No announcement yet.

ANGEL Video: Bitter End

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANGEL Video: Bitter End

Okay, for some reason, I really really really wanted to make an Angel video, so, TA DA! Yeah.. I had some issues with this video, ask Liza.

But anyway, the song I used was 'The Bitter End' by Placebo and I based it on Season 5 of Angel. I have lots of overlays in one section of the video where it shows a flashback from scenes of the previous seasons.

Ahh, well I hope ya'll will enjoy.

FileFront
    YSI

Feedback is appreciated.

Issues? WHAT ISSUES? Yeah, you had a lot of issues with the video.

Anyway, just watched it, and well, there's no words how to describe how awesome this video is. For starters, I like the green tint you had at the start and the beat matching of the scenes.

There was great lyric matching and the scene selection was good too One of my fave parts has to be at 0:55 where you had teh scene with all of them walking out together.

I love the vision thing at 1:53 with Cordy waking up alongside with the beat of the music. That gave me the chills.

Ooh, I also loved the overlays at the end. That was cool, especially at 2:51 where you showed willow and Cordy doing the same thing.

In conlusion, I LOVED this video. And I would be watching it a lot more

Great Job, FYOC!!

Liza

Comment

Haha, yeah this video was making me mad.

Yay, thanks Liza! I'm glad you liked it. Yeah, the return of the green tint!

Thanks! Glad you liked the lyric matching and scenes. And hey, you helped me with..one scene Yeah, I like the walking scene too.

Cool! I'm glad you liked the vision thing. I loved doing that part!

Yay! I'm glad you liked the overlays, I was afraid they might be confusing and they went too fast. That's cool that you also liked the Willow and Cordy thing, wasn't sure if I wanted to add it in there onr not.

Thanks again!

hehe... FYOC..

Comment

Hey Kristen! Thanks for the link!

I've never watched angel, but I still really enjoyed your vid! You did an awesome job with the editing and timing (and I assume lyric matching and scene selection!) And as usual you picked a great song to make a vid too!

The opening looked very cool! I liked the green tint you had on the first scenes, that matched the credits from the show very well!

The editing at 23 was very well done. And I liked the sequence you had after that till 36.

The part from 53-56 was also very cool! very nice effect and overlay there!

140-157: This was another section I really liked! The axe breaking section was great! And the editing from 153-57 looked amazing! Hey is that the trophy wife from Veronica mars? I didn't know she was in this show lol!

222-235: Again very cool scene choices and awesome editing of all the action scenes! Oh and excellent use of the exteneded overlays from there till 258! you really chose some great scenes to match up to the overlays so they fit together well! Which is very tough IMO! So congratulations on that!

Also very awesome ending! this is actually the only part of the show I've ever seen (the last 5 minutes or so lol!) I didn't know what was going on, but I do recognize it as being the last scenes from the show, so it was cool how you ended with that!

Awesome vid Kristen! I'm sure I missed a lot of context since I never watched the show, but I thought the vid was very well done!

Keith

Comment

Hey Keith! You're welcome! Thanks for watching.

Ooh, thanks for the awesome feedback. I'm glad you still watched it even though you've never seen Angel. Thanks for the compliments on my editing and timing! Also glad you liked the song choice.

I'm glad you liked the opening! Hehe, green is cool. And actually, the show credits are red, but I changed it to green.

Do you mean the little drum roll thing? If so, that part was fun to do because in the show they had so many angles of Spike so I added them all together really fast to match it up.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked the effect at 53, I love inverting scenes. Yeah, the overlay I kind of took from the credits, hehe

I'm glad you liked the whole part at 1:40-1:57! Yeah, the axe breaking scene is pretty cool itself and so I had to add it in there, plus it fit the lyrics.

Yep, that would be her. Charisma plays in both Buffy and Angel. Haha, she plays more of a snob on Buffy but then she becomes more mature on Angel.

Glad you liked the secens from 222-235! The action on Angel is pretty cool. Yay! I'm glad you liked the overlays! They were really hard to match up and look right together because you can only overlay certain scenes up to make it look right, but it is really worth it in the end to see them all together.

From the start of the video I knew I was going to end it at that last scene of Angel, because, well, what else would I end it with? That's cool that you've seen that part too!

Thanks again Keith for the amazing feedback, I always love reading it! And thanks for watching the video too, I know I'd be really confused at what was going on if I've never seen the show.

Comment

Kristen

Thanks for a link. I love angel. and i cant wait to see this video. But i have to wait unil thrusday when i get my new dsl service because i am on dial up right now.. but when i get it this is the first video i am downloading

Comment

Okay Stacy!

That's cool that you love Angel. Can't way to hear what you think about the video!

Comment

Kristen,

I love Buffy and Angel, so I am glad that you let me know about this video. Season five was actually my least favorite season of the show in all honesty. I am a big fan of S4, S3, and S1. The second season had some great episodes but felt logged down by too many flashbacks, and S5 was just alright to me. But I was still excited to see the video because let's face it, it was you we are talking about here. I don't think I have ever seen a video from you I didn't like.

Onto the feedback :

What a great video!

Really awesome job on this one Kristen. I liked the green tint that you had going on, and your timing with the song was as good as ever. Scene selection wise you were really great. You got all the memorable stuff from S5 in there, although I was a bit dissapointed you did not get any Puppet Angel in there from Smile Time. That was the only thing I thought your video lacked. Everything else scene wise you were golden.

The whole video was fantastic, but my two favorite parts were :

- Cordelia waking from her coma right when the music came to a pause.

- The tail end of the video starting with the overlays going into the guitar solo at the end. I really liked the very end starting with Lindsey getting pumped full of lead.. By the way... THANK YOU for getting Doyle in there. Even though he was only in nine episodes, he is my all time favorite Angel character.

The only thing I was not crazy about was the song itself. It is ironic because I love Placebo. I just didn't care for this paticular song. But I did love the end of the song with the guitar solo. Editing and scene selection wise this was awesome. I have not seen as many Buffy/Angel vids as I have of Smallville, but this was definately one of the best Angel vids I have seen.

I have been a huge fan of both Buffy and Angel for awhile now. Sadly I never caught them while they were on television. I bought the DVD sets season per season as they came out and watched on DVD. I am actually glad that I waited, because I loved being able to watch the episodes back to back.

Kristen, if only I could meet a girl like you. You love Smallville, Buffy/Angel, and editing. You are perfect

Comment

Wow Ryan! What amazing feedback! Thanks so much!

That's really cool that you love Buffy/Angel, it's become one of my favorite shows. Hmm, I kind of like season 5 and my least favorite season would have to be 4. I really liked season 1 because it was a great starter season and season 2 was pretty good.

Yay! I'm glad you liked the video! I love adding colors in! The song was pretty hard to do timing wise, so thanks for the compliment on my timing. Glad you like the scene selections too! The reason why I didn't add puppet angel was because it seemed more funny and I didn't think it would fit in the video.

That was fun matching it up with Cordy waking up on the beat. I'm glad you liked that part!

Really glad you liked the overlays and then the guitar solo part! Yeah, that scene was cool with Lorne and Lindsey. I HAD to get Doyle in my video somewhere! He's also one of my favorite characters!

Hmm.. really? I kind of like the song, or I've just gotten used to it Yeah, guitar solos are always cool. I've seen a couple of Angel/Buffy videos before, which inspired me to make this one. Wow, one of the best Angel videos you've seen? Thanks!

I didn't catch Buffy or Angel while it was on TV either, so I bought the DVD's. But it is really cool to see the episodes back to back.

Awww, thanks Ryan.

Comment

Thanks for the link, but I have never seen buffy or angel or any of those shows, so I'm gonna pass on this one....BUT - I am sure you did fantastic editing, so I'll give you two imaginary thumbs up!
                    Hope to see a Smallville vid from you soon, though! Or at least another show that I have seen!

Comment

Yay! Imaginary two thumbs up!

I have to think about what my next Smallville video will be.. hmm..

Comment

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for the link because I haven't seen your video in this forum.

I enjoyed Placebo's songs and this one is great too so it's a real pleasure to see a video with "The Bitter end" I loved it. I also liked Angel even if I haven't seen all the seasons. The last I have seen is when Angel is imprisoned under the water in a box. I can't wait to see the next seasons but I don't know when they will be broadcast here... I really liked your intro title and the green color filter ! Your video was awesome Kristen. Between '051 and 1'01 : that was amazing ! I loved everything : the scenes, the editing, the timing... and the effect ŕ 0'54 was terrific It was my favorite part of the vid. At 1'56 Great scene at the perfect time !! Wow, it was a really cool vid There were a lot of Buffy's characters in Angel, it's cool.

Keep up the good work Kristen, you did an excellent job

[lara]

Comment

Hi Lara!

You're welcome! Thank you so much for the awesome feedback!

Cool, I'm glad you like Placebo's songs and this song too! Ahh, so that means you'll be ready for Season 4.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked the intro and the green filter.

Aww, thank you! I'm glad you liked the scenes and timing from 051 and 101. That's cool that you liked the effects at 054, inverting scenes are fun!

Haha, yay! Glad you liked the Cordy scene of her waking up. Yeah, there's a few people from Buffy that go on Angel.

Thanks again Lara!
                          And thanks for watching!

Comment

Originally posted by Ebert & Roeper
                            Thanks for the link, but I have never seen buffy or angel or any of those shows, so I'm gonna pass on this one....BUT - I am sure you did fantastic editing, so I'll give you two imaginary thumbs up!
                            Funny guy, funny guy. Heh.

Well Kristen I for one HAVE seen Angel, every episode. Love the show. (I didn't watch the show when it aired, I got into it with the DVDs, heh.)

Season 5-centric vid eh? Cool. That's actually my least favorite season in case you were wondering (I still like it though). My preference goes in this order: 3, 2, 4, 1, 5.

On to the vid...

First, great song, never heard it before. Thanks for introducing it to me. Perfect song choice and name for the vid, Season 5 definitely left a bitter taste in my mouth! The ending was most truly a bitter one, heh. Haha loved this vid! It's refreshing to watch a non-Smallville vid for a change. Awesome editing in this one! And loved your scene selection! This vid was just pure fun, truly a fan-made piece of work. Loved the overlay/fade work at the end, beautiful! Loved the character compilation during it! And the "Edited by Kristen" at the end looked awesome! Great job, thanks for linking me!

Comment

Thanks for the awesome feedback Xanderman!

Yay! That's cool that you've seen Angel. Yep, I love the show too and I also got the DVD's.

I wasn't really sure what season I wanted to do but when I heard this song I really wanted to do a video to it, so I thought season five fit the best.

Glad you liked the song! Yeah, it's a pretty cool song, I like the sound of it. I'm also glad you loved the video! Yeah, I watch Buffy/Angel videos every now and then. Thanks for the compliment on my editing! Glad you liked the scene selections and overlays too! Yep, I had to have cool fo nt at the end with 'Edited by Kristen'

Thanks again, and you're welcome!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎