Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lana Hospital Scene

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. The "From the first moment I saw you" line is a problem. Either the writers are assuming we haven't been watching the show from the very beginning, or they're showing Lana as, well... I don't want to say dishonest. I think she got carried away with the moment and the emotion. Maybe she really believed it herself.
    Last edited by Watching Smallville; 11-02-2005, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Very well said. I second that.

Comment

i liked the scene where clark dies with Jor-El-Loinel waking himself up and the music made it seem like the Death was final.

Comment

Originally posted by margroks
          But her speech said, form the first moment I saw you (which was early on in Kindergarten or even before possibly and we know she never had anything much to do with him at all until freshman year in high school so her speech wasn't true by a long shot.) I knew you could make me happy. While there are varying levels of self absorption, Lana has always been shown to be at pretty much maximum levels. Her admission to Clark about why she stayed with Whitney (because he makes me feel safe) even after she knew what he'd done to Clark said it all right from the start. Lana comes first and her concern for abandonement is overpowering. When people die, it's first and foremost about them leaving her even if they couldn't help it. It's all about her happiness and her abandonment. Other people always come second.
          in "crisis", lana went with adam in order to save chloe and mr. kent knowing that in all likelihood she would die because of that choice. in "ageless", she offers up her bone marrow without a moments hesitation. in "accelerate", lana lamented her failure to save her friend and said she would trade her own life if it would have brought her friend back. lana stayed with whitney because he needed her when his dad was sick and after he died. just because someone uses the word "me" doesn't automatically make the self-absorbed.

also, we never saw the moment when lana and clark met, so no one can say for sure whether what lana says is true or not. but we do know that they have known each other, though not closely, for many years and that clark has been performing heroics since he was at least in third grade. i can imagine many ways in which lana's statements are completely true, so even though their are blanks in the story simply because the writers cannot show us everything doesn't make lana into a liar.

Comment

I still laugh at that stupid retcon. In the "Pilot" Clark and Lana know of each other, they didn't know each other. His best friends were Pete & Chloe and they also didn't know Lana. His parents didn't know Lana. They were strangers. Lana didn't think about him or had feelings for him, because she didn't know him at all. She knew his name and knew the Kent's were his parents, but that's it. Clark calming to have loved her since age five is also crap. When the two of them are making out and talking in the Loft is also crap. But "crap" went with Clana like ice cream and cake.
            Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 01-29-2012, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simba_Muffy
              I still laugh at that stupid retcon. In the "Pilot" Clark and Lana know of each other, they didn't know each other. His best friends were Pete & Chloe and they also didn't know Lana. His parents didn't know Lana. They were strangers. Lana didn't think about him or had feelings for him, because she didn't know him at all. She knew his name and knew the Kent's were his parents, but that's it. Clark calming to have loved her since age five is also crap. When the two of them are making out and talking in the Loft is also crap. But "crap" went with Clana like ice cream and cake.
              I have to agree Hidden had some of the most "what the hell" lines

When Clark first said that he loved Lana since he was 7(although per show canon they never really talked till he was 14) I couldn't help but laugh since that means for 7 years of Clark's life he "loved" somebody he really hasn't talked to and only admired from a far. Lana's I always knew you would make me happy when I first saw you also was so cringe worthy in the sense given the show's history Lana must have saw him before they actually formed a verbal relationship where they talk with eachother, which begs the question why would she not set out to make a relationship with Clark if she knew he would make her happy as early as Kindergarten.

To this day I wonder if the writers were that clueless to how incredibly superficial both lines sounded. Did they basically do it on purpose because they easily could have choose different words to convey the same points in both cases that would make more sense? I honestly believe given the show's history that the writers many times such as this do go out of there way to choose their words carefully for the characters to say in order to try create a discussion amongst the fanbase where they can fanwank it however they want.
              Last edited by Supsfan; 01-29-2012, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                I have to agree Hidden had some of the most "what the hell" lines

When Clark first said that he loved Lana since he was 7(although per show canon they never really talked till he was 14) I couldn't help but laugh since that means for 7 years of Clark's life he "loved" somebody he really hasn't talked to and only admired from a far. Lana's I always knew you would make me happy when I first saw you also was so cringe worthy in the sense given the show's history Lana must have saw him before they actually formed a verbal relationship where they talk with eachother, which begs the question why would she not set out to make a relationship with Clark if she knew he would make her happy as early as Kindergarten.

To this day I wonder if the writers were that clueless to how incredibly superficial both lines sounded. Did they basically do it on purpose because they easily could have choose different words to convey the same points in both cases that would make more sense? I honestly believe given the show's history that the writers many times such as this do go out of there way to choose their words carefully for the characters to say in order to try create a discussion amongst the fanbase where they can fanwank it however they want.
                SV writers didn't even care about continuity or logic.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎