No announcement yet.

Big Bad Boyfriend Lex

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Watching Smallville
    I'm not so sure. Clark told her his secret in Reckoning and that didn't stop Lana from running to Lex during Jonathan's party. I don't remember Lana ever listening to anything anyone else says about any of her friends. She's very loyal that way. But it also means that sometimes she's the last one to find out the truth.
    I do agree with you about Lana's loyalty, but I find it hard to believe that Clark said anything regarding Lex to Lana in Reckoning. Now to some out there, maybe Clark didn't need to. But then I just refer to Lockdown when Clark saw Lana and Lex hugging in the hospital room. After seeing that, Clark couldn't have possibly thought that Lana would've just stayed away from Lex without telling her any information that he had on Lex.

Comment

The thing with Lana -- she always tells people not to tell her anything bad about anybody else. I think that's a really good quality -- but if the bad stuff is true, it's a problem. The time to tell Lana about Lex was Mortal . (The time to tell her everything was Mortal, but that's another thread). At that time she was pretty suspicious of Lex, and knowing that Lex had sent those meteor freaks would have sealed the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Watching Smallville
        The thing with Lana -- she always tells people not to tell her anything bad about anybody else. I think that's a really good quality -- but if the bad stuff is true, it's a problem. The time to tell Lana about Lex was Mortal . (The time to tell her everything was Mortal, but that's another thread). At that time she was pretty suspicious of Lex, and knowing that Lex had sent those meteor freaks would have sealed the deal.
        I'm not so sure that Lana doesn't want people to tell them bad things about other people. I do think that if you say something outrageous and fail to back anything up with specific examples then Lana will not listen. In Lex's case, there is enough stuff that he has done in the past that she has witnessed to believe Clark in whatever he had to say about Lex, whether it be relating to Lex investigating Clark to find out his secret or the aquaman storyline. I think Lana would've believed anything out of Clark's mouth after he had told her his secret.

Comment

If I was in a situation like hers, I would believe the person who repeatedly saves me if they told me to stay away from someone because they are a threat to my life, even if that person has no evidence.

As far as emotionally dealing with Lana, Clark has been off by a lot, but as far as seeing to her well-being, he has always been there for her. That alone should be enough for her to trust him.

She also said in Hidden that the only thing unusual about Clark is his ability to be nice to those who don't deserve it. I'm pretty sure she said that after seeing how obsessed he was with Clark's medical records (then again, so was Lana).
          Last edited by xrayvision; 05-07-2006, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
            If I was in a situation like hers, I would believe the person who repeatedly saves me if they told me to stay away from someone because they are a threat to my life, even if that person has no evidence.

As far as emotionally dealing with Lana, Clark has been off by a lot, but as far as seeing to her well-being, he has always been there for her. That alone should be enough for her to trust him.
            He's been there so many times that Lana hasn't even known about, tornado case and point. A lot of times, Clark makes it seem like he just walked in a room and found Lana on the ground. Now I admit that he has saved her a lot of times, but just because you save someone doesn't mean that the person doing all of the saving is right all of the time. If that were the case, then why is Clark so far away from JorEl and his destiny right now?

She also said in Hidden that the only thing unusual about Clark is his ability to be nice to those who don't deserve it. I'm pretty sure she said that after seeing how obsessed he was with Clark's medical records (then again, so was Lana).
            Lana wasn't obsessed, Lana was curious. Obsessed means that you spend months trying to dig up dirt on someone, like Lex.
            Last edited by myankskent; 05-07-2006, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
              He's been there so many times that Lana hasn't even known about, tornado case and point. A lot of times, Clark makes it seem like he just walked in a room and found Lana on the ground. Now I admit that he has saved her a lot of times, but just because you save someone doesn't mean that the person doing all of the saving is right all of the time. If that were the case, then why is Clark so far away from JorEl and his destiny right now?
              I don't think Jor-El ever did save Clark. In S2, he pushed Clark into Exile as Clark was not yet ready. In S3 (Covenant), he put JK in a coma and took Clark away (though his intentions were to train Clark to get the stones at an earlier age). In S4, he did help Clark at times (in Sacred & Commencement) but never saved him. The 1 time he saved him was when he died, and this only happened after he took the powers away. Plus, Clark wanted to be dead instead of having a loved one die for his revival. I do think Clark should have listened to him in Arrival though. It was foolish to go back and take Lana to the hospital when he still had enough time to get back to the FOS.

Lana wasn't obsessed, Lana was curious. Obsessed means that you spend months trying to dig up dirt on someone, like Lex.
              Call it what you want, but she was very persistent asking him questions about the secret. The one thing she didn't do was dig up info on him (not until Hidden with the medical file--don't know if she took it to prove Clark's normalcy to herself or to Lex).

Comment

Lana should heed Clark's warning because he tends to be right, not because he's saved her life multiple times. He was right about the danger posed Byron ("Nocturne"), Ian ("Dichotic"), and Seth ("Magnetic"). He was also right about the danger posed by Lex in "Shattered". I think that warrants giving him the benefit of the doubt rather than writing him off. The fact that he's saved her life on multiple occassions is irrelevant.

Comment

I stated the Ian & Seth examples in other threads, but you reminded me of Byron & Lex (in Shattered). I agree. His saves show that he cares about her and is always there to protect her, and I think someone like this would want the best of safety for her since he can't always be there.

Comment

I don't think Jor-El ever did save Clark. In S2, he pushed Clark into Exile as Clark was not yet ready. In S3 (Covenant), he put JK in a coma and took Clark away (though his intentions were to train Clark to get the stones at an earlier age). In S4, he did help Clark at times (in Sacred & Commencement) but never saved him. The 1 time he saved him was when he died, and this only happened after he took the powers away. Plus, Clark wanted to be dead instead of having a loved one die for his revival. I do think Clark should have listened to him in Arrival though. It was foolish to go back and take Lana to the hospital when he still had enough time to get back to the FOS.

Call it what you want, but she was very persistent asking him questions about the secret. The one thing she didn't do was dig up info on him (not until Hidden with the medical file--don't know if she took it to prove Clark's normalcy to herself or to Lex).
                    She took the file for herself and to show Lex, but something tells me that if Clark wasn't normal based on the test results, Lex wouldn't have had a viewing of them. I really do think Lana went there to shut Lex up and get him off Clark's back.

As for JorEl, yes, JorEl has done some questionable things to Clark over the years but my main point is that Clark hasn't been right about everything in this series and rejecting his kryptonian heritage, something that he is even still doing presently, is just one example of Clark being wrong. He seemed to love Brainiac up until he pulled out the kryptonite on him in solitude. Clark has also warned Lana about people over the course of the series and has turned out to be wrong. He warned Lois about Aquaman and was wrong there. So again, I can't expect anyone to listen to Clark all of the time about people especially when Clark has no proof of being right or is afraid to mention that proof because his secret might end up coming out.

And how about Alicia, a girl that Clark thought the world about and she ended up nearly killing Lana. Clark was wrong there.
                    Last edited by myankskent; 05-07-2006, 09:13 PM.

Comment

As for JorEl, yes, JorEl has done some questionable things to Clark over the years but my main point is that Clark hasn't been right about everything in this series and rejecting his kryptonian heritage, something that he is even still doing presently, is just one example of Clark being wrong. He seemed to love Brainiac up until he pulled out the kryptonite on him in solitude. Clark has also warned Lana about people over the course of the series and has turned out to be wrong. He warned Lois about Aquaman and was wrong there. So again, I can't expect anyone to listen to Clark all of the time about people especially when Clark has no proof of being right or is afraid to mention that proof because his secret might end up coming out.

And how about Alicia, a girl that Clark thought the world about and she ended up nearly killing Lana. Clark was wrong there.
                      I agree about Jor-El. By now, he should have realized that Jor-El has been telling him to do stuff that's in his best interest.

I think he helped clear up Aquaman. True heros don't use terrorist techniques like Aquaman was to accomplish their goals. I think he was initially right about Aquaman, and that he helped improve AC's character (like he did with Bart, who was stealing things until he met Clark).

With Alicia, the problem was that nobody told him to stay away from her. Nobody knew about what she was like until he found out firsthand. In Lana's cases, he did know, but she didn't listen. I think if Lana knew what Alicia was about, he had enough respect for her that he would listen.

Comment

I agree about Jor-El. By now, he should have realized that Jor-El has been telling him to do stuff that's in his best interest.

I think he helped clear up Aquaman. True heros don't use terrorist techniques like Aquaman was to accomplish their goals. I think he was initially right about Aquaman, and that he helped improve AC's character (like he did with Bart, who was stealing things until he met Clark).

With Alicia, the problem was that nobody told him to stay away from her. Nobody knew about what she was like until he found out firsthand. In Lana's cases, he did know, but she didn't listen. I think if Lana knew what Alicia was about, he had enough respect for her that he would listen.
                        Well he certainly knew what alicia was about in season 4 when she returned. If a girl tried to commit murder on another girl that you have extremely intense feelings for, would you allow yourself to be drawn back into her world again? That's exactly what Clark did in Pariah.

Comment

I think he had reason to think she was cured. She definitely had not been acting as before, but she did make some bad decisions (like putting the red-k necklace around her). I think he was willing to give her once last chance in Pariah, and he was right to since she didn't try to kill anyone. He did understand the tough situation she was in though, since he could relate with his powers (though his secret wasn't exposed like hers was).

Comment

I think he had reason to think she was cured. She definitely had not been acting as before, but she did make some bad decisions (like putting the red-k necklace around her). I think he was willing to give her once last chance in Pariah, and he was right to since she didn't try to kill anyone. He did understand the tough situation she was in though, since he could relate with his powers (though his secret wasn't exposed like hers was).
                            Yeah, but then we have to go back to Lex. If Lana can't hang around Lex because Clark doesn't like him, for reasons not totally made clear to Lana, then why can Clark get involved with a girl that tried to commit murder on Lana? I mean he brought her to the Talon for everyone to see.

Comment

Yeah, but then we have to go back to Lex. If Lana can't hang around Lex because Clark doesn't like him, for reasons not totally made clear to Lana, then why can Clark get involved with a girl that tried to commit murder on Lana? I mean he brought her to the Talon for everyone to see.
                              Hmmm, I can understand your point. I think he probably remembered what happened in Bound and probably took into consideration that Alicia's actions never killed anyone (she injured her father and almost killed Lana but didn't succeed) while Lex's did (those girls in Bound ended up dead, same with those people in Zero along with other episodes).

Comment

Hate Lex more than Clark

I hated Lex in that scene. He was such an ass to Clark!!!! now I know why Clark gave up on him. If this is how Lex treats him then I am glad he turned his back on him. Clark was his only real friend he ever had and he didn't know how to deal with that. So he has himself to blame for losing his friendship due to lack of boundaries on his part.

Lex's "You really crossed a line." comment to Clark, got me madder than wet hen. Clark you could've made a come back to immobilize Lex with and then walk out instead of just looking down your nose at him with a flaring glare. Like "You have crossed so many lines with me plenty of times, now you have crossed another line with me by going after Lana, I know you planned for me and Lana to break up so you can have her all to yourself, Lex. You don't think I don't know how you feel about Lana?! by the way you look at Lana?! You only want her because I had her and you know that's the truth don't you?"That would have Lex frozen in his tracks almost in tears if only Clark had actually said that to Lex in that scene because Lex would know that Clark would be right.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎