Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 3.12 - Hereafter

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anybody notice Lex's slip up? or was it done on purpose?

"Music hath charm to soothe the savage breast"

err... shouldn't that be BEAST? Trust me... I just rewound it and played it over and over... he said "breast".

EDIT: should've googled before posting. I've never heard it said this way before but I guess it's legit. The phrase was coined by William Congreve, in The mourning bride, 1697.

Now if only I remembered this episode when Lana faked the car explosion thing... this kind of gave away that she isn't supposed to die until she's old. Or what would be terrible (saying that only Clark can change destiny) would be that if she does die before she's old... it would have to be Clark's fault somehow!
    Last edited by urherenow; 04-09-2008, 12:39 AM.

Comment

does anyone know where i can get a gif image of the cape scene? i really want the scene.. but cant seem to find it anywhere and im not good at making gifs or clips at all

Comment

A very good episode. The scene with the cape was fantastic The last scene where Clark finds Jonathan in the barn lying on the ground & yells " Mom" three times is disturbing- but amazing if that makes sense....

Comment

Originally posted by JU Mike
          When Jordan grabbed Clark, shouldn't he have seen him get killed by Doomsday?
          clark will never die, he may get killed from time to time but his life will never end, if that makes sense

Comment

Clark hadn't met DD yet.
            So his future probably changes when he does.

I LOVE JORDEN CROSS!!! <3333

I loveeee this episode.
            I cried when I first watched it.

I loved that for once our FoTW wasn't trying to kill anyone, he was trying to save them.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by ash91
            you seem to have the wrong episode, jordan was in resurrection
            And you're worng.
            That other dood was totally right.
            I just felt like saying that even though you probably don't even come here any more....

Oh, apparently you do.
            Last edited by AlexanderTheGreat; 11-03-2008, 08:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I really don't get the post above this, but whatever...
              This episode was great and when I saw Jonathan lying on the floor and Clark dropping those cakes, my heart started pounding like mad. Great ending.
              Also, there is this scene with a cape. Although the effects are quite crappy, it was 2004. so I guess it can be forgiven :P Unrelated to this episode, I applause the effects on Clark's heat vision, which is simply amazing.

Comment

I liked this episode.liked the FOTW,and i liked how we saw the cape.But the coachs plot was so boring and weak.Just not enough screen time.

Comment

I love this episode. I loved the beginning and just the whole storyline. Imagine how horrible it has to be to see every person you touch dies O_o Good acting and music and one hell of a shocking end. Although I knew Jon wouldn't die then my heart still started beating a little extra. Clark seeing his father on the floor, dropping the poor cookies, the soundtrack, screaming for mom... Clark's so human there. He could just rush Jon to the hospital, but instead he's like in a shocked state and screams for mum instead.

Comment

looks like Jordan was the original Dr. Fate. I didn't remember that that image of the cape flowing in the wind had been used before the Absolute Justice special. So it was cool to see. I just finished rewatching this episode and it really was like seeing it for the first time. Didn't remember much about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan87
                      looks like Jordan was the original Dr. Fate. I didn't remember that that image of the cape flowing in the wind had been used before the Absolute Justice special. So it was cool to see. I just finished rewatching this episode and it really was like seeing it for the first time. Didn't remember much about it.
                      I loved that moment, too -- I think it was the first time we'd had any true cape references! Plus, Jordan Cross was one of my favorite guest characters. His friendship with Clark, and the way they inspired each other, was very cool.

Comment

This is a really good episode. Definitely one of my favorite S3 eps.

100 years was a great song to use for the opening
                        The cape scene is fantastic. Especially the first time that you see it.
                        Jordan is a likeable FOTW. I liked the relationship between Clark and him.
                        Liked how Clark/Jordan discussed Clark's immortality "It's like you don't have an end"
                        The fire made for pretty good suspense, and Clark saving Jordan from the explosion made for a good scene

Comment

Originally posted by k18
                          I remember the cape the most. That was really a great scene.
                          Totally!

I also loved the scene between Lex and Chloe breaking and entering Adam's apartment.
                          Last edited by Raistlin; 09-17-2011, 07:52 AM.

Comment

I like Jordon, but his power gets kinda uncomfortable on rewatches. Also, Coach Altman was one of those "normal people that went psycho" characters that's gets unbelievable at times especially when they over do it. Other than that, really enjoyed this episode and what it said for Clark's character.

Despite my 2 dislikes, I'll give it a 9 out of 10!

Comment

A good episode, that deals with altering the timeline, without having to resort to time travel. With his visions, Jordan is able to see the future, which then prompts Clark to alter a death (which almost comes with a price of two more deaths, that weren't supposed to happen). Showing us already that changing the timeline has consequences (something that comes up in later episodes). Quite liked Jordan.

Originally posted by ash91
                              i'm just wondering. shouldn't jordan's vision have shown clark getting shot in Hidden? although i guess you can't expect writers to plan that far ahead into the future.
                              It seems that Jordan can only see your final demise, not a death where you're revived after a few minutes.

There is no evidence that it'll happen in this continuity. The Death of Superman storyline was a cheap marketing ploy to sell comics. As a hypothetical death of Smallville's Clark can't get some money in DC's pockets, it'll never happen in Smallville canon material. Not to mention, Superman was brought back to life afterwards. Meaning a hypothetical "death" at the hands of Doomsday, wouldn't be Clark's final demise.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎