Ep. 2.03 - Bloodlust

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ep. 2.03 - Bloodlust

Talk about tonights episode here.

i think this episode was better then last weeks. lot more blood and action and stuff. and the intro of the return of the car was cool. the car looked too clean tho. i thought it was funny when dean stuck gordon in a headlock and was walking around and hit his head in the wall and was like oops.

Comment

Yeah, I enjoyed the ep. The first shot of the car and Dean's giddiness over having it back were perfect! That was probably my favorite part, but the scenes at the end between Gordan and Dean were good too. I wasn't too fond of Gordan. I hope we won't be seeing too much of him in the future. This ep., along with the last, seemed to be much more about the boys and how they are (or are not) dealing with their dad's death while the hunts are taking a back seat. While I like the fact that they haven't glossed over JW's death and are dealing with it, I hope the hunts get a little more exciting as the season progresses. But that is just a picky thing, overall it was a great ep.!

A little off topic, but is anyone else enjoying SN more than SV right now or is it just me?

Comment

I guess its expected considering John died and the boys have to learn to deal with it, but I agree with chole_fan. The last 4 episodes [S1 finale + first 3 S2 eps] have been VERY character-driven.

The hunts and scary supernatural stuff have taken a clear backseat. And to be honest, last week and this week's "hunt" were not even remotely scary. And first time I've really felt this way, but the writing was a bit shoddy in parts. It felt like an hour-long horror movie in that it had the classic "Think that something's there or behind me, but when go to confront it, nothing there. So I relax cause I think I'm safe/alright, then 'BOOM!!!', I get it".

Happened to the female vamp in the opening, Gordon caught by Sam & Dean, Gordon going after the male vamp that Dean kills, Sam in the motel room, and finally Lenore caught by Gordon. Its bad enough when it happens twice, but at least 5 times!? Gah. Old and terribly cliche.

Comment

Amber Benson, Johnny Quest references, and Journey, oh my!

Wheel in the Sky was a terrific choice for the opening montage. Supernatural really shines with their music selections. Their openings are great, possibly even better than Buffy; and this is coming from someone who praises Joss as a version of Jesus.

Dean's jacket was great. I have been looking for a similar jacket for the past few weeks. I'm in a jacket-crazed mindset right now. Expensive hobby.

Ah, Ms. Amber Benson. It has been too long since you've graced my television. It's like she has come to Supernatural as Doppelganger Tara, but without the S&M leather garb. But yeah, that bastard Gordon.

Gordon sucks.

What a jackass.

The ass of jacks.

And Dean's final punch to Gordon, and the human battering ram into the wall had me laughing out loud.

I am glad that they didn't decide to kill off Gordon or their new colleagues at the bar, as it adds more established characters that the show really needs for its growth.

Supernatural is definitely improving with each episode, especially the acting by Ackles and Padalecki, and Season 2 has the potential to be great. Hopefully, they'll integrate more complex, layered storylines and continue the amusing dialogue.

Comment

Most of the time I do enjoy both programs equally, but I definitely liked Supernatural better tonight.

Ah, what am I saying? Ever since I started watching, Smallville has taken a SLIGHT backseat to Supernatural..

Comment

I love love love the way Supernatural has started this season! I think every episode so far has been great... and they play awesome music

I am really growing to like Sam... I used to be so Dean crazed that I never much noticed him... and agreed with all Dean said and thought... but this episode actually had me wanting Sam to punch Dean

They have such great chemistry together... it's so believable to me that they could be brothers... maybe it's just me... *shrugs*

I actually felt bad for the vampires too I'm glad that Sam got through to Dean... I didn't want Dean to end up like that other hunter...

Comment

Originally posted by chole_fan
                Yeah, I enjoyed the ep. The first shot of the car and Dean's giddiness over having it back were perfect! That was probably my favorite part, but the scenes at the end between Gordan and Dean were good too. I wasn't too fond of Gordan. I hope we won't be seeing too much of him in the future. This ep., along with the last, seemed to be much more about the boys and how they are (or are not) dealing with their dad's death while the hunts are taking a back seat. While I like the fact that they haven't glossed over JW's death and are dealing with it, I hope the hunts get a little more exciting as the season progresses. But that is just a picky thing, overall it was a great ep.!

A little off topic, but is anyone else enjoying SN more than SV right now or is it just me?

i think this season is going to be more focused on sam and dean and there backstory and johns death then actual huntings. i think thats the main focus of this season. last season was all hunts cause they were looking for their dad. since they found him the real story of the demon begins and the background of the killings and stuff. the season should pick up more getting much more darker and mysterious.

ya SN seems to have a better flow then SV. SN seems to be connected better. I still like SV but i think having that it has like 10 main characters and SN has only 2 then SN is more likely to have more stuff directly on the main characters where SV has to keep jumping back and forth between everyone which cuts down on the fight scenes and length of the special effects.

Comment

This season has started out pretty great. I think the show is going to be taking it a bit slow for awhile because of the boys dealing with their loss, but it will probably pick up by december.

I'm glad that Sam talked Dean into letting up on those vamps, I think that it made Dean think in 'shades of gray'. ''is this right or wrong''. Even when most of your life is in black and white there will always be a time when you have to be in the shades of gray.

And I LOVED the shot of the car. It's a pretty sweet car and I'm glad that they have it working again.

Overall the series is still doing pretty darn good and it will probably stay that way based on how this season has started out.

*and I'm also enjoying SN better then SV. The story lines aren't so friggin' retarded and I still like both the boys.
                  Last edited by smallvilleaddict15; 10-13-2006, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I liked that the vampires were so pragmatic. They stopped killing humans because they realized that, when you kill humans, hunters will track down and kill you. So, if you want to not get killed by hunters, it makes all kinds of sense to, ya know, not kill humans. That doesn't mean they still don't feel bloodlust, and they obviously find feeding on animals pretty disgusting. But a vamps gotta do what a vamps gotta do to survive.

And I hate seeing Dean in such a mess. It's great drama, but I just want him to be all better and happy again. But, I gotta say, when Dean gets all intense and scary, it's kinda awesome.

Comment

About Bloodlust:

The good--
                      The Impala is back! Anyone else cheer and get a little teary or was it just me? And Dean's joy at having his baby back was perfect. Loved Sam's line too about Dean and the car should get a room. Cute!

Amber Benson. The woman rocks. That is all.

Dean saying all that stuff about how he isn't dealing as well as he thought but he has to keep his game face on and hide the hole in his heart and then Sam basically freakin' quoting him when he confronts him! Either Dean sucks at poker face or Sam knows Dean much better than Dean thinks (I vote the latter. After all they're brothers. Sam would know.)

Dean punching Sam. Yes, it was painful to watch but it showed just how far Dean has slipped. And Sam's reaction was priceless.

"Only he gets to call me that." Sam's reaction being called Sammy by someone else than Dean or Papa Winchester was beautiful. Also, it implied that he's not nearly as upset about being called Sammy as he always acts like. (Notice how Dean calls him Sammy several more times in the episode and he never once does that "it's Sam" thing.)

The bad:

they never really let Lenore have, you know, a personality (though, since they let her leave, perhaps we'll see her again?). And they never explained her relationship to Eli or why the other vamps were following HER orders.

Dean punching Sam. Yes, it was a good scene but nothing, and I mean, nothing is more important to Dean than his family. It just seemed sorta OOC for him.

The chick flick moment at the end of the episode as they got in the car. Dean thanking Sam and getting all mushy? Another OOC moment?

The Ugly (or rather the Ick!):
                      the cutting scenes with Lenore and the beheadings were a bit too icky for me. I had to close my eyes a couple of times. I'm glad I wasn't eating.

On the whole a good episode (not quite as good as In My time of Dying but better than Everybody loves a Clown).

Season 2 is off to a fantastic start!

One other thing....
                      Notice Dean's reaction when Gordon tells him about killing his sister after she got vamped? I don't remember exaclty what he said but the way he reacted made me think that we can lay to rest the theories that Sam is 'evil' or 'demon spawn' (or at least put to rest that Dean would hurt him because of it!). He (Dean) looks horrified that Gordon would hurt family no matter what, is the point.
                      I don't know what Papa Winchester said to to him in IMTOD (though I have a theory, posted on that thread) or why Dean has been acting like such a jerk to Sam but at least we know that Dean is still Dean. (if you take my meaning. I've having a hard time articulating my thoughts on this. *sighs and shrugs*)
                      Last edited by Welling_is_pretty; 10-13-2006, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Indeed! So glad the Impala is back.

Comment

I don't know what it is about S2. But it definately isn't nearly as entertaining to me as the show used to be back in S1. I was expecting a lot out of this episode because it was seemingly the first episode getting back to more of a normal routine with going after vamps. But, it seems like John's death is really sucking the life out of the show. I get why it was done. It adds more emotional depth to Sam and Dean, and helps them become their own men outside of their father's shadow. These are good things. It just seems like the formatting of the show is off in some way.

One thing that takes me out of a vampire episode of any kind is when the special effects suck. I HATE the vampire effects on Supernatural. I am a fan of the traditional two fang approach done in most movies, BTVS/Angel, Forever Knight, etc.. I hate how the vampires in Supernatural look like they have a mouth full of shark teeth. Don't get me wrong. I love the concept of vampires on Supernatural because it puts them in more of a realistic setting, if there was such a thing. But the vampire effects really suck in my opinion.

It was cool to see Amber Benson outside of being Tara. I don't know what it was about her in Bloodlust, but she looked damn good as a brunette, and I was never really attracted to her at all when she played Tara.

This episode did have its positives for me though.

- Loved the scene where Sam and Dean are driving near the beginning to Back in Black, and you see Dean happy to get his car back. I thought this was a great scene.

- I liked the Gordon character. While motivation over the loss of a sibling has been done to death, I liked him. I thought he served as a great way of showing who Dean will become without his brother there to keep him in check.

- Nice continuity bringing Ellen back. I am hoping that Ellen and company are shown more through out the season.

- I agree about the opening with Wheel In the Sky playing. Journey is one of my all time favorite groups, and they do a great job putting opening montages together. One little thing I noticed about the opening title, is that the "A" in Supernatural started out as a pentagram when coming in. I never noticed that before.

So as a whole, the first three episodes of S2 have been kind of slow for me. I am hoping that it can get back to the way that it used to be. I will always be a loyal fan of the show and watch it for the entire run. But I would like Supernatural to be a show that I can watch without feeling dissapointed on a constant basis like Smallville. I thought S6 might turn it around with Zod, but the last two episodes haven't been that great. This week's episode "Wither" was terrible.

Comment

I really like this episode, not as good as the premiere and ok, so it wasn't in the least bit scary but it got my mushy side (so the chick flick moment was OOC but still, I think it shows how tough it is for Dean to hold it together if he had that). I hate gorden but i like him being there, I love that there are vamps out there that don't kill, I like that it got Dean questioning his hatred for demons for a bit. I like having Ellen back (starting to really like her) and Amber Benson was so totally totally hot (I never saw her as hot on buffy) and I really wish we could see her again.

I miss the scary stuff but I like the character building they have now, hopefully they'll find some right mixture of those soon and have the scary stuff back as well, or something.

I think i was going AWWW DEAN throughout most of this episode. And I love seeing the Impala back all shiny I know nothing about cars but it sure is pretty.

Comment

Welling_is_pretty, I think Dean hitting Sam was OOC, but that was the point. We all know that Dean would never, ever hit Sam unless something was seriously wrong with him. And something is most definately wrong with him. Even Dean knows that. He just can't seem to do anything about it.

As for that last scene, I also thought it was a little much. But SPN has this weird ability to make me like things even if their a little much. On the one hand, a little too mushy. On the other hand, I like what was revealed during the talk. So, I'll kinda take a little OOC mushiness in exchange for a peak inside the characters heads.

I also wish Lenore had been developed more, which is why I'm so glad she wasn't killed off. They can always bring her back.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎