Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark is Kryptonian but he can't translate it...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

in the episode with dr. swan swan shows clark some kryptonion symbols and swan askes clark if he knows what they mean. he says he only understands some of it. so my answer is that clark may understand some kryptonion symbols but not all of them cuse think about it were talking about an entire lanuage. thats alot to learn

Comment

Well, for one, he is not a pro at all the symbols and Lionel had them scribbled everywhere, therefore he thought it may have been quite long or a longer messaged. By searching for patterns, which is a simple enough way to crack codes and commonly used, it made it easier.

Comment

But I thought he was downloaded at the caves? What was that scene about from Rosetta?

Comment

Originally posted by k18
          but what if it is not Kryptonian but everyone just think it is?
          It's kryptonian. Not the same as in the comics, but same as in season 2 of SV.

Originally posted by opera_ghost
          the one thing I do think some people miss... including me... is that the kryptonian language doesn't resemble the english alphabet... or any alphabet with less than 50 characters...

it's more like the chinese or japanese alphabet in which the characters themselves are the words....

Wrong. There is in fact, an A=Kryptonian A alphabet, officially proved by DC. SV writers just thought it would be cooler to combine symbols from a sentence into one word. (Retarded if you ask me.)
          Last edited by muffinpeddler; 05-04-2006, 07:08 PM.

Comment

then again i would've hoped clark's superbrain would've kicked in by now. they hinted at that in Season 1, where he learns like, all his school material in like, 1 minutes or something and rattles off a string of numbers about some statistics...so i mean, he should've been able to deduce that by now... then again, he's not smart enough to bound X-rays off of an invisible guy to see him, so what can ya do? Just watch the greatest hero ever... and watch some more... -___- i really ran out of steam around the 'invisible guy' part... dunno how i should end this post, lol

Comment

I thought Clark know how to read them. But now he like he can't read it much but know alittle bit of it.

Comment

Re: Clark is Kryptonian but he can't translate it...

Originally posted by Rafael122
                Unbelievable.

yeah but you or i can't read it so what if it looked like a bunce of scambled letters ...it would give even a superpowered alien a headache....

Comment

I don't see what the big deal is either, In Rosetta Clark said after burning the barn " Its like the cave downloaded me with the language but its all jumbled up" go and watch Im sure theres a vein of truth in what Im saying. Also in the celler with Jonathan he clearly says " I must be reading it wrong" blah blah rule them with strength thats where your destiny lies". We know he read it wrong. He wasn't sent to rule us . I think we've all assumed he can read the Krypt language and you know what they say about assumming its makes an ass/ u /me.

Comment

Clark could definitely read the Kryptonian. I think everyone that was recently working to decipher the codes hidden in the AOL blog can relate. It doesn't mean that people don't know how to read numbers or letters... it's deciphering it.

Comment

He read the "Rule them" message in the ship

He read the "rest of the message" from Swann's blackboard

Now all of a sudden he can't read Lion-El's scribble...

riiiiight

Comment

He couldn't read Z-O-D before it was scanned? Come on!

Comment

Wait did Clark say he couldn't read the symbols from Lionels vault? Can't remember. Maybe we're jumping the gun. I think he can read the symbols he just can't decipher its meaning " Its all jumbled up ".

Comment

Originally posted by clarksmuse
                            Now... why can't Clark translate the symbols? I thought he learned how to read them in like season two????.... A little lost for words here...
                            yeah, did he get stupid or something???!?! did he forget?

Comment

yea i agree it did suck when clark said he did not know what the symbols said but it was alot of different words and things to. plus he may know how to read kryptonian but does not know all the kryptonian symbols and words and all that.

Comment

It could be that it was jumbled up in a non-sensical order. Kind of like scrambled words. Or like others said, if the characters are in a different order, they mean something else, or don't mean anything until they're unscrambled. I also think the pattern is important. We have seen circular patterns (like what Dr. Walden did on his ceiling), asterisk like patterns (I think this is how the symbols were re-arranged after Dr. Walden used his hand to open the locked cave seal), and even scrolling lines (on Swann's screen). The type of pattern was probably all jumbled since Lionel wasn't exactly writing in an organized manner.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎