No announcement yet.

Foreshadowing The Return of Clana?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreshadowing The Return of Clana?

Before I continue, yes I'm a Clana shipper or at least was a Clana shipper. I think I'm confused how I feel about them at this point in the series, but I still enjoy their scenes very much!

Anyway I had this feeling while watching tonight's episode that there was a lot foreshadowing of the return of Clana.

First scene was the one at the Daily Planet, when Clark sees Lana.

The way they both looked at each other.

They both exchanged that awe stare with each other like they haven't seen each other in years, when just last week they saw each other and had a decent exchange of words.

Why did TPTB add that exchange?

Kind of reminded me of the old Clana whenever they would be on the outs, but yet still have those soulful exchanges with each other whenever they would see each other.

Kind of saying what they feel but without saying anything…

Then we have the scene in Lex's office, we have Lana asking Clark if he wishes he could go back in time.

Both seem like they both regert things they've done in the past, seems like mostly with their relationships.

Clark: Breaking up with Lana the way he did, causing her to distance herself from him.

Lana: Letting herself rebound into Lex's arms after her break-up with Clark putting herself in the place she is in now.

Then there's that last scene, everyone seems happy at the Kent dinner table, everyone in some type of relationship... but then we have Clark sitting alone, sad, almost thinking about where he is in life in the relationship department...which is alone.

If you listen to the lyrics of the music playing during that scene you'll hear the following words being sang:

She said no one would love you more than me.

I looked at her she looked at me I think she's waiting for me to believe.

I wish love was all that took I'll fall into if I could.

Then it fades to an also unhappy Lana at the dinner table.

It's an interesting thought, but as much as I'd love to see Clana again, I don't think it will happen (it's not in the cards---or specifically, the comics/movies). I'm hoping that they can at least be friends again.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillerocks45
      It's an interesting thought, but as much as I'd love to see Clana again, I don't think it will happen (it's not in the cards---or specifically, the comics/movies). I'm hoping that they can at least be friends again.
      Who said anything about them ending up together?

Just one last BANG before the series ends!

Comment

Dont play with me like this......Please, i'm begging you. Don't do this to me. *Runs away crying*

Comment

Well, I know they won't end up together...and like I said I like the idea; I think it would be great if they dated one last time (I know a lot of people won't like that, but I'm a sucker for the Clana)...but besides the fact that they don't end up together, I just can't see Clark being with her after she was impregnated by his former best friend.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallvilleMan
            Dont play with me like this......Please, i'm begging you. Don't do this to me. *Runs away crying*
            Hey, I'm as shocked as you are that these things were in this episode!

I usually don't take these things too seriously, but three different scenes foreshadowing it!

Comment

But you have to remember one thing. Al/Miles hate Clana, they want to cut it up into a million pieces. I don't believe it's coming back and i refuse to believe it!(And that's for my own emotionally stability)

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillerocks45
                Well, I know they won't end up together...and like I said I like the idea; I think it would be great if they dated one last time (I know a lot of people won't like that, but I'm a sucker for the Clana)...but besides the fact that they don't end up together, I just can't see Clark being with her after she was impregnated by his former best friend.
                Clark doesn't seem like the type who would drop a girl just because of that...

I mean if he was willing to take back Alicia after all the stuff she did to him and Lana, I don't see why he would have an issue with Lana getting impregnated with someone else's child.

Comment

that scene pretty much sealed that we wont see another clana relationship again. Every time we see both of them on screen they always like to remind us that they'll never be back together.

Comment

With a Lana pregnancy, I think it's way too late for Clana to make a believable comeback. Sure TPTB can do it but I think it would take a huge amount of maneuvering that it will crowd-out other plot arcs altogether. Unless they go for another mindwipe *Almiles paranoia sets-in once more*

Comment

Originally posted by Ares
                      that scene pretty much sealed that we wont see another clana relationship again. Every time we see both of them on screen they always like to remind us that they'll never be back together.
                      If that's the case, why not make them just be indifferent towards each other.

Rather show them giving each other longing looks at each other whenever they see each other.

And not show them both sad and alone within the same two seconds.

Comment

I am not a fan of Clana, but I really liked their scene at the fireside. Lana definitely looked regretful, but the way she jerked away from him when he touched her was weird. At dinner, Clark didn't look sad to me at all though. He was smiling and looking around at everyone, and seemed at peace. I think this might actually be a turning point for him- to stop being mopey and move on.

ETA: I re-watched the scene just now (DVR rocks), and there actually is a moment right before it cuts to Lana where he has a brief look of sadness. Huh.
                        Last edited by firefly01; 11-10-2006, 04:59 AM.

Comment

I'm not a fan of SV Clana the comic Clana was better

Anyway I enjoyed the Clana scenes last night. Lana finally knows she's gotten in too deep.

Comment

The Clana scene was excellent, IMO. Great acting, I loved it.
                            However, no comeback of romantic Clana. But one day she will trust him again, and not send him away...

Comment

I think its like everyone says Lana knows shes probably just made the biggest mistake of her life with this kid.. But as far as Clana getting back together whats the point? I mean your suppose the major kiss that totally changes this for Clark. Heck Clark is suppose to end up with Lois. And honestly its not just becasue Im a Clois shpper, its becasue honestly the legalities involved in this make it to where they no other choice. So I ask whats the point in more Clana when it cant last, its just a waste of SL if you ask me?

Are you guys really ready to go through another Clana break up?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎