Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cindy "Mac" Mackenzie

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, they definitely did have to pay for their mistake.

Here is something I was thinking about the other day: In "Like a virgin," Mac sold the purity tests and made enough money to buy a new Beetle. We assume that her family is kind of well off, since they got the settlement and all, but not super rich, since she has a crappy car. How does she explain to her parents where she got this new car? Does she tell them she made the money selling an online test to people at her high school? Or are we just not supposed to be thinking about that?

Comment

Remember in the pilot where Keith says to Veronica "Tonight we eat like the lower middle class to which we aspire!" (Or something like that.)
      I think that the Mackenzies are kind of in the same boat, but that filing bankruptcy may have allowed them to keep some of the items which they couldn't initially pay off, giving the illusion that they're in a better financial situation than they appear to be.
      As far as Mac and her Beetle and what she told her parents, no, we're probably not supposed to think about that.
      It wouldn't be impossible for her to claim she'd been saving money she'd made making websites and doing computer work for people. Still, that's a lot of websites.

Comment

Yeah, I suppose that is a plausible explanation. And I don't even think the Mars family is really lower middle class, at least not by most people's standards. If they were living on that amount of money outside of Neptune, they'd probably be considered something else. Neptune is full of disgustingly rich people who upset the curve.

Did the MacKenzies file for bankruptcy?

Comment

Yep. After Fun Time Motors went under. That was the business Mr. Mackenzie bought with the settlement from the hospital.

Ugh. I know a guy who has filed for bankruptcy three freakin' times. I just want to smack him, repeatedly, because it's people like him who screw things up for the people who don't overspend and who actually pay their bills.

Comment

Oh, I totally forgot that. I haven't seen the first season in awhile.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎