No announcement yet.

Mac and Beaver aka Cassidy

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SweetOne
    I mean before that he was just watching everything from the edges, no one was suspecting him, he was getting more respect, he had a girlfriend. He was in the best position because NO ONE suspected him. But I think everything started to slip as soon as his relationship with Mac started to go further because anything sexual with him is going to hit much more deeper than your average virgin anxiety. Especially because he never actually faced/dealt with his molestation, I think it made the ramifications that much more intense and twisted.
    THANK YOU! That's exactly my point, except for, you know, actually spelling it out for people.
    Originally posted by SweetOne
    I think it's kind of funny how we don't notice things at first. Like when I rewatch S2 and nearing the end when Mac wants more from him and the heat is on him, he reveals much more of his inner self. There were a lot of times when the camera just zeros in on his face (for no reason) but I think it just flies under the radar. We don't know that we are supposed to be catching anything as far as Casidy goes so we don't pay attention. But his expressions were so tortured at times! And sometimes downright evil looking......I just noticed his expressions so much more than I did the first time watching it through. So he definitely looks like his true nature is slipping, as soon as this whole Mac relationship starts hitting to close too home.
    I suspect the reason those tortured close-ups didn't mean much the first time is that he was so under the radar. With ultra-baddie Aaron's connection to Curly, and the repeated red herrings, we weren't supposed to see Cassidy's involvement. That whole abuse angle took me by surprise, and I knew there had to be some guilt (pride? That's probably more likely.) over him being Veronica's true rapist. On subsequent viewings, when we know he's a killer, it's easy to see what the production staff was trying to convey.

Comment

I always thought that Kyle Gallner was pretty cute, and I was really disappointed about the horrible clips they used of him in the opening credits. Perhaps that was another attempt to show that he has some issues. He just looks so mad in the clips, and at the beginning of S2, we don't really know why, other than being ignored by his dad.

Comment

Really? Cute?

I always found him a little too beaten down to be cute. It was one of those 'I know that guy's got issues' things, and I never really looked beyond that. I guess I'm one of those people who find personalities and character issues more important than appearances.

Comment

Was he on Smallville before he was on VM? I remember seeing him on SV and thinking he was cute...

I don't think he's drop dead gorgeous, but he's a cute kid. They just make him look so...ugh. But there were a few scenes where he was cute.

Comment

Ha!! He was sooooo on SV before he was on VM!! He looks so much younger on SV, in fact that is totally what I noticed when I watched SV on DVD for the first time. Was how young Cassidy looked or whatever that guys name is!! It's so weird calling him Kyle!!

But I thought he was attractive on VM, especially in the third season.

Comment

Yeah, those stations really got the most out of their actors, didn't they? The one that really got me was Lucky in S2 and Tim Foyle in S3. Craziness. And now I have to get some work done, so I'm going to ignore my email for a while. Later!

Comment

Haha, yeah I didn't notice the Lucky/Tim thing until I watched the special features on S3 and Rob Thomas pointed it out.

Bye!

Comment

See you later Connie!! Oh and don't worry about not coming up with a quote, I can post another one!!

You honestly never noticed it Mel?? Like the first MAYBE second time I saw that Tim guy I knew he looked familiar and pinpointed it back to Lucky!! But I was like whatever who cares??

Comment

So they were the same actor?
                    I looked it up once upon-a-time but I forgot what I found out....

Comment

Yeah I never noticed. They put the wig, glasses and beard (did he have a beard? Now I can't remember...) on him, so it was hard to tell!

Anyway, back to Mac and Beaver...

Comment

It was most definitely the same actor.

Mac and MyNameIsCassidy. Wow. I never had all of it figured out, but I knew all along that there was something he was hiding. It's probably safe to say that he was already plotting S2's bus crash at the end of S1. That right there could also explain some of those tortured close ups.

But the scene where V confronts him about what *might* have happened between them at Shelley's party? The one where she says "Well thanks for leaving me there." and slugs him in the arm? The look on his face in the close-up spoke volumes for me as far as him knowing something. That was a "B*tch, if you only knew..." look if ever I've seen one.

Comment

Ooh, I don't think I've ever watched that scene and been really thinking about S2...I'll have to pay attention when I get there again (I'm on disc 3 of S1 with a friend). As awesome as it is to see a mystery for the first time and not know where it's going, it's also really awesome to watch it again and look for clues. And from watching S2 again, there are MANY clues.

Comment

I swear, when the DVDs came out, I was on a non-stop kick with watching them.

Here's what I really miss about the show:
                            It had depth. It was a show that while many parts of it were unrealistic (all the freakin' rich kids!) it had enough realism that it inspired discussion. Look at us. A year and a half AFTER THE SERIES FINALE, we're still talking about it, and we're revealing things to each other that had previously gone unnoticed. I got my husband hooked on VM, and he and I would have discussions after each episode. DISCUSSIONS that didn't include 'what do you want for dinner' and the like.

I really miss this show.

Comment

I do not acknowledge the last episode as a series finale, because it did not feel like the end. I am holding out for a movie of some sort to give us some closure.

Comment

Nice attitude to have, although as time goes on it seems less and less likely.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎