At Last!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

aww!!!very sweet update!!!PPMS!!!

Comment

'Yummy Clana goodness'...is that one of the four main food groups? You know, along with chocolate, pizza, and Twizzlers.
      Last edited by Cardinal; 12-30-2005, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Part of a balanced diet!

Comment

Chapter 5: The Green Monster

Reclaiming her spot on the sofa, Lana said, “Now back to your story. How’d you survive the truck explosion? I don’t think we can chalk that up to strength or speed, can we?”

“Nope, that brings us to ability number three, invulnerability. I’m impervious to almost anything. I’ve been shot several times, had things dropped on me, etcetera, with no problem. That ability I first learned the day that Lex ran into me with his car on the bridge. I survived without any damage and had to pull Lex from his car to boot.”

“So Van McNulty was right! You are bulletproof. If you’re bulletproof, though, why did you wear that lead vest when you came to save me at school? Was it just to fool me?”

“No, Lana, I needed that protection ‘cause Van had discovered my one physical weak spot. I’m deathly allergic to green meteor rocks. That’s what incapacitated me when I found Dad and Roger Nixon. Brief exposure brings discomfort and I lose my abilities until I get away from the stuff. With increasing amounts of exposure I suffer increasing amounts of pain. Eventually, exposure to a large enough amount of green meteor rock for a long enough time would kill me. If you’ll remember, the bullets that Van shot at me in school were made of green meteor rock. Lead is the one substance that protects me from green meteor rocks. Had I gone in unprotected, I would be dead.”

“Green meteor rocks…my necklace! That…would that explain why you always became clumsy and looked like you were, well, umm, constipated anytime you got near me when we were little?”

“And not so little, I remember falling at your feet, literally, not romantically, on the first day of high school. You smiled, helped me with my books, and chatted lightly with me until Whitney showed up. All the while, I wanted nothing more than to puke all over you…and feared nothing more than the possibility that I might.

“When Whitney and friends strung me up as the 2001 edition of the scarecrow, the only reason that he succeeded was that he hung your necklace around my neck. Lex found me in the field and got me down. I got revenge on Whitney, though. I went to the dance after Lex helped me and stacked Whitney’s truck on top of those of his two closest buddies. His expression when he saw the truck triple-decker was sweet!”

“That was you? I thought I saw you in the background, but it didn’t make sense so I dismissed it as just a figment of my imagination.”

“Anyway, when Lex saved me, he must have discovered the necklace, since he later returned it to me to give to you. The funny thing about that is, when Lex gave the necklace to me, he put it in a decorative box made of lead, not knowing about its protective properties. Heck, I didn’t even know that until I found out what the box was made of.”

“That would explain how Lex knew about Whitney.” Lana whispered to herself.

“Yeah, that’s how Lex found out, since I wouldn’t tell him anything.”

“Huh, what are you talking about?”

“What you said, that Lex learned about Whitney’s involvement in my scarecrow experience through your necklace.”

“But Clark, I only whispered that to myself, if I could barely hear it, how could you hear anything?”

“Ability number four: super-hearing.”

“That’s gonna make it tough to keep secrets from you, Mr. Kent.”

“I only use it when I want. Like strength and speed, I can turn this one on or off; to head off your next question that’s technically the newest of my abilities. I only came up with this ability this year when I temporarily went blind. Apparently as a compensation for my lost sight.

“Finally, to finish off my Ripley’s catalog of abilities I have two forms of x-ray vision and I also have heat vision.

"The x-ray vision I got the day that Tina Greer robbed the bank. It was what allowed me to see her skeleton and tell that she’d been affected by the meteor rocks. That form of x-ray vision allows me to see through things like a hospital x-ray. It also allowed me to find you when Tina had put you in that mausoleum.

“The second form of x-ray vision allows me to see through solid objects as if they weren’t there. I don’t think I’m gonna tell you when I got that ability,” said an embarrassed Clark.

“Oh come on, Clark, full disclosure,” Lana chided.

“Okay, you asked for it! It was in gym class. The girls class had just headed into the locker room to change and the guys were on the climbing ropes. You were so cute that day in your red t-shirt and yellow shorts. I can’t believe I still remember that. Anyway, I was on top of the rope when suddenly I could see through Pete’s skin. His muscles looked just like a diagram from a biology textbook. I was so startled that I fell off the rope and hit my head on the ground. When I sat up, I was facing the girls’ locker room and could see straight through the wall. All the girls were in their underwear getting dressed when, who should walk up the aisle, newly showered and wearing nothing but a little, white towel…”

“Okay, Clark, I get the picture,” Lana said hastily, staring at her toes and wondering if she’d be able to look up again any time soon. “I think I’ll take some of that lemonade now, if you don’t mind.” Anything to change the subject.

As Clark poured the lemonade he continued, “It didn’t get really interesting until you turned around and dropped the towel!”

“CLARK KENT!!! How could you say that?”

“Easily. First, it’s the truth and I know you’re tired of me lying to you. Second, you were the one wanting full disclosure, remember. Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it. Anyway, all I know is I smiled like a circus clown the rest of the school day.

“Don’t worry, Lana, heat vision will even the score in the embarrassment department.”

“Really,” she mumbled, still staring at her toes, “I don’t see how.”

“On the other hand, I haven’t told you your secret yet.”

“My secret? Clark, almost by definition, my secret is something I know that you don’t.”

“Yeah, well, this secret is something I know that you don’t remember.”

“Which is…?”

“Just one word…Nicodemus.”

Comments always welcome!
          Last edited by Cardinal; 12-30-2005, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal

“Green meteor rocks…my necklace! That…would that explain why you always became clumsy and looked like you were, well, umm, constipated anytime you got near me when we were little?”

All the while, I wanted nothing more than to puke all over you…and feared nothing more than the possibility that I might.
            Ha Ha Ha!

Wow...

Great update. I always wished Lana remembered what she did while on Nicodemus...now she will!

Comment

Oh yeah Nicodemus!!! Keep posting..

Comment

this is a very funny fic. Please continue. SOON!

Comment

nicodemus! awesome!!!this is gonna be interesting! PPMS!!!

Comment

Help Wanted

Until I added those last five lines to my most recent update, I had the next update completed. Now, with Nicodemus added, I don't know whether to jump right in with that, add it after the heat vision, or have Lana get sleepy so that Clark puts "her secret" off until the next day.

If you've got ideas, let me know.
                    Last edited by Cardinal; 12-30-2005, 11:59 PM.

Comment

jump right in with it! then you can continue with the rest....

Comment

This is just for binkys711.

Chapter 6: Nicodemus

“Oh, here’s your lemonade.”

“Thanks.”

“So which do you want first, the rest of my secret, or your secret? My embarrassment, or yours, hmm?”

Sipping on her drink to give herself time to think, Lana finally said, “Since I’m already as embarrassed as I can get, and since you claim that the rest of your secret is embarrassing for you… I’ll take my secret first, if you please. Though, umm, if I remember right, you told me on top of Chandler’s windmill that I didn’t do anything embarrassing to you.”

“Not exactly. What you asked me was, ‘I didn’t say or do anything embarrassing to you that I should know about…did I?’ I answered, ‘No.’ That didn’t mean you hadn’t done anything to me, just that I decided you didn’t need to know.

“Now as to what happened...let’s see. Oh yeah, I was sitting at a desk in the Torch office. I couldn’t stand going to class ‘cause I was eaten up with worry over my dad’s condition. Adrift in my own little world, a voice cut through the fog, asking me if I was gonna go to class. I turned around, only vaguely cognizant that it was you, and stopped dead. The conservative, pastel princess was wearing a black, floral-print tank top, black miniskirt with matching wide leather belt, and knee-high black leather boots. I didn’t know that you owned any of that stuff, but to see it all together, on you… the mind boggles. I told you on the windmill that I ‘kind of liked’ what you wore that day. Oh, man, am I a master of understatement. I still can’t adequately describe what you did to me just standing there, leaning on the door frame.

“The strange part was that you had this look on your face like you really wanted me to like the outfit and wasn’t sure how I’d react. I didn’t think about that until later, much later. Once you saw the deer-in-the-headlights look, you strolled into the Torch, pirouetted once as you walked across my field of view, and planted yourself into the chair next to me all while asking if I ‘liked it.’”

“That’s not too bad, Clark.,” Lana said with a perplexed frown on her face. “So I was dressed a little bit aggressively. Compared to what I did to Whitney and Lex, that was nothing.”

“This is all just the prelude, Lana.

“You then told me that you knew things were rough but that I couldn’t let them get me down. You said the key was to keep my mind off it, let my friends be my friends, and to let them distract me. You topped it off by asking me to trust my friends. After telling you that I did trust you, you got up, grabbed my hand, and led me from the Torch all the way to the swimming pool.”

“Oh no, I remember you serving a Saturday detention for swimming during school, but…not me, I mean I couldn’t have. Chloe said Kwan found you in the pool fully dressed and I’m pretty sure none of those leather goods showed any water damage.”

“Who said you were wearing anything in the pool?”

“Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! Naked? Please say not naked! I think I’ll die if you say naked!”

“Well…I don’t know how to break this to you, but…and what a butt…“, Slap! “OW! Quit hitting me!”

“Oh be quiet, you big, invulnerable baby. That’s just a friendly reminder to stick to the story…no embellishments.”

“O-kay. Where was I…oh yeah, what a butt!” While holding up his arms to ward off another blow, he continued, “You weren’t naked, but you did strip down to a particularly sexy burgundy-colored, lace bra and panty set.

"You know, Lana, right now your face is just about the same color as your underwear was that day!

“Oh right, I’m supposed to stick to the story. Well, If my heart had stopped earlier at the Torch, it was now racing along at a full gallop. After you jumped into the pool, you tried to entice me to join you. The only reason I didn’t was because by this time I had noticed your behavior was kinda like my dad’s before he collapsed.

Lana giggled, “You mean he was hitting on you while wearing women’s underwear? How…risqué!”

Smiling, with the image of his dad in lacy underwear temporarily overriding his memory of alpha-Lana, Clark continued, “Having failed to get me in the pool, you climbed out right in front of me, looking like some ancient goddess of lust, and told me point-blank that you knew I wanted you and that I should ‘just stop holding back.’ Then…the makeout session started. That was our first kiss, and it was a good one. Too bad you don’t remember. When I tried to pull out of the kiss, I lost my balance, and you pushed me into the pool. That’s when Kwan rattled the doors. You picked up your clothes and ran out the back, leaving me to face Kwan by myself.”

“I think I’m gonna die anyway, Clark. Naked or not. At least that’s over with!”

“Not yet…there’s a little bit more!”

“No way…the only thing left is…we didn’t…we couldn’t have!”

“What? Oh, wait…you mean sex… umm, no we didn’t. What did happen was when you stole Lex’s Porsche, I followed you to the windmill in Chandler’s field. When I found you there, you confronted me saying, ‘I see the way you look at me. Why don’t you tell me how you feel?’ And then, ‘Don’t avoid the question, Clark. Are you in love with me?’ So, even back then I knew that you were interested in me and that you knew I wanted you. I still couldn’t do anything about it.

“Lana, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about my feelings. I’m sorry I made you wait so long. It should have been us at the spring dance.”

Comments always welcome!
                        Last edited by Cardinal; 06-17-2006, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Really great update! I really enjoy this story it has a certain playful feeling to it really great! PPMS!!

Comment

Definatly...love the fun side to the secret. I wonder if Lana still has that bra and panty set?

Comment

Great!! PPMS

Comment

awesome update!!! please keep em coming!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎