X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larger Image of CW's AQUAMAN Page

On AquamanTV, you can't read the writing; this is what it says:

WEDNESDAYS 9/8c
    AQUAMAN

At the age of 11, Arthur Curry, aka AC, lost his mother when a freak storm plunged their seaplane into the depths of the Bermuda Triangle. Before he lost consciousness, AC clearly remembers seeing a terrifying sea creature attack his mother. Now 21, AC runs a dive boat charter in Florida and only feels truly alive in the water. An encounter with a beautiful girl who has her own malevolent connection to the ocean reinforces AC's belief that the sea will someday reveal the truth about his mysterious past.

Based on the classic DC Comics character, AQUAMAN is the new action series from The CW. AQUAMAN is from Warner Bros. Television and Millar/Gough Ink with executive producers Alfred Gough (Smallville) & Miles Millar (Smallville) and Greg Beeman (Smallville).

So, the blonda woman was his real mother? I thought he never met her, and that the lighthouse guy raised him from a baby.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Let me get this right.
        He and his mother, Atlanna, are banished from Atlantis. She and he come above the seas. She dies. He is raised by the lighthousekeeper after that.

Comment

I'm going to guess there's also "Mother never reveals anything to him about his past" in there somewhere.

Comment

The lighthouse keeper is his father. At least, that's how it's supposed to be.

Ving Rhames is the other - presumably - Atlantan.

Comment

Superboy2, after his mother is KIDNAPPED, not killed, Coast Guard Officer TOM CURRY raises him.

j03superbat, McCaffery, who's played by Ving Rhames, is the lighthouse keeper, AND he's Atlantean.

Comment

Whooooooooooa - sorry, got my characters mixed up. I was thinking that Tom Curry was the lighthouse keeper (I was wondering why I couldn't remember what Ving Rhames was supposed to be).

My bad.

Comment

In the comics Tom Curry was the light housekeepre, and his father. The baby drifted to the shore, where T. Curry found him. I wonder if McCaffery has powers as well.

Comment

Why the heck would they put this on their website and then not chose Aquaman! It's so frustrating that it was so close and then taken away.

Comment

Originally posted by j03superbat
                      Whooooooooooa - sorry, got my characters mixed up. I was thinking that Tom Curry was the lighthouse keeper (I was wondering why I couldn't remember what Ving Rhames was supposed to be).

My bad.
                      That's OK man, just pointing it out.

Comment

Originally posted by silverarrow
                        Why the heck would they put this on their website and then not chose Aquaman! It's so frustrating that it was so close and then taken away.
                        That's a good point...why would they bother to put that site together and yet not decide to air it?

Comment

Yeah, Ving Rhames and Justin Hartley look like father and son.
                          I still think there is a chance that the show will air.

Comment

Vhing is supposed to be more of a mentor father figure type on the series...

Now you mention it? They do look alike...in fact not like father and son, more like twins separated at birth.

Comment

Is that a joke?

They look nothing alike.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍