Vote: Is Static the final straw?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could be worse you could be a clalica fan like me

Comment

True! RIP Alicia, I liked her too for whatever its worth...
      Last edited by JorEl23; 11-21-2006, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JorEl23
        1) Lexana is HORRENDOUS and always was from day one. It made ABSOLUTELY no sense to begin with. It never actually evolved from anything. It was such a contrived, ridiculous effort by TPTB to appease Lex fans/KK haters that it ALMOST singlehandedly destroyed the show!!! In their defense, TPTB have recovered this year better than ANYONE could have hoped or predicted but if they follow this arc very much longer, the show may be back in jeopary again and realistically, its only got a season or two left. The series could REALLY close out strong, lets HOPE they see this and do away with this Lexana garbage!

2) Lex is sooo out of character right now!! He has become a coddling, wimpy Lana-bot. MR used to NAIL Luthor esp in his devious battles with Lionel. I looked soo forward to that and now all I get is his grovelling to her and Lionel matching wits with Lana!?! Comeon!!

3) Lana makes me sick right now. She was the perfect "girl next door" who charmed me as easily as every guy at Smallville high at one time. Also, I was a HUGE Clana fan and was soo into the doomed but pure dynamic of their relationship. Now, I can barely look when I see her on screen. It wouldn't be so bad if she didn't completely turn into the 180 degree opposite of who she ALWAYS was but the writers really wrecked this one!!! I always kid that Lana was somehow kidnapped and replaced by KK's character in Eurotrip, Fiona. Every week I wonder more and more if it's more than just a joke...

As for Static, the more I think about it, the more I'd rather watch ACTUAL TV Static ( ie Poltergiest ) than this disaster...
        Bravo! I think this post was worth quoting again. I will not lie. I am still a clana fan. However, I think it is not because of SV...but more the potential I saw that was squandered away. I just don't know why this mess happened. Sure....I can see Clark and Lana not being romantic..I can see they wanted that ship to sail. For the life of me though...I don't know why they would want to do this particular story line when it is hated by the majority of this fandom and not just clana but fans that are dedicated to Lex and his charm as the ruthless villian.

I want the intelligent Lex Luthor back..the Lana that learned her lesson in Extinction not to judge all meteor infected the same (that line that was used was shotty writing. Lana wouldn't say that because she told Clark if he was infected ..it was okay..and there was Byron, her poet friend..and Ethan, she loved him and didn't want Lex testing him..so what is the deal? Where is all this crap coming from.) This episode opened up a festering pit of rot that stinks throughout the fandom with only a few here and there, who choose to hold their nose.

Comment

Originally posted by newfamfan
          This episode opened up a festering pit of rot that stinks throughout the fandom with only a few here and there, who choose to hold their nose.

AWESOME post!!

Now THIS is a much more eloquent way to express my EXACT feelings. Truth is, I still miss Clana deep in my heart somewhere but Lana has crossed a line that really can't be forgiven. And in order to make her regain our respect as a character and sympathize with her mistakes which we all make (not to mention possibly save a series that when innundated with alot of Static type episodes will surely die :{ ), Lexana needs to die a quick painful death VERY soon!!

When they first entered this bizarre territory for her I used to go back and watch my favorite "soapy" Clana scenes like the prom dance from Spirit, the reuniting in Hidden, and the loft birthday scene from Calling. Now, even that does nothing but fuel my disdain for the girl formerly known as Lana...

Comment

it IS the final straw. strange that it took us season 5 and 8 episodes into season 6, not to mention we know that there will be a too-late-to-matter season 7, that we can only say now, that this episode is the last straw. this show F'N BLOWS so hard that if you DON'T say it sucks, there is no hope for you. I watch this show religiously and can say it sucks as bad any bad television I've ever seen. this is the first show I've ever tuned into week after week, seen every episode, own all the seasons and thought added some quality wholesomeness with action that doesn't show up anymore in the entertainment landscape. The pretty faces, once so fresh and now just not worth it, were breathtaking to behold for about 4 seasons. now, they don't really look good anymore (lois doesn't count cuz she never looked good in the first place). it's over. not ONE single episode from here on out will be good enough to help turn the ship around. the momentum that has built up to what we call (say it all together now) "embarrassing television," will inevitably lead to the cw network getting cancelled in less than 5 years. this was the #1 launch show for the network. smallville is over, the cw is over and we're all done with this trash, wherever it comes from next.

Comment

Mod Note: Discussion on this forum must be at all times about the show, and not the members!
              Last edited by Mysticlies; 11-29-2006, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Mod Note: Discussion on this forum must be at all times about the show, and not the members!
                Last edited by Mysticlies; 11-29-2006, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I don't see what was wrong with this episode. Personally, I love this show, I enjoy every episode

No need to get all worked up!

Comment

If you don't like it leave for once instead of just complaining all the time it is tiresome as are this polls..
                    Personally I like Smallville and this season has not been bad at all!

Comment

Someone must have voted on the poll and raised the thread from the dead and I have to say that this a hilarious idea for a poll. I had no idea this thread existed.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎