Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay shall we get back to topic?

Comment

• Originally posted by Summers
      Because he's Ewan, and that's one example.

I just think its not fair to generalize American actors. Some actors are better than others.
      Like Merle Streep. She was the queen of accents.

Comment

• Trainspotting traumatised me.

Comment

• Originally posted by VersesBatman
          Like Merle Streep. She was the queen of accents.
          Exactly. No matter what country your in or from some actors will do a better accent than others. Just like acting in general. I mean there is no way a person can be 100% of that particular accent. They can become close, but never a 100%. That's asking for an impossible task.

Comment

• Sometimes an actor will not do an accent if it's too hard. Clark Gable didn't do a southern accent because he couldn't pull it off. But no one really cared.

However when Kevin Costner spoke like a midwestern farmer in Robin Hood, it stuck out like a sore thumb.

Comment

Sometimes an actor will not do an accent if it's too hard. Clark Gable didn't do a southern accent because he couldn't pull it off. But no one really cared.

However when Kevin Costner spoke like a midwestern farmer in Robin Hood, it stuck out like a sore thumb.
              Sums it up. I think KK movie has to be worried about more if it will be accepted by the general audience.

Comment

• Someone brought the fact of her appearance. Whether or not she should play a Pakistani.

Comment

• That will bring up some eyebrows since she looks Asian, and the role calls for a Pakistani. I'm surprised they didnt try to get the girl from Bend It Like Beckham.

Comment

• Is she still acting? I haven't seen her in anything else since BILB.

Comment

• She's a regular on ER.

I thought she'd be a better fit myself.

Comment

• Huh I didn't know that.

Comment

She's a regular on ER.

I thought she'd be a better fit myself.
                          Me too, and she is the time hiatus as Smallville is as well. All one hour dramas start and end filming on the same time roughly.

Personally, I would've gone with her.

Comment

• Neela?

Comment

• Yeah, her.

Originally posted by Summers
                              Me too, and she is the time hiatus as Smallville is as well. All one hour dramas start and end filming on the same time roughly.

Personally, I would've gone with her.
                              If they could find a whole cast if Indian characters than I think they can find someone to play a Pakistani.

Comment

• Did anyone else think that "Trainspotting" was traumatising?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎