Special Effects

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That car explosion looked a little ...not tooo great.

Comment

wat car explosion?

Comment

that's tru, he caught it suddenly. The inertia would still have hurt them a lot (not as bad, tho), but it's all good. I'm not focusing on the details - not in this episode.

Comment

The scene where Clark stopped the elavator reminded me of Superman 2, where Superman saved Lois from the falling elavator on the Eifel Tower...::

Comment

Highlight of the entire show for me....regardless of the physics involved...it was bada**... IMO

Comment

The train hitting the limo in the beginning...That looked very fake....

Comment

It didnt even explode it just shattered like ice from what I remember.
                Other then that the rest of the episodes FX were fine.

Comment

Reminded me of Superman 2 where Superman saved Lois from the falling elavator on the Eiffel Tower...

Comment

Originally posted by KEakaCK
                    The scene where Clark stopped the elavator reminded me of Superman 2, where Superman saved Lois from the falling elavator on the Eifel Tower...::
                    Was it better than in season three's Obsession when Clark punched through and pulled on the cable to stop the elevator?

It seems like Smallville has a tendency to recycle things but make them bigger the next time around.

Comment

Originally posted by KEakaCK
                      Reminded me of Superman 2 where Superman saved Lois from the falling elavator on the Eiffel Tower...
                      O ya! It would have been awesome to see Clark fly like that too.

Comment

Awesome scene!!!!

I chose to ignore the physics of the catch (i thought the same thing about the impact) and enjoy the look on Lionel's face!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
                          Was it better than in season three's Obsession when Clark punched through and pulled on the cable to stop the elevator?

It seems like Smallville has a tendency to recycle things but make them bigger the next time around.

I totally forgot about the elavator scene from Obsession...Good call Ryan.
                          Would it be too much for me ask for to have atleast one episode where there weren't any recycled scenes or to have an original story line from beginning to end?

Comment

The second I heard about stopping an elevator it immediately made me think of Obsession..

What I am waiting for is for them to have Clark be more powerful than a locomotive. A scene with a train would be awesome. The only problem would be Clark being able to get away or not be seen when he stopped the train. It is a lot bigger than a bus like in S1's Rogue.

At this point it probably would be too much Tom

But at least they try to improve on what they have already done.

Comment

It was great - the looks exchanged were just awesome. While watching it, I wasn't concerned about the physics of it and didn't really think about it until it was mentioned....

Comment

I liked the good old fashioned Superman busting through a wall. They used to do that all the time on Lois and Clark.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎