Loved it? Hated it? What did YOU think of "Lockdown?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ How can you call Splinter worst episode???

Mod Note - Edited for Insulting Another Poster. Strictly against the rules.
    Last edited by LexLuthorMetropolis; 01-21-2006, 05:58 PM.

Comment

This episode made me finaly make Lana into a catch frase with me and my friends. "Dont be such a Lana". No offense to KK, like her but not her character.

Comment

This was a great episode IMO, some of u might say it was just a filler episode before the 100th episode but i think that the characters and the storyline have developed a lot in the last 3 episodes...

Now i can't wait for the next episode! Hope they don't disappoint us and it could be "everything we all wanted to see"...

Comment

As far as everything I've always wanted to see... I'd like to see Lana die, but I don't think that's going to happen, even if they tease us.

I've heard that there will be the death of two main characters in the one hundredth episode. Could one of the death's be a dream sequence?

I think that Clark will have a dream of Lana getting killed in a car accident, caused by Lex. This dream is what convinces him to tell Lana his secret and propose to her. However, during this time his father, Jonathan, will die as a result of the consequences of him disobeying Jor-El, but Jor-El won't forcefully take Jonathan's life, he will voluntarily give it up - because he had already made a deal with Jor-El a few years ago anyway. His time was borrowed.

What do you think? Is that possible or wishful thinking?

Comment

^^^^I'd like that to happen, but I don't think it will, mostly because Lana's wearing an engagment ring in the trailer. Clark obviously proposed to her beforehand.

As for Lockdown, this is late, but I still thought it was great. I saw it a long time ago, so a long review escapes me, but I thought it was one of the best episodes of the season. However, the 100th episode is what I'm really looking forward to.

Comment

Some other site said in a review, I'll check my history for the link, but Clark proposes at the beginning, so I don't know whether or not to believe him.

Here's that link!

Comment

This episode would be good if they edited out all the Clark scenes.

I give the Clark centered storyline a 2, the rest of the episode(Jonathon Kent 4 Senator, Lana-Lex being locked down) a solid 8
                Last edited by Supsfan; 07-10-2009, 08:24 AM.

Comment

This episode i good,but i dident really pay attention beacause of the 100th episode next.Liked lexana,the clark saving lana was tight and the spaceship plot was amazing

Comment

This episode honestly wasn't quite as bad as I thought it was the first time around, or how I'd remembered it. It's still not one of my favorite episodes of the season, but it was far from awful. It involved a lot of Chlark scoobying, including the hilarious "super-shake" that I'd completely forgotten about, which always makes me happy. It planted the seeds for future Lexana stuff, but none of that was gag-worthy. It was refreshing to see Lex willing to sacrifice himself for someone else the way he almost did for Lana, there. Poor Sheriff Adams, though... *sniff* She was such a great, funny character. Still, I will give this 6 out of 10 state-of-the-art panic rooms -- slightly above average.

Comment

I love Lexana. Actors did a great job in this one. And finally Lana tells off Clark for always questioning her about the space ship. She has good reasons for trying to figure things out herself. The characters acted more human in this ep and responded to situations the way you would expect them to.

One of the best scenes in SV:

"Partners?" Lex offers a hand.

"No." Lana smiles. "Let's try being friends."

Comment

Just rewatched it, I remember it being a pretty good episode, but nothing really happened so it was like ok w.e. I like the whole lex in the panic room idea, and it was cool to bring back the sherrif team from Arrival, that sequence was crazy.

I liked the end with the explosion and stuff. But the lana storylines just tend to drag on, shes playing with lex and clark. I wasnt seeing enough Tom in this one.

SO does the sherrif officialy die in this ep? or was she healed?

Watching season 5 right now, mostly the "bottle" episodes

Comment

Rewatching season five and since I wasn't on the boards when it first aired, I'm reading the posts and commenting on those that grab my attention.

Originally posted by Crazy4Smallville
                          ...I absolutely hated - the death of my dearly beloved Sheriff Nancy Adams.
                          Yeah, I didn't see that one coming. She will be missed.

She's the only person who talked to Clark like he was 'normal' like everybody else.
                          I know. I loved her down home, folksy way of speaking.

Clark is surrounded by his parents, who know what and who he is and they have nurtured that part of him his whole life. Lana is infatuated with him...
                          I have to disagree about Lana. She is not infatuated with Clark. She is in love with Clark.

BTW - I LOVED the forshadowing scene where Clark is talking with Martha and she tells him that maybe Lana wasn't the one he was meant to be with. Clark then tells her that he couldn't imagine loving anyone else - and then Lois shows up.
                          Major and needless anvil throwing.

The story of Superman has always been about Lex and Clark.
                          Really? I thought Lex was only one of Superman's foes not the major one. But I admit, I don't read Superman comic books.

Lana was never a large part of that story, and she played no significant part in the future of Superman. However, in Smallville she's become the pinnacle of mythos.
                          Exactly. Smallville is pre-Superman. It's about Clark Kent's life from teenager to young adult and TPTB playing with all the characters to work within their version of a new mythology. I believe this has been done in the comic book world, too.

Comment

Not sure this thread is the best place for this but I didn't want to start another thread.

Going through the episodes that featured the election campaign, it's noticeable how Clark keeps his distance from it all. Even when events threaten to derail the campaign, like in the previous episode 'Fanatic', there is almost nothing of Clark talking about his dad running for state Senator. In fact, I can't remember if he and his dad ever had a direct conversation relating to it. Of course Clark is preoccupied with Milton Fine and the neverending Lana drama, but it shouldn't have been to the detriment of talking to his dad about something that would be significant for the Kents going forward. Maybe it doesn't make for rivetting television, but leaving it out is a glaring omission too.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎