Superboy TV Series

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually I didn't mind the Mxyzptlk so much. except reading the name backwords he figures it out was kinda stupid. I saw a clip on youtube about the episode where he travels to alternate uni's. he totally looked like the reighn of the supermen superbpoy in that one. whats funny is that 5 min clip made me wanna watch more superboy. all of season 1 didn't chow

Comment

Yeah he did looks like the Superboy for the Reign of the Supermen. I remember hearing speculation that that episode or maybe other elements of that show inspired at least slightly the characters in Reign of the Supermen. I still think the one that's appears to most have inspired the comics is the second part of that episode. You have a Superboy who calls himself The Sovereign. Both his costume and the way the city looks makes me think it inspired Red Son Superman when he's President Superman.

The the link to youtube
      From the Season THREE Episode "Roads Not Taken Part 2". In an alternate universe, Superboy is an evil dictator, Lex Luthor is a good guy, and he and Lana La...

Comment

Originally posted by Antithesis
        You have a Superboy who calls himself The Sovereign. Both his costume and the way the city looks makes me think it inspired Red Son Superman when he's President Superman.
        I'm not really sold on the notion that the "Red Son" design has to have been an imitation of "Sovereign's," mainly because if two artists are both trying to solve the equation:

[Superman's uniform] + [Stalin's uniform] = ?

then it shouldn't be surprising when those two artists' designs share certain commonalities. For the suits to be gray rather than blue is really best, as Josef liked red and gray. Black gloves and boots make sense for that I'll-squish-you-and-enjoy-it look. And to have the cape attach under a band collar is almost the only way to not make the cape look goofy, and band collars are best because few types of collars are even possible with the chest symbol ruling out a jacket that clasps in front like most guys'.

To sum up, I think Red Son's design looks like Sovereign's not because the artist aped a previous design, but because Red Son was about a dictator Superman and Sovereign was also a dictator Superman, and so they both unsurprisingly look like a dictator Superman.

Comment

thats great someone put season 2 episodes on youtube now I can watch some of season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by dsv100
            I'm not really sold on the notion that the "Red Son" design has to have been an imitation of "Sovereign's," mainly because if two artists are both trying to solve the equation:

[Superman's uniform] + [Stalin's uniform] = ?

then it shouldn't be surprising when those two artists' designs share certain commonalities. For the suits to be gray rather than blue is really best, as Josef liked red and gray. Black gloves and boots make sense for that I'll-squish-you-and-enjoy-it look. And to have the cape attach under a band collar is almost the only way to not make the cape look goofy, and band collars are best because few types of collars are even possible with the chest symbol ruling out a jacket that clasps in front like most guys'.

To sum up, I think Red Son's design looks like Sovereign's not because the artist aped a previous design, but because Red Son was about a dictator Superman and Sovereign was also a dictator Superman, and so they both unsurprisingly look like a dictator Superman.
            Ok. That is a good point.

Comment

Okay, I'm half way through season 1 of Superboy and i gotta say i LOVE IT!

Of course, at first the bad acting, corny jokes and cheesy storylines stick out like a sore thumb... but after 15 episodes, i'm addicted!

----- Added 59 Seconds later -----

p.s. John is HOT!
              Last edited by Hopefulsuicide; 03-24-2009, 02:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I watched the first and second episode of season two and I was laughing so hard when superboy wheeled into lex's. They also have the bizzaro episode on youtube and that was funny two but I think it was better than the first episode. I was also watching a bunch of the clips on youtube and it looks like this show has vampires, a bunch of aliens, magical people, and beast.

Comment

I've watched the first 2 eppies of season 2 now (yeah that wheelhchair scene was funny )... and i already miss John... there was just something more likeable about him, more gentle.

Comment

is he still acting?

Comment

You mean John Haymes Newton? According to IMDB he was as of last year anyway. I do remember seeing when I happened to flip to Walker Texas Ranger a few years ago. With Gerard Christopher it says the last thing he did was in 2002.

Comment

For those that use bit torrent someone has uploaded there vhs versions of season 2 and 3 on a few of the known sites.

Comment

I haven't seen too much of this show so I can't really judge, but it seems pretty decent in it's own way. It's fairly light entertainment along the lines of the Salkind films since the Salkinds did it, and for the time I think it worked. Like a lot of these Superman projects, more could have been done with it, and like a lot of them, we'll probably never see the actors together in character again. I agree they should at least find a way to get it out there-either on The Wb's website, or online somewhere, or on a cheaper dvd method like those burn to order sets they are starting to do.

Comment

I justed watched episode 8 of season 2 the return of mxyzptlk and it was horrible.
                            The story was ok but the acting had me shaking my head most of the episode.
                            I did like when the big guy turned a man into a tomato and threw him at a car.

Comment

This show was good.

Comment

Okay, so I'm half way through season 3 now, and my god it's so much better!

They really changed Clark's 'geekiness' to a level I can get more on board with. Favourite episode so far - A day in the double life

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎