Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 1.21 - Salvation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode...This is a great show..doesnt and hasnt disappointed yet...plus with all the hot females they have on, just goves me another reason to watch...man i miss Taylor Cole

Comment

What do you think is going to happen in the next episode the season Finale.

What do you think will happen in the season finale

Comment

it's going to be interesting, because they need a plot to carry over next season. So if they killed the demon or lost their dad it would ruin a lot of the point of their mission. But also if they don't get anything done then next season would be more of the same.

Comment

Originally posted by NotTodayPete
          it's going to be interesting, because they need a plot to carry over next season. So if they killed the demon or lost their dad it would ruin a lot of the point of their mission. But also if they don't get anything done then next season would be more of the same.
          I think the demon's going to die. I also think we're gonna find out the demon isn't the baddest baddie in town, and there's gonna be something much much worse introduced.

Comment

This was a great episode. And once again, the girl who played Meg put in a fabulous performance.

Comment

Salvation was one of my many S1 favorites .

Loved the first big Road So Far...moment and strangely I miss Meg rewatching this one .

Maybe they could've let her survive with no more demon inside her. Oh well .

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                I think the demon's going to die. I also think we're gonna find out the demon isn't the baddest baddie in town, and there's gonna be something much much worse introduced.
                I hope they do that too, that way it ca go on and on.

Comment

Holy GOD. That was AMAZING! Best and most Exciting Episode of the WHOLE thing! Thank god i got into this show! Absolutely brilliant!

Everyone concerned with the show and this episode in particular, need a huge pat on the back, well done to all the guys involved in SPN for making a GREAT show BRILLIANT! What a CLIFFHANGER!

Roll on The SEASON FINALE....

Comment

I loved this episode!Liked the plot,how meg came back,how they almost killed the demon,and it was suspensful the whole way!

Comment

Meg has always annoyed me, and this episode was no different.
                      Glad to see it all over with her.
                      Very good episode.

Comment

it goes to show just how deeply dean feels for his family but keeps most of it to himself, so when just a tiny crack of his passion is seen it hits like a train crash. when he almost breaks down saying "The three of us...that's all we have.....It's all I have" and how softly he said it i could understand just how desperate dean really is. it reminded me of the beginning of the episode, when john said "You don't think I wanted a life for you? I wanted Dean to have a family, I wanted Sam to go to school", it was such a small mention but it meant a lot. it means (to me) that sam loves his brother to death but he could survive without him, at least for a long while. the first episode showed that in fact, he had been away from his family for two years and was doing fine. so when john said that about sam, he would mean that sam would have enough to go and live his life. but when he said that he wanted dean to have a family, it proves just what a soft soul dean really is. he knows that dean couldn't survive having just friends or faint relatives. he needs a close tie and bond with his family. the only way for dean to hypothetically survive without his direct family would be for him to have one of his own, that he made by his own blood.

to dig deeper on what i meant by dean not being able to have friends (or, more correctly, not being able to make them) and why i believe this is important, let's look on how they handle people in their daily lives. dean is always the rough one who is blunt, and when he tries to change his rough edges and be friendly, he just comes off as strange which is an even bigger turn off from the people they deal with. dean even expresses with a tang of jealousy that sam handles people easier than he ("You know, my brother could give you his puppy-dog look, and you’d just buy right into it.") and has even slightly expressed his disdain of humanity ("Demons and ghosts I understand, people are just crazy."). this shows that outside of his family dean does not give much fxxks about anyone. he also spent the most time with their father than sam, hunting the supernatural making his distance with society even futher.

this perfectly leads us into sam's situation. as said before, he had a college life, surely a job, and some friends (he was possibly even going to marry jessica). therefore, his ability to appeal to the people he deals with daily doesn't come at a surprise. he understands how humans work and can manipulate and use what his brother calls his "puppy dog" eyes in order to gain attention from people they need, get info etc.

now to expand on what john meant by dean having a family of his own. S1.13 is probably the most important episode of the series to really explain on his character. dean the womanizer was actually, legitimately in love (and ironically met cassie while womanizing, possibly during a hunt), probably for the first time in his life. he even told her about what he was and his life. this of course means that he was dead serious about her, he probably would have married her as well, just as sam would have with jessica. dean probably thought he was living a dream come true until reality set and he had to leave her. cassie didn't believe what he said about himself and his life and moreover he surely realised that being with her would only put her in mortal danger anyway. this killed him (thus why he refused to talk about it with sam) and cassie was a reminder for the rest of his life that he could never have his own family, just as jessica is a reminder for sam he can not have a normal life. in addition, he had no-one to go to about his heartshattering break up, making him face his feelings alone. at least sam had dean when jessica died, right?

so, as proven, dean has next to 0 chance of ever making normal friends and is scarred by cassie and his short lived fantasy with her, making his grasp on his family that much tighter. he really does have no one but family. he could never survive without them. the juxtaposition of sam and dean is that while sam is the soft sweetheart, his is the emotionally stronger one. not only is dean more sensitive but he is extremely so, making his pain more deep on whatever happens to him. that's why sam watches out for dean emotionally because he tips over easily from his wounds, and dean watches out for sam because he gets into trouble a lot sorry for the long post but it's my thoughts over the month.
                        Last edited by Iju; 03-01-2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎