No announcement yet.

Ep 2.09 - Dichotic

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
    The best parts of this episode were Clark standing up for himself and Dr. Helen Bryce making her first appearance.
    My favorite two scenes:

1. Clark tells Lana and Chloe how it is (at the end), to the tune of "I Wish I Cared" by A-Ha (cool song by the way).
    2. Ian goes to hit Clark with a pipe (or something) while Clark is putting Chloe down; Clark doesn't flinch, finishes putting her down carefully, and then proceeds to throw Ian several feet away.

Comment

This episode sucked. The FOTW was lame,lana and chloe were being retarted,and so was clark. The only good part was lex and helens story,but it was still lame how they met.

Comment

its obvious that in the begining of the episode just before the titles when he killed his profesor he splited in 2.. how on earth the other half had the same clothes?? xD

----- Added 41 Minutes later -----

my bad.. he takes his clothes off.. so i suppose he has the same clothes in his bag -.-
        Last edited by smallvillefun13; 09-10-2010, 01:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

6 Points

Once again a good episode and the great ending, But i didn't like this weekend villain, He was kind of boring, single man ..dual appearance, i wish there could be more explanation on he obtained that ability.. its kind of big turn off when there is no focus on the opposite character, other wise this could be a great episode!!

Comment

I love when we see Clark use a new power, in this case he learns how to grow a backbone and tell Lana and Chloe how it is at the end. I think due to the fact it just gets so annoying watching Chloe and Lana both get on Clark's case so much during these early years there is just that sense of enjoyment seeing Clark stand up for himself for a change. Probably one of my favorite final scenes in an episode to be honest

Comment

I liked Lana and Chloe, but lately it seems they have been ganging up on Clark and waiting for him to make a move even though they obviously both have feelings for him. Also, it looks like he is fed up with both of them.

Comment

A highlight for me is the final scene where Clark says he just wants to be friends with both Lana and Chloe, sees their disappointment, and then when he is outside the Talon he grins. He just got validation both girls want him and walks off into the night knowing he is the man. Little nuances like that are great.

One other thing about this episode is that it shows that if you have confidence and are a bit aggressive, you do well with women. If you're interested you ask her out, and physically escalate. Sitting back, pretending to be friends, etc never gets you anywhere. It took balls for Ian to kiss Lana by her locker after just helping her study. Plus I do crack up when he says "Together you're almost my equal" to Chloe and Lana. Haha...Ian was a cocky bastard wasn't he?
                Last edited by vyperman7; 01-06-2014, 07:17 PM.

Comment

I've always disliked this episode for the most part, but after a rewatch tonight, its not so bad after all.

Lana and Chloe were attitudes towards Clark were ridiculous, lol, but it was cool to see him stand up for himself to them.

I liked the continuation of the money troubles storyline for the Kents, it was one of the most compelling aspects of their family drama, and worked in well this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
                    A highlight for me is the final scene where Clark says he just wants to be friends with both Lana and Chloe, sees their disappointment, and then when he is outside the Talon he grins. He just got validation both girls want him and walks off into the night knowing he is the man. Little nuances like that are great.

One other thing about this episode is that it shows that if you have confidence and are a bit aggressive, you do well with women. If you're interested you ask her out, and physically escalate. Sitting back, pretending to be friends, etc never gets you anywhere. It took balls for Ian to kiss Lana by her locker after just helping her study. Plus I do crack up when he says "Together you're almost my equal" to Chloe and Lana. Haha...Ian was a cocky bastard wasn't he?
                    bingo.

Clark laying the verbal smackdown on both Chloe and Lana in this episode is probably one of my top 10 scenes for the entire series.

even if the episode itself was fairly average for the show.

Comment

This episode wasn't memorable but I don't hate either. The fact that JTT could split himself into 2, doesn't impress me much. I didn't like the fact also that Chloe and Lana sort of gang up on him when he tries to help them realize that Ian was just using them both.

Comment

Not a very memorable episode. It introduces Helen Bryce, whom will be a recurring character for the season.

The FOTW is Ian Randall, who can duplicate himself and uses this ability, in an attempt to graduate early. The FOTW plot falls apart, when Ian decides to date both Lana and Chloe. His goal is to graduate early, yet he's wasting time with those two. It just comes across as a weak attempt to get the characters involved with Ian's story. Otherwise, Clark wouldn't have been driven to investigate Ian. Mr. Frankle would've been found, but no one would've been able to connect Ian to the murder.

Comment

The character of Ian really needed to be fleshed out more. He wants to get out of Smallville, so he hopes to graduate early. He's apparently so desperate to do so, that he's willing to commit murder. Why? It can't simply be a case of him wanting to get out of town. Is there a reason why he's willing to go as far as to kill people, just to get out of Smallville? Are his parents abusive and he hopes to get away from them? We never find it out. Sadly, these early villains didn't get to be properly fleshed out.

However, I wouldn't have minded to have seen more of him (than just here and "Asylum"). There is a Superman villain, kinda obscure, called the "Duplicate Man", whose ability was to turn himself into two people. According to the DC Database Wiki, his real name was never revealed. So, it wouldn't have been extremely difficult to have Ian become the Duplicate Man. You just have to give him the name.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎