Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Clark's one true love

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well to be honest, I have always loved Lois and Clark romance, but their are so many
    stories out there I can't keep up.

Comment

• BRILLIANT post, Audrey!

Originally posted by Audrey229
      Personally, as someone who likes Diana, I'd love for Diana to have a man in her life who will put her FIRST. Clark is never going to be that person. Ever. It's always Lois. Diana deserves a man who considers her "the one" just as Clark deserves to be with the person he considers "the one."
      ^But I just wanna say that I completely agree with that in particular. Diana is an amazing, wonderful, deserving character with a gigantic heart capable of so much love. She deserves someone who can love her as much as she can love. And that's never gonna be Superman because as big of a heart as he has, it will always belong to someone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrific_T
        BRILLIANT post, Audrey!

^But I just wanna say that I completely agree with that in particular. Diana is an amazing, wonderful, deserving character with a gigantic heart capable of so much love. She deserves someone who can love her as much as she can love. And that's never gonna be Superman because as big of a heart as he has, it will always belong to someone else.
        And as you may be aware....Diana KNOWS that he always belongs to someone else. Diana and Lois have spoken about this. Diana has told Lois outright that Lois has nothing to fear from her because Diana knows that it will ALWAYS be Lois. He will ALWAYS choose her. And in a way...I find it kind of sad that Diana was forced to admit this. I want better for her than longing for a man who will always choose another woman first.

I wish I had the scans from that issue between Diana and Lois to post because it's just such an amazing moment between them as characters. Diana is so honorable and kind to Lois and you can tell that Diana wants to be friends with Lois so badly. Lois, for her part, is able to see that she doesn't need to fear Diana. Diana tells her outright that even after 1000 years....Clark's heart still belonged to her. That if Clark had died there it would have been with "your name on his lips." And you can see that Lois just loves Clark so freaking much and you can totally feel for both women there. The truth is that Lois has no reason to be insecure. Clark has never looked at another woman but her. There is no one else for him. But from Lois' perspective....it's understandable why it's so intimidating. Her husband is this incredible, revered hero and he's loved by so many people. And his best friend is also this beautiful, incredible woman. Lois has no reason to fear because Clark loves her and has never looked at anyone else.....but Lois is human. And it's completely understandable why she might feel a bit threatened. But Diana puts herself out there and the two basically are able to connect as WOMEN and Diana makes sure that Lois knows where she stands---that she would NEVER do anything to compromise their marriage because she KNOWS where Clark's heart lies. It's such an awesome moment because it's a POSITIVE moment for these two women where they come together in maturity and talk to each other as equals. That's mature writing. The immature gimmick would be to pit the females against each other because that tends to be the cop out so many times with writing for women. But instead, the character subvert expectations. It's awesome.

When Diana is written well...I adore her. She's an AMAZING character. I will def. be tuning into the Wonder Woman Tv series in the Fall. I'm a huge fan of the Trinity friendship in the DCU.

I adore that moment when Conner asks Diana if she loves Clark and she explains to him that OF COURSE she loves him because they are dear friends and family. Diana is basically the sister that Clark never had and it's beautiful. It's such a great lesson for anyone reading the comic that there are different kinds of love and that you can care deeply about someone in a way that is not sexual or romantic but very real and beautiful.

The reality is that Clark is very different from both Bruce and Diana in that he needs and wants a life partner. He's just as strong as Bruce and Diance but he expresses his love in different ways and he desperately loves his wife and nothing will come between them. It's very interesting.
        Last edited by Audrey229; 01-27-2011, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Audrey229
          And as you may be aware....Diana KNOWS that he always belongs to someone else. Diana and Lois have spoken about this. Diana has told Lois outright that Lois has nothing to fear from her because Diana knows that it will ALWAYS be Lois. He will ALWAYS choose her. And in a way...I find it kind of sad that Diana was forced to admit this. I want better for her than longing for a man who will always choose another woman first.
          Doesn't she supposedly have a thing for Batman now? (I mean the good Wonder Woman, not the pants-and-bolero-clad Wonder Woman) *Remembers Bruce's line to Selina Kyle about the one woman who's ever really held his heart* *Sigh*

Why can't she have her own love-interest? Superman and Batman get their own love-interests. Why does she have to be paired with men who already have their #1's? She's better than that.

I wish I had the scans from that issue between Diana and Lois to post because it's just such an amazing moment between them as characters. Diana is so honorable and kind to Lois and you can tell that Diana wants to be friends with Lois so badly. Lois, for her part, is able to see that she doesn't need to fear Diana. Diana tells her outright that even after 1000 years....Clark's heart still belonged to her. That if Clark had died there it would have been with "your name on his lips." And you can see that Lois just loves Clark so freaking much and you can totally feel for both women there. The truth is that Lois has no reason to be insecure. Clark has never looked at another woman but her. There is no one else for him. But from Lois' perspective....it's understandable why it's so intimidating. Her husband is this incredible, revered hero and he's loved by so many people. And his best friend is also this beautiful, incredible woman. Lois has no reason to fear because Clark loves her and has never looked at anyone else.....but Lois is human. And it's completely understandable why she might feel a bit threatened. But Diana puts herself out there and the two basically are able to connect as WOMEN and Diana makes sure that Lois knows where she stands---that she would NEVER do anything to compromise their marriage because she KNOWS where Clark's heart lies. It's such an awesome moment because it's a POSITIVE moment for these two women where they come together in maturity and talk to each other as equals. That's mature writing. The immature gimmick would be to pit the females against each other because that tends to be the cop out so many times with writing for women. But instead, the character subvert expectations. It's awesome.
          I've always wanted to read that. It's sounds so awesome. Do you know what issue it is?

When Diana is written well...I adore her. She's an AMAZING character. I will def. be tuning into the Wonder Woman Tv series in the Fall. I'm a huge fan of the Trinity friendship in the DCU.
          I'm SOOOO excited about the show!!!

I adore that moment when Conner asks Diana if she loves Clark and she explains to him that OF COURSE she loves him because they are dear friends and family. Diana is basically the sister that Clark never had and it's beautiful. It's such a great lesson for anyone reading the comic that there are different kinds of love and that you can care deeply about someone in a way that is not sexual or romantic but very real and beautiful.
          I haven't read that either, is it in the same issue as her day with Lois?

The reality is that Clark is very different from both Bruce and Diana in that he needs and wants a life partner. He's just as strong as Bruce and Diance but he expresses his love in different ways and he desperately loves his wife and nothing will come between them. It's very interesting.
          Agreed.

Comment

• The issue is Wonder Woman v2 170 and i can give you a link of it to download as CBR file.

Comment

• Who should be Clark's true love
              Well, I think that should be Clark's decision. And it looks like he's already made it.

Comment

• It's always Lois

Comment

• Lois Lane

Comment

• It doesn't matter who we want Clark's true love to be because it has already been established for 70+ years that his true love is...Lois Lane. How many years does it take to get that point across? One hundred? One hundred fifty? It's not what we want, it's what IS.

Soooooooo....long live CLOIS!!!!!

Comment

• Lois Lane.

I see WW is an option, because she can "fulfill his physical needs".
                      Well, in SV, Clark and Lois can make love even when he has powers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ebatcl
                        Lois Lane.

I see WW is an option, because she can "fulfill his physical needs".
                        Well, in SV, Clark and Lois can make love even when he has powers.
                        And the comics too

Comment

• Yeh, its always been lois and will probably always be lois. The dude hibernated in the Sun after lois died lol and brought only her back to life after he came back.

Honestly though, i wish Clark had another woman, not only that but atleast have a bitta fun.

Comment

• Lois.

But if I had to choose someone for fun, I would say Zatanna. I would've loved to see an arc where he hooked up with her.
                            Last edited by TheSecretVampire; 01-27-2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎