No announcement yet.

Kind of a wacky idea...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of a wacky idea...

When Ask Ausiello said the fanboy-orgasm, pivital (sp?) comic book character would appear this season... this is crazy but assuming Superman doesnt exist on Smallville, if its not Batman, no is really pivotal, right?

Do you think SUPERMAN might be appearing? Like as in this is the final season? IDK, I'm crazy. Haha.

"Superman" is not a separate character. He's just a mature Clark Kent who's accepted his role as a Superhero. That wont happen until mid/end of S7.

Comment

actually we've always argued that clark and superman are two distinct people, and further argued which is the costume and which is the identity...so I'd consider it plausible.

Comment

That seems odd though...its going to be a guest star so why would it be superman...hes already on the show

Comment

let's face it...it's not like he's put an actual appearance in yet.

Comment

Originally posted by kryptonson
            let's face it...it's not like he's put an actual appearance in yet.

Haha... i get it

Comment

Well, in the first OR second season.. somebody asks Clark... "Who do you think you are? Superman".. or something like that..

So they KNOW Superman..

EDIT :: I looked it up

Lana: So which one are you, Clark? Man, or Superman?

Comment

that was lana referring to the nietzche persona of a Superman which if you read Nietzche is an exact opposite of what superman is. she is talking about an idea not a person that they are familiar with.

Comment

Originally posted by luthorsmentor
                  that was lana referring to the nietzche persona of a Superman which if you read Nietzche is an exact opposite of what superman is. she is talking about an idea not a person that they are familiar with.
                  Here is what Wikipedia has to say about the Übermensch (superman). The way I understandd it, there are at least two interpretations, none of which is remotely similar to our SM (although Goethe in a cape, that's kind of cute...).

Übermensch

Some controversy exists over who or what Nietzsche considered the Übermensch (in English, "overman" or "superman") to be or to represent. Some evidence suggests that Nietzsche remained skeptical about individual identity and the notion of the subject, but whether there was a concrete example of the Übermensch remains unclear in certain respects. For instance, the interpretation of Nietzsche as the "Nazi Philosopher" (an interpretation spearheaded mainly by his sister,[3]) has come for the English-speaking world to suggest the Übermensch as Hitler- or Mussolini-like, but modern interpretations of Nietzsche, especially after the work of Walter Kaufmann, suggest that Nietzsche's vision of the overman aligns more with the concept of a Renaissance type of man, similar to and indeed inspired by the creative figure Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Comment

It would not be impossible fo Superman to appear in Smallville because, in the comics, Superman has actually met his own youthful self during time travel. Personally, I do not think it will happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎