No announcement yet.

Question: is Lex immortal?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brother_of_krypton
    InLove_with_Chloe, when you see Lex, shoot him and see if he dies. Then you'll have your answer
    No.
    I would never do that.

Comment

That's a really good question. I don't think he is immortal but he has an abnormally high white blood cell count. He has remarkable healing abilities and resilliance. Since the meteor shower he never gets sick and I think his "power" helped him come through the electroshock therepy and Zod's possession as well as he did... There are probalby other things that should have killed or severely injured him... but for his "power."

Comment

I think being posessed by Zod kinda hightened his senses. I mean, you can only have Kryptonian powers for so long until some of them leak in. SO I guess his healing is a bit quicker, he's a BIT stronger, and hear better, and may have better eyesight...

Comment

no, lex can only die of old age he cannot be killed by a gunshot or anything except old age.

Comment

Originally posted by *#~ ClAnAfAn99210~#*
            no, lex can only die of old age he cannot be killed by a gunshot or anything except old age.
            interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by *#~ ClAnAfAn99210~#*
              I don't know about all that. I know he doesn't get sick, but never been told this. But, I don't know everything.

Comment

Y'know, I don't think Lex is immortal. He may have a strong immunity against certain diseases, but I don't THINK so. But hey, if the angered. Hell, I'd probably praise the idea. It just makes the Lex/Superman dynamic so interesting, knowing Superman is presumed to live forever.

Comment

I think Rage proved that even in SV universe Lex is not immortal, considering he was "dead" or nearly so after being shot with an arrow until Clark gives him the magic serum.

Just in terms of Superman lore as a whole, the cool thing about Lex Luthor has always been that he is a normal human being who is a threat to Superman not because of any powers, but because of his mind and resources.

Comment

As long as Clark is around to keep saving his bacon, it would seem that Lex will be around for a long time.

Comment

^ True. He certainly has more lives than a cat.

Comment

i think that the meteaor shower gave him the ability to withstand sickness more than a normal person

Comment

I think Lex was affected by the meteor storm. Meteor freaks always mutate into what thier situation demands of them, and for Lex that would mean becoming smarter, stronger and more powerful, in order to deal with how hard his life was being made by his father.

Comment

Originally posted by dave73085
                            I think Rage proved that even in SV universe Lex is not immortal, considering he was "dead" or nearly so after being shot with an arrow until Clark gives him the magic serum.
                            Not quite, the "magic serum" didn't have the ability to raise the dead, only to heal fatal injuries. When Clark gave him the serum, Lex was actually dead, so I think his own healing ability played a part in his revival.

Also, I believe Lex was given passive powers by the meteor shower. He is not immortal/invulneralbe, instead his is very resiliant/difficult to kill (both physically and biologically).

Comment

In one of the eps, when Fine was readying Lex for Zod, he injected him with that thing that made him uber as well. Thats why he regenerated fast for those few episodes as well, and yeah, he has a high white blood cell count.

Comment

Not immortal, just damn lucky!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎