Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recycling the actors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is cool. And it gives us something to do... a game called "Where have I seen this person?"

Comment

I know that in one of the season 4 commentaries, Erica Durance mentioned that the guy who played a hospital worker in Crusade (whom she talked to in the hospital at the beginning when signing Clark in) was the same guy who played an army guard in Commencement, the season 4 finale. That was the only recylce actors I knew of.

Comment

I noticed that they recycle actors a lot. Like Dawn's boyfriend in Spirit. He was the guy that turned into an old man in that episode with the life sucking cheerleader

Comment

Did anybody catch that the actor who played Alden, Lex's old classmate (who died first in Season 6, Episode 5 "Reunion") is also the same actor who played the pizza delivery guy who is bitten to death by the vampire Tri Psi sorors of the Season 5, Episode 5 "Thirst"?

I could tell that pointy nose anywhere!

Comment

Yes, i'm replying to messages sent six years ago. I've been busy!

Using the same actor in different roles in the same show is common. Producers like using actors who do a good job for them. Many, if not most, shows use almost an ensemble each week in background scenes. For instance, the same folks mulling around the Talon also are in the halls of Smallville High, Met U, the streets of Smallville and the streets of Metropolis.

Comment

Right now I'm watching Shattered and just noticed that Gordon Godfrey is a security guard at the mansion.

Comment

I noticed that as well. Like the black guy Lex hired in season 5 to assure himself of winning the election, he was one of Zod's lead followers in season 9. And the guy who played Ric Flag in season 10, was the guy who trained Lana [flashback scenes in episode 13 of season 8]

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
                  I noticed that as well. Like the black guy Lex hired in season 5 to assure himself of winning the election, he was one of Zod's lead followers in season 9. And the guy who played Ric Flag in season 10, was the guy who trained Lana [flashback scenes in episode 13 of season 8]
                  If I had to guess there was at least 25 guys and it could be as high as 50 recycled actors and that's in talking roles(I am not counting stand ins like Evangeline Lilly who was in 3 episodes). The one that stands out most to me is the guy who played George on the show V

Known for: The Day the Earth Stood Still, Cruel & Unusual, Rise of the Planet of the Apes

He appeared in 3 different Smallville episodes as 3 different people(I actually think he was in a 4th in a non talking roll as well but I can't see any proof that episode exists(I think he was in a scene at the luthor mansion where somebody barges in and stops a meeting Lex is having with business people, but i could be wrong))
                  Last edited by Supsfan; 12-26-2012, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎