Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kryptonsite Christian Fellowship Circle

Due to popular demands, I'm opening this up. No, it's not against our rules (read 'em again if you're not sure). Yes, it's fine if people of other faiths do the same. Yes, discussions and disagreements about theology are okay, but this thread is primarily intended to be what the title implies, so no flamewars and no anti-Christian trolling. All site rules apply like any other thread.

I was thinking this might be a nice thread to have for us, is all =)

Hey, cool thread ProudPenny! Thanks.

Anyhow, I'm just going to wait for some more posters to post in here first...
    Last edited by number8; 02-18-2006, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Give it time.

Comment

Ahh well, I can start. This is the verse I've been pondering today/lately:
        Luke 12:23-25 (New International Version)
        New International Version (NIV)

(23) Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.( 24) Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! (25) Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Comment

Thanks ProudPenny...this is a cool idea. Also, what a great verse to be thinking about. I know its something that i needed to hear. But, i still struggle with the idea of God providing what i need vs. me stepping out of my comfort zone, and doing what i feel God would want me to do.
          I guess its the age old question, live by faith and let God provide, or act and hope your faith will pull you through...

thanks again
          B-

Comment

Nice thread Glad to see it opened.

Comment

That's a great verse ProudPenny (can I call you PP? My fingers are too lazy ). We should really rely on God more often, trusting Him with everything. I have to admit, at times it's a bit hard for me to give Him my all when I am going through times of "trouble".

But one verse I have been thinking about is Luke 12:48.

Luke 12:48 (New International Version)

(48) But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Lately I have been reading a book entitled Who Needs a Superhero? by H. Michael Brewer AKA Comic Book Man . It's a great book, the main point is he talks about "Finding virtue, vice, and what's holy in comics". He talks about some of the superheroes/heroines, and discusses about their "superpowers".

I enjoyed reading his views on Superman, how he is like Jesus, because in both scenarios, each is sent by the father to "save the world". How they came into our world through a miraculous events, such as in a rocket-ship and a virgin birth. Anyhow, it's great book (I can tell even though I'm not quite finished yet), so if you ever get a chance to read it, you should.

As for the Bible verse, Brewer also said it was like an echo of Stan Lee's, "With great power, comes great responsibility". So yeah, I decided to help serve in my community and tried my best to do it all for God. Yeah...

Wow, I think this was my longest post ever.
              Last edited by number8; 02-18-2006, 07:22 PM.

Comment

if we're opening discussion on christianity, can we open discussion on politics?

Comment

Hi everyone. Thank you for starting this thread, Proudpenny. I think it's a really great idea. I don't know if I have anything useful to contribute just yet but I look forward to future fellowship. The Bible is so rich!

Comment

If we're opening discussion on christianity, can we open discussion on politics?
                    No. Anyone who's read our rules knows religion has always been an allowable subject here on Ksite, and politics has always been verboten, and that isn't changing. And questions like that would be best left to the Help Desk or a PM to a mod.

You're welcome love_sv, and I agree =)

Comment

Hey love_sv! Glad you could join us!

And ProudPenny, could we change the "corner" part in the thread name? It kinda lost it's individuality (along with Canuck's Corner) when Tempest made all the "Sports Corner" threads.

Comment

Sure. To what should we change it?

Comment

What about Circle? Like the shape: United, constant and never ending.

Comment

That's a pretty cool idea! Thanks Ferd

Comment

I think one of my favorite verse from the bible is from the book of wisdom.
                              "The man who speaks of injustice will not go unoticed, nor shall avenging justice pass him by."

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎