No announcement yet.

Lois is all about herself!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batfinx
    I like reading these threads to see what ship someone is shipping and how it effects their opinion of each character. Clark really hasn't evolved to a point where he's much of a prize for anyone, but every shipper fan wants their girl to have him and every girl who isn't in their ship is somehow unworthy of his unworthiness
    People who ship are mostly females, they just want to see the girl they can relate to the most with get down and dirty with the guy they would like to get down and dirty with.

With most females who like Clark, don't like him because he's a great character, but because he's easy on the eyes.

If Tom was ugly, do you honestly think so many females would care for him?

Comment

I don't really like Clark that much except when I see him thru Chloe's eyes. She makes him sound much kinder and nobler than he does otherwise.

I personally think Lex is much sexier. He was working that hospital outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreukie
        People who ship are mostly females, they just want to see the girl they can relate to the most with get down and dirty with the guy they would like to get down and dirty with.

With most females who like Clark, don't like him because he's a great character, but because he's easy on the eyes.

He is very easy on the eyes. No doubt. But, there are ten thousands good-looking actors in ten thousand different shows; while I love Tom, and think he does a great job with Clark, it's Clark's character that mostly appeals to me.

I don't know who ships; I have my least favorite girl, and my favorite, but there isn't a girl I particularly hate and particularly love.

Oh...and in real life, I'd definitely blush if I caught Tom passing me by. I mean--yikes!

Comment

I agree with Nerial. I like the character-Clark Kent. Don't know TW. But there are many good looking guys in the world. Only one Clarkie.

Comment

Lois is not a b*tch for speaking her mind. How can I put this, its.... Lois. Her sarcasm is a way of poking fun at Clark, Clark just finds her annoying. Lana uses the whole guilt trip thing that makes Clark go up in his loft to brood, now THATS annoying. AlMiles probably wanted a stronger female character for the show. Doesn't mean she's a bad person by the way she interacts with Chloe and Martha. Lois has soft side, she just doesnt let it out as often.

Comment

About Lois being all about herself, wasn't she all about herself in the first season of "The Adventures of Lois and Clark"?

What I am saying is that in every characterization of Lois down the ages she has always started out with this headstrong, me orientated trate, so why should Smallville be any different?

Comment

Lois had a right to snap at Clark. He comes into her apartment only to say stay away from Graham. He never says hes dangerous or he has the power to turn invisible. From Lois's point of view it would seem Clark isi trying to get ine her business.

Comment

Lois needs to be tough though. That's why Clark likes her.

They should make her tone down some of the attitude though for next season.

Comment

I think we are all ready for some pre-Clois in season six. And I like her attitude. She and Chloe give us the humor we need.

Comment

Um, that's the same thing.
                      Is it? I guess it could be. What I was going on, however was that Lana wants all the attention on her and to get what she wants, but Lois could care less if attention is on her as long as she gets what she wants. hmm, maybe it was too late and I couldn't think of a better example than "me, me, me" and "screw you, I'll do whatever I want, etc...". Is it still the same thing if it's rephrased differently? Maybe it is - I don't know - I thought, all this time that they were different things.

Comment

Originally posted by CallMeClark
                        I think we are all ready for some pre-Clois in season six. And I like her attitude. She and Chloe give us the humor we need.
                        I so agree.

And I also agree that Lois had every right to lash out at Clark. He didnt give any back up to his statement about Graham, and shes just supposed to say "ok"? If he really wanted her to believe him, then she shouldve told her everything he knew at that point, he didnt say much except that he was dangerous.

I think this thread should be locked. Its more of a Lois bash thread now.

Comment

Originally posted by bobser
                          Lois needs to be tough though. That's why Clark likes her.

They should make her tone down some of the attitude though for next season.
                          I think as Lois matures, we'll see the attitude diminish a little, and I hope to see this next season. But nevertheless, I agree with you. She's a tough cookie and shoots straight from the hip, even to the point where she admits she's wrong. Yes, she complains, but who doesn't? Clark does like her, and this is evident in their episodic banter.

Comment

I don't agree with this at all. First before Reckoning, I liked all 3 girls pretty equally, but things have change and I don't like Lana now, but like both Chloe and Lois, and would be happy to have either one with Clark. I'm more about seeing Clark happy, because it is Clark the character I care about the most.

Comment

Originally posted by SVFan7337
                              She has shown a kind and courageous side to repaying the Kents for living there, too---when she searched for Martha and helped dig her out after the second meteor shower. I agree with those who say her "meanness" to Clark is just part of how they enjoy giving each other a hard time. I think all the smirks and eyerolls on both their parts have made that part of their relationship clear.

As for this particular episode I still think Lois was partly frustrated because Clark was off the mark in his last interference with her and A.C. and partly because she hated to admit she rarely attracts the good guys--all realistic imo.
                              I think that's why she was so rude. He was a huge jerk when it came to A.C plus as you (and others) have said the reason.

Was she rude yes, did I enjoy it no. But Clark did a bad job of explaning why guy was bad. He just wants in and says "he's bad got to go". You could think telling Lois the guy can become invisble after she tells him she thought someone was in her apartment while she was shower would be higher on his list. For all Clark knew that guy could have been there to rape Lois or something horrible like that. It's kinda "need to know info" in my books

Comment

because they obviously do not have any material for Lois,
                                I think that sums it up. Unlike everyone else, her character isn't an archtype. She doesn't have a purpose in Smallville; she doesn't even have the place that Lois Lane would normally have in a story.

She's just there.

And because she's just there she has to fill the role that SV didn't have - that of the bafoon, the character that you laugh at their idiocrasy instead of wit, and their stupid actions instead of how clever they are.

She's there to make us laugh - she's like Pete.

But, Pete was funny. Pete was compassionate. Pete wasn't mean unless he was on something. EDLois' humor is always at someone elses expense - I don't find it humorous, I find it *cruel.*

Lois is annoying. I'm not saying that Lana's isn't, but you can at least get inside of Lana's head. Lois just has a nasty comment for everyone. Lana shoots nasty comments over to Clark if she knows that he his deliberately hiding something from her, but what is Lois' excuse to be mean? Damn, I mean the Kents are allowing her to live at their house for goodness sakes.
                                She's a rude nasty ingrate that depends on nepotism for everything in her life from her job to her living arrangements. It's really revolting when held up to Lois' of past years.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎