Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 3.14 - Obsession

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched Obsession today, on a re-run watch with my mum (who's watching it for the first time). I enjoy this episode a lot, especially after watching Unsafe and Pariah, and I'm reminded how much I actually really did like Alicia even though she was a complete nut. Clark and Alicia had some awesome chemistry and I loved how much happier Clark seemed to be when he was with her. Especially in this episode. I hated that she was killed off in Pariah.

And I'll always love that hot bedroom scene, especially when Jonathan walks in, the look on his face. I'm surprised he didn't have another heart attack My mum was like, ''ooh, that's a bit saucy'' and I said ''you haven't seen anything yet!'' Alicia going after Lana was same-old same-old, I mean, just how many people have gone a Lana killing spree throughout the series? It's a shame no one had succeeded.

The last scene with Lionel and Adam was awesome.
    Last edited by Livstevi21; 01-18-2011, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Holy crap. The chemistry between Tom and Sarah is off the charts!

If Lois Lane didn't exist, I wanted Clark and Alicia to be together. I loved her in season 4 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by VilleFan
        If Lois Lane didn't exist, I wanted Clark and Alicia to be together. I loved her in season 4 as well.
        Same.

Comment

Originally posted by UpandAtom
          this episode is one of my favorites. Sarah Carter's performance made me fall in love with her.
          She was a likable character. The nut part of her personality wasn't so hot, though.

Comment

Okay, Alicia just jumped in the bed with Clark. Does that man have a pair of arms on him or what? Geez, Louise!

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Alicia sneaking back into the Kent house to overhear their conversation was not cool. But she has already shown that boundaries mean nothing to her.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Observation confirmed. She tells Clark they're special and people like them don't have boundaries or limits. Ha! Clark is getting skittish.

----- Added 29 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Sacred 1.0
            That whole thing about Alicia going after lana, was a direct product of shoddy writing.. there was no reason for Alicia to think that lana needed to get out of the picture,.. it made no sense, but then that’s something we’ve become accustomed to
            I disagree. After the initial "happy phase" Clark realized that something was not right about Alicia, and that feeling rapidly turned into "this chick is nuts!" SANE trumps HOT any day and I really have to wonder about anyone who thinks otherwise. That said, Alicia's increasingly disturbing intrusions into Clark's life revealed his past relationship and (possibly) still real feelings for Lana. Alicia redecorated his loft and we know Clark has at least a few dozen pictures of Lana stashed around there. It's not an impossible leap to believe someone as unstable as Alicia would consider Lana an obstacle to her Clark bliss and go after her. This is the same girl that bludgeoned her dad and who knows what she did that guy she used to like a lot.

----- Added 36 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
            The Clana elements got a bit on my nerves, especially when Lana went from "dropping by to thank Clark for saving her life for the umpteenth time" to "bugging Clark about his secret for the umpteenth time."
            Lana is fixated on Clark's inability to be honest with her. No different really from Lois's "like a dog with a bone" trait when she goes after a story. Anyway, we know Clark and Lana STILL have feelings for each other no matter how they try to bury them and just be friends or whatever. Alicia's admission about Clark to Lana had to sting. If I were in Lana's shoes, I would have "bugged" Clark, too. I think we all have the ability to stick with something that really bothers us, especially when you KNOW someone is being less than honest and won't TELL you whatever it is they're hiding but insists on being a PRESENCE in YOUR life.

----- Added 39 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
            I love this episode. Clark looks so happy.
            Of course, Clark looks happy. He thinks he's found someone he can be somewhat honest with because she has a secret, too. But, this being Smallville, there was no way he was going to be happy for more than 5 minutes.
            Last edited by Raistlin; 09-17-2011, 10:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

LOVED this episode! I like how Clark and Alicia were so cute in the beginning, made you forget about all the Clana angst, Clark wus in luuuvv and then it was like WOAH SHE'S EFFIN NUTS!!! Sarah Carter was amazing in this and that's probably why this episode came off so good!

I just saw this last night and I already forgot what the Lana/Adam scenes were about but I think was her finding out about him spying on her and Clark.

At the end, part of me just wants Clark to tell Lana. I understand the reason Clark doesn't tell her in this season is because he doesn't want to put her in danger but I feel like not telling her is actually more dangerous. Especially if they want to continue being friends.

I gave this one a 10 out of 10!

Comment

Agreed! 😞

Comment

One of the main characters have to deal with a stalker... and, for once, it isn't Lana.

This episode marked the first of three appearances by Sarah Carter as Alicia Baker. I thought she gave a good performance. Yes, she is a stalker and ends up trying to kill Lana, but I also found myself feeling sympathy for her. She's never before met a superpowered person (presumably having no idea, that there were others like her in the world). She's always been isolated and her parents feared her, to the point that they locked her in a room. She is a damaged person and now she meets someone, who is just like her. Of course, she becomes convinced that they're soul mates and are meant to be together. Not that this justifies two counts of attempted murder. What it does do, is give her dimensions outside of just being another FOTW. She didn't become like this, simply because she's meteor infected (sometimes the show had a tendency to blame the villainy of meteor infected characters, on the Kryptonite). The whole thing could've been avoided, if her parents had reacted differently to her parents and had she been made aware of how common metahumans are in Smallville.

I quite liked the Alicia-Lana scene, where Alicia questions what it is Clark sees in Lana (something we've all asked ourselves at times).

Pete shows up for 29 seconds. Enough time to congratulate Clark for having a girl, in his bedroom, but not enough time to be relevant for the plot of the episode.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎