out loud.

9/10

Comment

• The only part i like was the last scene were they show 33.1

Comment

• Terrible.

Comment

• The Ending is sp EPIC!!! But the rest of the episode is a flop lol.

Comment

• I didn't really care for this episode. I didn't hate it, it just doesn't do anything for me. I wish they didn't get political on this show....even though Clark was showing compassion for Javier, I wish he didn't have to break the law to do it.

Points I did like:
            -I liked Lana being seduced by power. It was very interesting twist on the Lexana story.
            -Jimmy's conversation with Clark at the Daily Planet "ring my bell" This why I don't totally hate Jimmy.
            -And even though I don't necessarily like the circumstances, it is nice to see Clark take a stand against something.....again I just wish he didn't have to break the law to do it.

The scene at the end was just kinda neat but didn't do much for me really..

6 out of 10

Comment

• Contrary to popular belief, this episode isn't about illegal immigration. Sure, it has illegal immigrants in it, but that's not the point of the episode. Javier and the others are victims of modern day slavery. They've been taken to another country, under the promise of a better life, only to become slaves. And when they try to leave, they're killed. Their illegal status ensures that they won't report their employers mistreatment, as then they're sent back home.

The point of the episode is to present Clark with a problem, that can't be fixed by his powers. That Clark sees that he can't solve all of the world's problem. Which is often something people overestimate with Superman. People say that he could fix everything with his powers and the truth is, he can't. He can't fix world hunger, because he can't magically create more food. He can't get rid of the world's dictators, as someone else would just take their place. He can't make companies pay employees equal. He can't magically put an end to racism, sexism and homophobia. And so on. His powers can be useful to prevent a plane crash or the sinking of a ship. Not so much to end world problems.

Not that this magically make this episode great. It's not very-well written. Not to mention, that the villain of the episode is a meteor freak and his actions get blamed on being infected by Kryptonite. It's not simply modern-day slavery, it's something brought about by meteor infection (meaning that only someone infected by Kryptonite would do something like this).
              Last edited by jon-el87; 07-18-2019, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎