Ep 3.9 - Asylum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
    They're not allowed to say that word.

Has anyone ever noticed a black smudge in the corner of the screen when Lex is talking to Ian in his room? It seems like it's a microphone or something.
    I did hear some 4 letter words in the Gag Reel, but they're allowed to say it in that. Man, I miss the Gag Reels.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Sunny8
    This was a cool continuity episode. I like that they brought back 3 FOTW's. Also, I liked when Clark was walking through Belle Reve in the beginning of this episode and how everyone knows him. If Lex and Lionel really wanted to know about Clark all they had to do was ask some of the residents at Belle Reve about him. I also liked the way Lex goes off on Clark like a crazy person. Clark is totally stunned.

Lionel in this episode was downright heartless. I guess he really didn't want to go to prison and he would destroy Lex to avoid going. I'm glad he got his comeuppance when he found out that he erased Lex's memory of Clark's secret.

Adam was cool in this episode because he does not fall for Lana like everyone else automatically does. I still don't see why Lana is blaming Clark for something that Lex did to her. Why she thought Clark sent Martha to talk to her on his behalf is interesting. She never knows when something is over. Did she forget already that Clark dumped her? The music that plays (I guess Lana's theme) is something that I ended up not liking even though it was probably done by Mark Snow. They played this a lot whenever Lana was on the screen in an angsty scene.

One thing I learned early from SV from this season on is that scientist and doctor's must not make that much money. They are so easily bought it pitiful. Or either they are very greedy.
    I had always questioned if Eric Summers was a freak and Wrath settled that question. Eric is definitely not a freak since Lana took Clark's powers the same way, but instead the kryptonite didn't make direct contact with Clark's or Lana's body, allowing only a partial transfer of his powers to Lana. With Eric, the kryptonite did touch Eric's body (Leech) & Clark's body (Asylum). Smallville's version of Parasite is a meteor freak who doesn't need kryptonite to steal powers.
    Last edited by xrayvision; 06-09-2009, 09:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I enjoyed "Asylum" pretty well. It was by no means as good as "Shattered," but an episode would be hard-pressed to live up to the standards that episode produced, especially with Michael Rosenbuam's incredible performance as a mentally and emotionally unhinged Lex Luthor. Here, though, we did get to enjoy the reappearance of some of the memorable members of Clark's Smallville Rogue's Gallery. Whether or not Eric Summers should be construed as an actual freak or not, he was still one of my favorite villains from Season 1, and I'm glad they decided to give him a return appearance. Ian Randall was never one of my favorites, but they used him pretty well here, too. And Van McNulty was an interesting character who departed from the FOTW norm, but ended up reaping what he'd sown by the killing of so many meteor freaks previously. And it's chilling to see how far Lionel was willing to go to protect his dark secrets (even though they all ended up coming to light in the end anyway).

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
        Has anyone ever noticed a black smudge in the corner of the screen when Lex is talking to Ian in his room? It seems like it's a microphone or something.
        Yeah, I've noticed that too! I thought that something was wrong with my DVD or something lol.

The ending scene made me cry a bit. I dunno, but I felt so sorry for Clark.. .

Comment

Do you remember the painting Lex does? what does it mean?

Comment

I loved this episode!!My first favorite of the season and my 4th favorite episode ever!Lex was still crazy,the begening was awsome,three FOTWs and Eric is my favorite FOTW ever!! 11/10!!

Comment

The Paper says Themiscyran Queen Address' Vatican

Comment

Enter the Clark Kent Revenge Squad. This episode isn't just a continuation of the season's Lex plotline, but also the conclusion of something that began in the S1 episode "Leech". We see the return of Eric Summers, along with Ian Randall and Van McNulty.

It's always nice to see returning villains. They've already been introduced and established, so the episode doesn't have to set up who the characters are. It also means that we got some follow-up on some villains of the week.

The episode also contains a minor Wonder Woman easter egg, with a Daily Planet headline about Hippolyta adressing the Vatican. Which I found a bit odd, seeing as she belongs to another religion.

Comment

I have been trying to figure out why it is so easy to get anyone's current medical records. Must have been before HIPA laws......

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎