X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Corner

Football-Over
    Hockey-Over and Done(maybe for good)
    Basketball-No ones excited till the finals

The national pasttime is back!Spring trainning starts tomorrow(feb 15)!1st off-spring trainning is a sure sign that spring is just around the corner.I dont know about u-but weve had a long cold,snowy winter and ive had enuff!2nd-baseball is the only sport played without a clock-3rd-America=baseball,hot dogs,apple pie!Ok -so im a big fan-go ahead-let the naysayers begin ripping me apart lol.

YAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Baseball is the best!!!!

Comment

Re: Alright-Spring Trainning Starts !

Originally posted by axisoftime
      Football-Over
      Hockey-Over and Done(maybe for good)
      Basketball-No ones excited till the finals

The national pasttime is back!Spring trainning starts tomorrow(feb 15)!1st off-spring trainning is a sure sign that spring is just around the corner.I dont know about u-but weve had a long cold,snowy winter and ive had enuff!2nd-baseball is the only sport played without a clock-3rd-America=baseball,hot dogs,apple pie!Ok -so im a big fan-go ahead-let the naysayers begin ripping me apart lol.

Sorry bro but football is officially the national past time now, the proof is in the pudding

you forgot one-baseball=beer!

GO DODGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

America's Pastime

Comment

America's past pastime come on man. Look at the facts Super sunday is a unofficial holiday baseball is boring to alot of people-I like baseball don't get me wrong but to even start to argue that baseball is more popular than football is pointless because the torch was passed officially during the last baseball strike. Jerseys, ratings, advertisements, ticket sales-they all say the same thing football baby!

Go Dodgers!

Comment

Take me out to the ball game,
            Take me out with the crowd.
            Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,
            I don't care if I never get back,
            Let me root, root, root for the home team,
            If they don't win it's a shame.
            For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
            At the old ball game.

Comment

Originally posted by Zungas
              America's Pastime

What ever!

NFL anyone?

Go Nationals!!

Comment

Originally posted by Disco
                Take me out to the ball game,
                Take me out with the crowd.
                Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,
                I don't care if I never get back,
                Let me root, root, root for the home team,
                If they don't win it's a shame.
                For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
                At the old ball game.
                Gotta love that song though

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by truemeathead
                  [B]America's past pastime come on man. Look at the facts Super sunday is a unofficial holiday baseball is boring to alot of people-I like baseball don't get me wrong but to even start to argue that baseball is more popular than football is pointless because the torch was passed officially during the last baseball strike. Jerseys, ratings, advertisements, ticket sales-they all say the same thing football baby!{ENDQUOTE}

I suppose this is a matter of opinon-however i entered 'National Pastime' on Google search and in the first 2 pages there were 12 baseball references and no football!An article in the New York Daily News by 1 of the countries top sportswriters that i read b4 also states the national pastime as baseball!Yes Super Bowl is the greatest 1-day event-but it is more a spectacle these days.Just listen or read about it when its coming up and u hear'Beer-food-parties-halftime show-commercials-and o yeh,a game also'lol.As far as ratings go-well if u want to judge it on that-then i suppose WWE is the national pastime scince it does better then both!
                  Last edited by axisoftime; 02-15-2005, 02:11 PM.

Comment

You say so bro. you say football is a spectacle what about baseball? The government is actually threatening to step in and handle the drug policies because of all the steroids floating around baseball parks in America. Conseco is running around badmouthing some of the biggest names in the game and labeling them as roidheads. Mark McGwire is one of the two men credited with bringing baseball back into good graces with the fans after the strike, the home run race ran through America like LIGHTNING BOLTS and now the guy that won that race is being publicly called a juicer-that's what I would call a spectacle.

Randy Moss and TO run off at their mouths and act like jackasses but no one has ever labeled them steroid users. Baseball is leaving a bad taste in people's mouths again, I like baseball but I just think that football is a more popular sport right now that's all.

WWE is like pop music-teeny boppers decide those two markets success, I could care less about them.

Comment

According to every athlete and sportswriter ive heard or read,Jose Canseco is 1 of the worlds biggest jerks and liars.Everyone says he is near broke,in debt and just wants to sell books.And in his book he says that HE was THE greatest player of all time!LOL.
                      Randy Moss?the guy who tried to run over a meter maid?and dragged her around on the ground?The guy who said sometine he dont care unless its a big game?
                      T.O?-The guy who said in an interview "everything T.O. does is front page news"
                      And for awhile there people were calling the NFL the National Felon League!
                      And yes,u were right,i forgot to put beer in with hot dogs and apple pie lol.

Comment

You guys could argue back and forth over the national past time forever. But there are some facts you have overlooked:
                        1. America's Past Time have been synonmus with Baseball since the 1940's. Times change.

2. Baseball has grown to international prominence. Can it truely be "America's game" if it is so popular outside the US? Maybe, but:

3. America used to dominate the Olympics in baseball, but now things are different. In 1996, the US team failed to medal, and in 2004 didn't even qualify for the Olympics.

Comment

Baseball has the greatest rivalry in sports-Yankees-Red Sox.
                          And the best movie-Field of Dreams.To paraphrase:

"They will come Ray-theyll hand over their money cause its money they have-but peace they seek.Throughout the turmoil of life there has been 1 constant-baseball!"

Sniff-kinda brings a tear to your eye,dont it.

Comment

Yanks and Red Sox is a matter of opinion. Frankly, I could care less about the yanks and the reds. Rivalries are better on the college level anyway. Bottom line, baseball is no longer uniquely American. Everything you are saying is just side stepping the issue. While football is American. Even in Canada where they do play football, it's different rules.

Comment

im not one for baseball but NFL is pretty entertaining ive managed to catch the superbowl for the last few years anyway. kills me getting to work the next day but we dont get it till late at night/early morning taped it this year though so i side stepped that land mine but its not the same to watching it live....

I love the tackles in NFL if it was a more fluid game with less stops then i think it would take off in other countrys better.

People watch it & if they dont understand it all they will see is alot of talking, then stopping at a down then the defence will replace the attack or visa versa then a time out & that really confusses them so they just dismise it as rubbish wen in fact its a clever game.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎