No announcement yet.

A Lifetime of Tomorrows

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iowanmom
    Okay!!! Here goes. Too funny, Cardinal. This is so true to form. Remove all the lies, the secrets, the half truths and you have an open, fun loving, gentle teasing relationship just begging to take flight. Beautiful, Cardinal, beautiful. Absolutely funny. Really, this is great!!!
    **off to read more**
    You know, following 'that girl's lead from BTBR, I came back to this fic to see if I made it here. I remember reading the beginning and the scene where Lana is teasing Clark about the name of his home planet and Jonathan falling, but I continued to read on and I must say nothing else seemed familiar.... I was curious why I'd halted. Then I came upon this:
    Originally posted by Cardinal
    “Why are we meeting Pete? I thought it was going to be just us today,” Lana pouted slightly. At least it’s not Chloe. She couldn’t miss the fact that Clark and I are back together, and she always screws things up between us every time we get close. Well, not this time!

Another thing I’ve just thought of: I found out Clark’s secret before Chloe did! Hah!

I can’t believe myself. With all the things Chloe and her dad have done for me and as close as we have become friend-wise, all it took was one thought of her getting between Clark and me, and I was ready to b*tch slap her into next week.
    I'm sitting here... just stunned. I don't know what to say, Cardinal. I mean it was bound to happen. But because you treat Chloe so well in BTBR, I am floored to read you dissed my girl!!! I am absolutely floored. Well, not you personally, Card, but wow. I don't know what to make of it. Really, I'm not complaining. I just.... am shocked.

To me, those few sentences paint a very nasty Lana, but this is Clana. I guess not all Clana fics can have Chloe in a better light, huh? Don't mind me, I've just been smacked in the face with reality and it stings a bit. I... I... simply don't know what to say. I am shocked.

I mean for me to be putting on my Clana hat, truly enjoying and relishing the Clana on BTBR, and to see my exstatic and very accepting quote above, the few lines from Lana's thoughts have truly left me.....speechless and shaken. Who knew you had it in ya? Not me. But that is the risk of being here where I don't belong. Right?

Anyway, (as I try to shake this depressing and rather painful realization off), I'm going to continue to read because you said I'd enjoy Chloe in this fic, even tho I am weary.

Sorry I seemed to have left it before. I don't know why I did for sure, but I look forward to hopefully seeing in this fic, a Chloe that you have successfully been able to paint for me in the past.

Moving on,
    I liked the trust issue being focused on. Lana indeed has been waiting a long time for Clark to be truthful. Wow, this Lana seems.... I don't know, almost gruff.... jealous, ummm I don't know what else...

I thought Pete finding out about Lana knowing was great. Now he has someone to talk to. When Clark turned and called Lana Dearest, that was a hoot. I laughed. Very funny, the exchange between Clark and Lana. You paint a confused Pete very well.
    I love Pete. Did you know that???
    *will read more soon*
    Last edited by Iowanmom; 07-25-2006, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• To me, Lana and Chloe had, at that time, a barely-beneath-the-surface rivalry going on over Clark.

Chloe always seemed (intentionally or not) to sabotage the Clana moments and Lana was definitely going to try and stop any Chlark near the end of Season 1 in "Crush."

Maybe Lana relished her victory too much, but she did realize she was being rough on Chloe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cardinal
        Of course there's not enough Chlark. If you'll notice, Chloe still hasn't made an appearance in any of my stuff. It seems the only way to give Clana a chance to take root and grow is to kill off the noxious weed. That way, when Chloe comes back, Clana will be firmly entrenched, and will be able to stand up to Chloe the Remora.
        Actually, I forgot to put this quote in my reply, but this is what sent me off on my tangent.... This was the additional shocking reveal that had me replying without thinking. *sigh* It doesn't matter. This was one of your first works.

It seems I need to refamiliarize myself with season 1. I use to watch my DVD's all the time. It is funny how I see things differently. But again, that doesn't matter. I do look forward to reading through this and seeing Chloe through your eyes for the first time.

Comment

• I do seem to remember warning you that this was written for a Clana audience, and no, I've never been a fan of ROMANTIC Chlark, though I DO think TPTB should have fully explored it at the beginning of Season 2 instead of using the ultra-lame "just friends" line.

I DO blame the way TPTB used Chloe for the killing off of Pete. She kept getting more and more of the 'friends' bits that should have gone to Pete, the best friend. Once that happened, there was nothing for Pete to do.

Comment

• I loved it, Cardinal! Bringing Bruce in was a stroke of genius. And killing Lionel off was definetly not something I was expected. I'll read the Odds & Ends thread at some point but my life is getting busy so it might not be right away.

Great story!

Comment

• great story!!

Comment

• Great fic!

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎