No announcement yet.

Lilly Kane

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilly Kane

What did everyone think of this character?

Personally, what I've seen thus far I've loved her both living and dead. Being both in V's memories and actively appearing as ghost to Duncan and all.

I know just about everyone on this board has seen the entire season through unlike myself. So spill.
    Last edited by NewAgeJesus; 01-28-2006, 01:39 AM.

How much have you seen?

Comment

I'm still early in the show, but feel free. I'm going to catch up either way -- spoilers aren't really an issue for me. As for the others, I don't know.

Comment

Hmm, I really need to watch it all again, cause im beginning to forget stuff - i'll watch them before the new season starts.

I liked the character of Lilly Kane, but I don't think i'll miss her in the second season. She did appear in a lot of episodes, but most of it was just flashbacks.. The one appearance that stood out, for me at least...

Veronica was at the Kanes house, for a dinner they held for a group of kids that were in the running for a grant, for Uni. Anyways, you saw Lilly run past, and then through the glass door, out to the pool. Veronica went out, and Lilly was lying on the sun lounger.

I liked how they used the character, but I just can't remember stuff just now...

Im sure other people will be able to tell you more stuff (or just stuff)...

Im tired... been up too long.

Comment

I loved Lilly Kane... she was a great character. But I think that the grown up and hardened Veronica wouldn't like Lilly as much as she did. A lot of Veronica's love for Lily seems to be based on childhood loyalty and looking up to Lily. Lily was everything Veronica wasn't in her flashbacks. I think Lily's death taught Veronica how to be truer to herself and to embrace some of the traits that made Lily so fabulous (see episode 1.4 and the red satin dress).

Lilly is fun, wild, and charismatic... but she is also cold, selfish, and constantly striving to be the center of attention. The flashbacks over the season show that she repeatedly hurts those she is supposed to love and often acts in order to get a reaction, instead of based on who she really is.

All that being said... I will likely miss her character this season... and her goodbye to Veronica was great. I hope that we learn more about Lily... especially with some of the things left unanswered (won't mention them since you haven't finished watching the season).

Comment

Lily

Since there are threads about different characters, why not make one about the girl who was murdered?

Lily was soo boy crazy.. i dont see how her and veronica got along so well, because they are opposites kind of..
            i think it was mean how she used weevil to make her parents angry(i assume).. when weevil actually loved her... but shes funny and crazy and i like her a lot(i like the actress who plays her... hah she was in mean girls, she was the dumb plastic)
            and i cant believe she would hook up with her boyfriends father...

so what do you think about lily's actions

Comment

i think lily was extremely reckless. she didnt really think, she just acted. i enjoy watching the flashbacks about her. she's a really great character who is well portrayed

Comment

yeah thats what so fun about her, how she doesn't think.... i hope we see her in season 2, though i doubt it

Comment

Veronica was a very different person in her flashbacks... she was a sweet innocent nice girl who followed the popular people. Also she had been friends with Lilly since childhood and although Lilly seemed reckless with all her other relationships, she never seemed to be reckless with Duncan or Veronica.

The flashbacks more than anything shine Veronica, Duncan & Logan in a good light next to Lilly... the flashbacks also show us how much these characters were influenced by Lilly and what her death did to them.

I think Lilly often brought a breath of fresh life to the show and the characters when they started to get too dark. Lilly was not a good person... but she was a lot of fun.

Comment

yeah veronica has changed she doesnt follow anyone.. she doesnt want to follow anyone, she wants people to follow her...

Comment

yeah... but I wonder how she'll hold up now that she has the option to be the "old Veronica" again. I'm looking forward to Veronica choosing to be the outsider kick-ass girl... instead of it being forced onto her by circumstance.

Comment

i think she might go back to being an 09er.. always a possibility.. but she would be stupid doing that and leaving wallace behind

Comment

I have a prediction for the season and I'm going to put it in a different color in case it comes true...

Not really a spoiler... a prediction... Veronica & Duncan get back together... Veronica tries to make things the way they used to be before Lilly died and Duncan broke up with her.... perhaps ditching Wallace...just as she suggested to Lilly in her dream. But as Lilly said to her "you know how its going to be now" (or something like that). Veronica will realize that she doesn't want her old life... that she liked who she was... she like being a PI, standing up for herself, making her own decisions, being an outsider... that her only true friend was Wallace. Veronica realizes Duncan was her first love... but nothing more. Veronica chooses to be the Veronica of Season 1, instead of it being forced on her. If her and Logan end up together it could only really work out at this point... not sure on the her & Logan plotline. But Logan is certainly more suited to the Veronica of season one, while Duncan is more suited to the Veronica of flashbacks.
                          Last edited by yellowqueen22; 08-28-2005, 04:22 PM.

Comment

thats a good prediction.. i think her and logan will get together, she will realize she loves duncan and get together with him.... after a while she realizes she has to move on and have someone else in her life.. i think she will ditch wallace and realize he was a true friend

Comment

Yeah... you're prediction would also work. I just think it is really important for her to choose her role as "kick-ass girl".

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎