Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raindrops

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is truly wonderful to receive such heartfelt responses on such a powerful subject. To those of you I invited to read this fiction, I thank you so much for displaying your feelings. I hope that Stacey will see all the love and support everyone is showing her and that in some small way she will feel comforted in her time of loss. To those of you who took the time to read this fiction without invitation, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

As always Stacey, in friendship, we are all here for you.

Comment

Now thats what I call a masterpiece.

Comment

That was beautifully written.....wow!i lost someone close to me also, not to long ago....my cousin(28yrs old)....she was preagnant with a baby boy, she died of a sickness called sepsis....nobody knew she had it 'till it was too late.....but i have learned that life is a gift and you must treasure it....cause you never know when it's over....live it to the maximum while ya can.....call me crazy....but smallville is kinda of like my refugee from the world....it's helped me get through some tough times in a wierd way....

your story was beautifully written.....it is amazing and extremely hartfelt....you are a very good writer

Comment

I am feeling comfort, Chelly. Thank you so much for this piece of work. It really helps in a way to feel the love by all of you. I appreciate it very much. Our funeral director is luckily a family member so that makes this whole ordeal a bit easier knowing that my mom's body will be taken care of and respected. Once again, Chelly, beautiful and heart-touching story. ~Stacey~

Comment

Thanks, Chelly, for asking me to read this fic. It was, as others have already stated, just beautiful. The deep sadness and loss that you make me feel along with Clark/Superman makes me wonder the amount of "strength" it took for him to tap on Lois' window at all (or, I guess, it was his lack of strength...). We all need support in these times, Stacey, I'm praying for you and your family as I type this and as I move about today. I have not yet lost my mother, but the void that this loss would produce would take a long time to get used to, never to be filled. I am glad knowing that I will see all my loved ones once again.

Once again, Chelly, thanks. Your ability to make me see everything (the wind whipping his cape), feel everything (she squeezed him only once showing her support of him in this grief, his screams once up in the sky, etc.). I cry for Clark, I cry for Stacey.

Beth

Comment

i dont know what to say, im an army brat, similar to Lois Lane, and it takes alot to make me cry, and wow, the fact you made me cry i hope you take as a huge compliment, because it really does take alot. I just lost 2 of my big brothers best friends to a car accident, they were also like my big brothers, and that storie was amazing. I truely didn't know someones writting could get that powerful but wow. All i can say if wow, and if you ever write out and try to go some where with your writting, you will go far, very far my friend. That was AMAZING. Im blown away, literly.

Stacey, we love you, and you are in our thoughts. I'm sure i speak for everyone when i say that. Were so sorry for your loss.
              Once again Chelly, im still in awe of amazment...
              Last edited by Mals; 07-11-2005, 04:11 PM.

Comment

First off, let me apologize that it took me a while to get here and read this extraordinary piece. Chelly, this story is so poignant, and beautiful. Your choice to play off the metaphor of raindrops and teardrops works incredibly. As I 'stepped into' this fic (which I say because that's truly how I feel when I read your words; as though I've stepped into the world you've created) I literally could hear the crashes of thunder, and feel the rain falling upon my cheeks and shoulders. I felt enraptured into the whirlwind of emotions that Clark and Lois were feeling in this very real moment of life. The theme of a "super-man" still being able to feel pain is a theme I will never tire of, and you are a master at exploring that idea.

If I were Stacey your gift of words would be something I would treasure always. Many times when we're experiencing something that feels as though the sun will never shine for us again, it simply helps to know that there are others who have gone through the same thing, and have lived to tell the tale. Although Clark and Lois are fictional characters, it still can be comforting to see them endure hardships, and somehow make it through the storm. I personally gain strength in that idea, and your story, I'm sure helped greatly to comfort your friend.

Beautiful work. You should be very proud.
                Last edited by ferd; 07-11-2005, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Believe me, Ferd - I do treasure Chelly's words. More than you'll ever know. We've talked on personal times, and she has helped me through everything. I cherish the friendship we have created throughout this site. Chelly, on Wednesday, even though you won't be there - You'll be there in my heart. Your wisdom and kindness... Thanks everybody, for the the kind words you've given me. ~Stacey~

Comment

I've read it! (At last!)

I'll come back (too late now for coherency)

Stacey, we all love you!!!

Comment

I didn’t know you could write poetry.

This ficlet is poetry of the most amazing kind.

Defeat and despair counterbalanced by love and support.

Infinite sadness battled by the certainty of understanding and comfort.

Raindrops of grief cleansing the soul.

Beautiful!

Poignant, touching little piece of pure poetry. Love moved your hand and every word is loaded with it. You give so much meaning to every line… Friendship and concern soak this valuable testimony of heartfelt emotions and outstanding talent.

On behalf of our grieving friend and of your readers, thank you for delivering this magnificent work. The artist, the true friend and the woman have found their common voice here.

Comment

Amazingly beautiful

Comment

Stunningly beautiful.

Comment

wow

Comment

That was beautiful *sniffling*

Comment

yeah this is awesome writing

Comment

Working...