Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accidentally helped create his son's Arch-nemises!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accidentally helped create his son's Arch-nemises!!!

Jonathan Kent treated Lex Luthor like crap in the first season and this pushed him away, in the second season he did it again, and Lex fell even further. This with all of the countless events that Lex has been through, created the Lex we know he'll become...sad.

Jonathan could see that Lex Luthor was not the good person that Clark thought that Lex was, and Jonathan was right. With all the things that Lex has done, that affected the Kents, we can understand why Jonathan did not trust Lex.

Comment

I just hated when Jonathan would get mad at Lex for investigating the meteors.

It's human nature to be curious, Lex had no idea that they were remnants of Clarks home world, or that Clark had a home world other than earth...

Jonathan is still the best, but come on, I agree that he accidentally helped turn Lex away from good.

Comment

THere were times when Jonathan would try and accept Lex then Lex did something to put Clark in danger (expose him). Jonathan could never fully trust him. He had to choose between Clark and Lex, it would always be Clark.

Comment

Hmm...I guess your right, but that kind of started in season two...(I've been watching my seasons again)...there wasn't any reason to be mean to Lex in the first season other than he judged him based on Lionel.

Jonathan immediately hates him(understandably) because he hits Clark with the car. The rest of the time, even when Jonathan is over the whole bridge thing, Lex was just investigating the meteors or the car accident, which any red blooded human being would do.

It just bothered me is all; I think that if Jonathan would have been nicer Lex would have taken longer to become evil...yeah, it would have happened anyway, but not in the same way...

One more thing...this thread implies he helped create more than one...no, just Lex. Never anyone else...I don't think anyway.

Comment

I think Jonathan had a good reason to hate Lex all this time. Lex was responsible for dumping the waste on his farm. He continued to investigate his son when he said he wouldn't.

Comment

Yeah, but he hated Lex from the start, and Lex did not dump the waste on the farm, and Jonathan knew that.

The investigating came later, and at first, he was just investigating meteors and rumors of a spaceship. He didn't know it had anything to do with Clark Kent...at the time, he does now, but come on.

Comment

...I think I've figured it out....Jonathan Kent was shaping Clark into becoming Superman right?

Well, Clark just followed his example....really if you look at it this way, Jonathan was the classic personification of Superman...of course he'd be at odds with Lex Luthor...it's just the way it is...but in the course of this attitude...he made Lex darker and in turn, made himself right. And in the future, ruins Clark's life because Lex is so dark now.

Comment

I definitely agree with you brainiacowen.

Actually the way Jonathan treats Lex was one of the reasons i didn't start liking him much up until season 4 and 5. I mean Jonathan treats Lex nicely sometimes but not always.

Comment

To be honest, Jon's treatment of Lex really disgusted me. I hated Jon's character because of it, too.

Comment

Nonsense. Jonathan tried over and over to be nice to Lex and so did Clark but it got them screwed or in trouble every time.

Wouldn't have it any other way! Lex is and has always been EVIL. It was SMALLVILLE that gave him the "poor Lex" image.

Jonathan was a wonderful character. The platitude comes to mind, "A smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others." I MISS JONATHAN!

Comment

I do believe tohugh that in the Smallville story Jonathan is one of many people responsible for Lex becoming the evil man he is destined to be

Comment

Originally posted by OutlawAngel
                          ....one of many people responsible for Lex becoming the evil man he is destined to be
                          There's also Lex himself, Lionel, Clark, possibly Lana, maybe Chloe.......

Comment

Jonathan is not lex's father, he is not responsible for him,and he's just one person, do you honestly think that Lex entire personality was shaped by his best friends father's opinion of him? It was not Jonathans job to look after Lex, it was his job to look after Clark. Anyway, i think Jonathan wasspot on with hisopinion of lex. So many SV fans seem to live under the Saint Lex delusion, but the truth of the matter is is that Lex did things in questionable character even as early as season 1.

Comment

I aint saying that Jonathan alone is to blame. Many people around Lex are to blame including Lex himself, but Lex looked up to Jonathan and that is why I say that he is a part of it. Not at all the only or main person (that right I believe goes to Lionel) but none the less a part.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎