No announcement yet.

Ep 1.15- The Benders

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dannyblue1
    The wacko family in this episode seemed to be based on the legend of the Bender family, who lived in Kansas and, from 1872 to 1873, killed two dozen men. When they finally figured out what had happened to all the men who had gone missing, the sheriff and some deputies went out to arrest the Benders. But they escaped...and were never caught. So all the sheriff and his deputies found at the house were the bodies of the missing men.
    Woah! I did not know that! So their imbred great, great grandchildren might be out there somewhere...creepy!

Comment

well, a number of posses back then claimed to have found the family on the run and finished them off. I wonder if every posse did actually finish off a family thinking it was the Bender's.

Comment

There seem to be various retellings of the urban legend of the Bender family...

The main story/legend can be found at

Other stories include modern retellings of the original story - such as a family luring guests home for dinner and then killing them and serving them for dinner.

Comment

Did you notice the part when Dean was almost burned with that red hot iron? Well, Jason did the same to Lex in the episode of Smallville, FOREVER!

I guess its true what they say...What goes around comes around!

Comment

I have to say, the fights on this show have been some of the most realistic looking fights I've ever seen on TV. I mean, the way Dean was getting tossed around and grabbed and tackled, that seems like how a real fight would go, rather than the more polished fights you usually see on TV. (Which I also enjoy, no doubt.) But dang if I didn't flinch every time Dean got slammed into a wall. Still, he was holding his own against two guys until a third played dirty, snuck up behind him, and hit him over the head.

Comment

I really liked this episode, even though there wasn't any Supernatural beings involved. It was exciting and interesting in a different way.

The little girl is so ugly. Sorry for being mean, but she is! While the brothers are just pyscho, and the father? I can't think of one word that would describe how much I hate him. I was pratically cheering inside of me when the cop shot him. Obviously Dean and Sam knew :]

Haha. The ending was funny when Sam started teasing Dean about being watched over by a thirteen year old girl and couldn't manage to get away from her. Funny how they ended up locking her in the closest. I thought she would've been a lot of trouble of getting rid of, especially with all those weapons up her sleeve.

Poor Dean. He got beaten up a lot. It was really tense when he was creeping around the house in search of the key. The Benders family is scary, but in some ways, there are these types of people in the world. Well, probably not necessarily in the sense that they kidnap people for fun then release them and hunt them down like normal people do with animals, but in the sense that they torture others for fun. So in some, it's disturbing but it's based on real life issues, so I accepted it as an episode that reflects the world.

Comment

I was so thinking of the short story "The Most Dangerous Game" when the family was hunting Dean and Sam. This ep was soo freaky!

Comment

Ok, this had to be the creepiest episode of SPN. Bugs was the Ickiest (with Skin a close runner up) but this was just plain freaky. I guess it just goes to show "Demons I get. People are crazy." What humans do to each other is so much worse than the worst hell spawn evil.
                  Sam was so great in this epi, though. He really kicked butt and showed he's just as much of a fighter as Dean. "don't call me Sammy!" heh.
                  And Kathleen was one of the best guest roles they have had. I hope we see more of her.
                  The end walk was so cute too.
                  Just...that family=creepy!

Comment

This one was pretty damn creepy I try not to watch movies like this... Wrong Turn, I Spit On Your Grave, House Of Wax, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Deliverance... okay so they are not all about cannibals or skinning humans... but I think you got my point...

Just to know that somewhere out there... there might be crazy people living like this... Makes you wish that you'd travel the roads with some protection or something... IMO but then again I am from TX.

I liked this episode because Dean seemed helpless... he was so worried about his younger brother... I mainly watch the show because of their chemistry, brotherly love mixed in with humor and they don't always agree... to me it's so real...

Comment

Originally posted by tw190
                      I was so thinking of the short story "The Most Dangerous Game" when the family was hunting Dean and Sam. This ep was soo freaky!
                      whoa no way i totally thought of that too. i liked this episode. it's showed dean's softer side but i really loved it

Comment

I still gave this episode a 9.

IMO this episode sticks out due to non supernatural origins. But I have to admit it was twistedly brilliant! Addams Family eat you heart out!!

Dean: 'Looks like these locks are gonna be a bit*h!' hahahahaha what a line!

Comment

This episode is good it kinda remimded me of wrong turn 3 with imbreds.Liked the plot,and dean kicked a**.But it was kinda sultle.

Comment

I did not know that this episode was based on a true family named "Benders"

It's a creepy episode for sure. No supernatural beings- just plain humans....

The cop was fantastic in this ep. She finally got closure about her missing brother- so sad.

Sam: So you got sidelined by a 13-year old girl?
                            Dean: Shut up.
                            Sam: I'm just saying, getting a little rusty there, kiddo?
                            Dean: Shut up!

Love those two together

Comment

This was one freaky episode.
                              I was so happy that the police officer shot that old dude in the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎