No announcement yet.

Episode 2.10: One Angry Veronica

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post #40 of 45

First, I really appreciate that you guys try to keep me from being spoiled... but I know that you guys watch it on ET time zone, so once it starts airing for you guys I stop coming to the thread. I imagine anyone else that doesn't want to know before it airs in their time zone would do the same thing. So I say... screw the spoiler tags once the episode begins airing in ET time zone.
    What yellowqueen22 has said here is actually the official site policy =) I'll try to clarify that in some way for people. You do NOT have to spoiler-font information in an episode thread once the episode has aired somewhere.

I thought this was easily the worst episode of the series thus far. Will post more after I return from errands. =)

Comment

i havnt watched the ep cause i wont be able to see it anytime soon so i read what everyone wrote ... neways .. is it just me or is it that the weekly mysteries are getting dry and borring.
      like last weeks episode abt the whole baby thing was kinda blah ... not horrible but the way she figures things out that are so obvious is just getting to me now, although it was kinda cool how the deaf lady was trina's mum, but still.

Comment

Worst episode???? Worse than "Girl Next Door"????

I wouldn't classify this as the best episode. But I still really liked it. The reasoning behind the tapes being stolen was a little lame... but it was great having Keith in the Sherrif's office... and interacting with all our fav characters... they are definately leading up to something.

I really loved the jury b-story. I'm not sure why people hated it so much. Yes... it put Veronica "behind a desk", not out in the action, and it was solving the mystery after the fact.... but I think it was a nice change. I love that Veronica didn't back down. And I love that Veronica was sucked into compliance & normalcy at first, voting for acquital, until the sole dissenter spoke up. I also love that it forced her back into the tension between 09ers and PCHers.

The Meg death was a little lamely done... and the Leo thing was kinda poorly done... although it allowed Logan closure & Keith a way in (Let me tell you how mad I got when I saw Logan stealing the paper... I became nervous that they were going to send Logan pivoting back into the black hole land of bad guy psychotic jerk).

And the ending was the best... Meg dies before New Year (out with the old... although I love Meg and will miss her), and Wallace shows up on her doorstep on New Years (in with the new... a new year for the two of them to sort out their issues... we missed you Wallace).

Ohhhh... I was also incredibly excited by just the mention of Mac. RT... please make Mac a regular in the future, as you suggested in your interview last week... please... pretty please.

I did miss Kendall & Beaver this week...

And yes... it was a little odd to have Duncan missing from this week's episode, with the exception of the little appearance at the beginning. And now that Meg is dead and the baby is born what will our little Duncan do???? [SPOILER] I'm wondering if our little Duncan may indeed be the one leaving the show in a few episodes... perhaps he must run away with the baby to escape Meg's parent... oh wait... wasn't that done on OTH??? [/SPOILER]

Originally posted by sunshine89
        i havnt watched the ep cause i wont be able to see it anytime soon so i read what everyone wrote ... neways .. is it just me or is it that the weekly mysteries are getting dry and borring.
        like last weeks episode abt the whole baby thing was kinda blah ... not horrible but the way she figures things out that are so obvious is just getting to me now, although it was kinda cool how the deaf lady was trina's mum, but still.
        I don't think the way she solves this mystery is at all predictable... you kinda could guess the overall outcome but not the reasoning behind it. The stolen tapes mystery was a little more predictable... why else would Leo suddenly reappear???

However, I watch this show more for the character development and thematic undertones then for the mystery. And when I'm looking mystery, I'm more concerned with how they handle the over-arching mysteries, then the mysteries of the week. Yes... the MOW should be well done... but it doesn't need to blow my mind. And remember every MOW somehow plays into or provides clues into the overarching mystery...
        Last edited by yellowqueen22; 12-08-2005, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Worst episode???? Worse than "Girl Next Door"?
          Good point.

Comment

from now on, after it airs no more spoiler tags for me...besides they can sometimes become... irrating to use

overall I painfully have to say this episode didn't impress me much, but somehow Wallaces return at the end was what kept me from bad mouthing this episode

Comment

It's true... the end made me so happy that I forgot the rest of the flaws. Yeah for the return of Wallace. And I'm so glad he wasn't all broody... but was happy to see Veronica.

Comment

Even though this was not the greatest episode, there were some things that made me forget its flaws too.

1. Of course, Wallace is back! I was just so happy. : )
                2. Did anybody catch Logan mentioning Daria? Wow, that was a hilarious show. I wish it was still on TV though.
                3. A Street Car Named Desire...strange movie, but was pretty good. Marlon Brando in his younger days....yum. I really liked Logan saying, "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers." (I hope that's the right quotation!)

And I hope someone didn't mention these already (well, except for the Wallace part).

Edit: 4. Forgot to mention one little thing: This episode was clearly a homage to 12 Angry Men. I never saw the original, but the remake was alright. Sort of boring, but Jack Lemmon was uber cool.
                Last edited by someonespecial; 12-08-2005, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I was kind of disappointed with Meg dying. There was a lot they could have done with her and it was predictable since she was killed in the alternate scene last week.. I'd rather her live and not the baby.

Loved the ending though.

Comment

I agree about Meg's death... but they needed her out of the way. Please don't let the baby become a regular fixture on the show!!!! LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vmars_stalker
                      wow...tonights episode was GREAT!

all i'll say is everything I wanted to happen happened =)

I guess we're the only one's that feel that way!

Comment

Hey!!!! I really liked the episode too!!!

Comment

I agree that Meg's death was a little anti-climatic. She was the only survivor of the bus crash and they should have done something with that plot. And total minutes of screen time for Meg did not do her character justice.

But there was a bit of foreshadowing when Meg told Veronica to take care of her baby if anything happened to her. And perhaps the baby assignment was more foreshadowing. Curiouser and curiouser.

Comment

I'm glad Wallace was back... but the midnight visitor was predictable(if i thought what was going to happen happened, then it's predictable because I'm not good at guessing with this show) but he looked good and not upset or anything

[SPOILER]YQ i don't think Duncan will run off with the baby.. because V promised to take care of the baby, but of course Duncan wouldn't want his baby to get to Meg's evil parents... so it's possible that he will take the baby and leave.. but that theory has been talked about in other threads, so I hope the writers can think of something really unexpected..I really wish Duncan wasn't going but i honestly think he is[/SPOILER]

and thanks again YQ for the help with the spoiler tags

Comment

No problem...

I agree that a lot of the character stuff in this episode was predictable... Duncan being the father, Meg dying, Leo stealing the tapes, Logan buying the tapes, Wallace showing up... but for the most part they were the things that needed to happen and they did them well or at least ok in most cases. But certainly the Duncan/Meg storyline has been incredibly predictable this season... I'm just waiting for the shoe to drop... please tell me the shoe is going to drop sometime soon.

Comment

I like your new avi YQ!

All the Lamb stuff was weird.... Well i have to watch the episode over again to see the parts that kind of confuse me, so I will talk about those when i re-watch it. Since Meg was needed to solve the mystery, she dies of course...... to make it harder for Veronica to solve it

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎