Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 1.9 - Home

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just rewatching this episode now and I have to say that...even though I have seen it twice before, I didn't really realize how much I liked it.

I am blown away by how vulnerable Dean is in this episode. I guess I'm used to him being so gruff and "I can handle anything" but he really lets his fears show in thi epi. Like when Sam first said they had to go home and Dean was extremely upset about it, even mentioning that he said he would never go back there. It is amazing how much of his feelings he is showing, he looks a quite overwhelmed and uncertain, especially with Sam's news about the nightmares. When he called his dad at the gas station, it melted my heart because he seemed so vulnerable as he was telling his dad that he needed him....needed his help. You could tell he was scared.

Scared of the new developments of Sam's visions and the aspect of facing his tragic past. Poor Dean.

On another note. The famous Missouri scenes. Dean's face was priceless when he tried to defend himself (about putting his feet on the table) and Missouri said "You were thinking about it!". LMAO His expression was so funny. And then Sam is watching them back and forth like it's the BEST thing he's ever witnessed. He was enjoying Dean's trouble with Missouri so much!

Comment

Originally posted by SweetOne
      I am blown away by how vulnerable Dean is in this episode. I guess I'm used to him being so gruff and "I can handle anything" but he really lets his fears show in thi epi. When he called his dad at the gas station, it melted my heart because he seemed so vulnerable as he was telling his dad that he needed him....needed his help.
      Oh yeah, the phone call to Papa Winchester was excellent. Not just his fear of "the thing that killed Mom" being too much for him to handle but his fear that he might not be able to protect Sam (at least that is partially how I read it). He reverted to "little boy Dean", no facade, just the boy he is inside and it was beautiful.

On another note. The famous Missouri scenes. Dean's face was priceless when he tried to defend himself (about putting his feet on the table) and Missouri said "You were thinking about it!". LMAO His expression was so funny. And then Sam is watching them back and forth like it's the BEST thing he's ever witnessed. He was enjoying Dean's trouble with Missouri so much!
      I'm torn over the Missouri stuff. It was funny and I was right there laughing with Sam over it but at the same time I want to grab Missouri and say "hey! Don't threaten Dean! Even jokingly!"

Comment

That was BRILLIANT! Loved it, Best Episode So Far BY Far! Great to see Dean & Sam's dad at last since that fateful scene in the pilot. Exciting stuff ahead i bet!

Comment

"Home" is still one of my favorite episodes. Watching it after more recent revelations is very enlightening.

Comment

This episode is amazing, i saw it last night.Liked how the mom came back,even though i dont know i can already tell sams got a power and the ending was a true cliffhanger style

Comment

Loved this episode.
              So, the fire lady in the present was their mother all along?
              She was trying to contact Sam and Dean, and not scare the girl?

Also, the poltergeist they vanquished, it was what killed their mother and Jessica?
              Or is that mystery remained unsolved?
              I guess I'll know more as I watch the episodes one by one.

Comment

i liked it when dean saved sam from being choked to death and he grabbed him up and clamped sam in a hug. it made sam look like the helpless 5 year old little brother from his wheezing and gasping, barely grasping onto his big bro, and dean looking very protective. so much to describe in a 3 second scene, jensen and jared's chemistry is really something gold. i wonder did they just wing the brotherly moments or did they hire and expert or something, because their reactions with each other are just spot on, sometimes not even as brothers just as siblings.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎