• i thought it was cool when clarky X-Rayed him

Comment

• Originally posted by jesslang
      i thought it was cool when clarky X-Rayed him
      agreed

Comment

• i give it a 9 love it

Comment

• I had forgotten how many times Clark would burst into Lex's house and just start accusing him of stuff

Comment

• This episode is good but not on my top.Liked cyborg(hes one of the best superheroes,liked the plot and liked how lex was the bad guy again

Comment

• I appreciated the character of "Cyborg" a lot more when I re-watched this episode, and I can understand now why they've included him in the JLA in several episodes. I did feel like a lot of the scenes in which they made the analogy between him and his girlfriend to Clark and Lana seemed a bit heavy-handed, but I guess that was supposed to be their big last "hurrah" before all the horrific hoopla that followed in "Hypnotic." I was actually surprised by how dark Lex was in this episode, in how he betrayed Clark's trust and was about to turn Cyborg into a fairly emotionless drone. All in all, I will give this episode 8 bionic enhancements out of 10 for a pretty cool superhero intro episode!

Comment

• From memory...8. Good ep.

Mackenzie Gray as Dr. Alistair Kreig is great!

Comment

• I enjoyed the episode, but the Clana drama in season five is really annoying and redundant.

Comment

• Not as good as "Run" and "Aqua". Not sure what more to say about it really. I can't help but feel like Victor is a token black character (that's what he often feels like in various incarnations). He's there so that they can have a black superhero on the proto-League, and nothing more. He appears in this episode, then "Justice". Unless you count skyping in, in the the season 9 finale, and a cameo in "Icarus" (played by a body double), that's it. Kyle Gallner appears in three episodes. Alan Ritchson appears in four. Alaina Huffman appears in five (again, not counting skyping in the S9 finale). Britt Irvin appears in 3-4, as does Michael Shanks (depending on how you count "Absolute Justice"). Victor gets the least amount of character development, out of the proto-League members. The least amount of screentime, and like the least amount of mentions.

I don't mind them having ethnic diversity on the proto-League (in fact, I'm in favor of it). However, there are so many others that they could've chosen from. Characters who might've been more budget-friendly (they didn't have the budget to give Victor an exoskeleton).

You know, there's Vixen - black. In like the 1990s, she wore a black leather jacket, black leather pants and black boots. Throw in a necklace, with a wolf's head, and you've got an easy budget-friendly costume for her.

Gypsy? Though, I think that she only appropriated the image of the culture (rather than actually being Romani). But, an adaptation could've chosen to run with it, and have Cindy Reynolds actually be Romani. Of course, that doesn't change the fact that her superhero name is really a racial slur. The big problem with this character is that, even if you have Cindy be Romani (maybe even cast an actress of Romani heritage), any positive potential with the character might be undone, because she runs around calling herself a racial slur.

Dr. Light (Kimiuo Hoshi) - Japanese (easily modified to Japanese-American, if needed)

Vibe - Latino.

Amazing Man - black.

Zatanna (whom they later introduced) - Romani.

Fire (Beatriz da Costa) - Latina.

The Post-Crisis on Infinite Earths Katar Hol/Hawkman was half-Native American.

Bloodwynd - black. An advantage with Bloodwynd is that the comics never gave him a civilian name, or explored his personal life. There is the origin of the Blood Gem (his source of power), but not really how he acquired it. Giving an adaptation pretty free hands when it comes to the adaptation.

Black Condor (Ryan Kendall) - Native American.

And these are just some examples, if you want to go with existing (in the early 2000s) JLA:ers, who are superheroes of different ethnic groups. When you move outside of the Justice League, there are more. I excluded John Stewart, due to obvious budget limits (and the unlikelyhood that they would've been allowed to use him). I also focused on budget-friendly superheroes (that Smallville could've realistically been able to pull off).
                    Last edited by jon-el87; 11-26-2022, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎