No announcement yet.

Global Monitoring

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Monitoring

There at least seems to be a bit of lurking going on here even if no commenting, so I'm going to post what GF links I run into.

No doubt a lot will ending up pointing back to Kung Fu Monkey and warrenellis.com , but here goes:

First up an ARS Technica article on the leaking of the GF pilot. The content is very similar to Michael Grebb's Wired article which we've probably all read by now.

A few from Mr. Ellis' site:
    An animated gif of the GF phone and a post about GF appearing in today's London Metro. Also the Londonist's interview with Warren about Desolation Jones which mentions the leaked GF pilot. The Londonist piece also contains a link to another article by the same author discussing Warren's reaction to the show being leaked (or at least to the emails he subsequently recieved).

There was some interesting stuff over at Space Cast, but I understand that linking to other boards is a no-no here.

If anyone spots other stuff and you're feeling helpfully stick it here.

*holds his breath, waiting for responses*

And of course it wouldn't hurt to keep and eye on technorati for those who tag their blogs.

Comment

Go for it, with linking to a Space Cast board... I'd be curious as to what else gets out there

Comment

I have created some ringtones On: http://www.rachaelandtom.info/journa...y&uid=3&id=225

Comment

well if the site Admin says that it's okay...

Here's the original Space Cast link.

The music wasn't in there, there
          was a placeholder ringtone (if we'd gotten the go-ahead,
          we were going to commission a musician to devise the
          GF ringtone. I was holding out for The Aphex Twin),
          etc etc. It's not, to me, the real thing.
          From Warren Ellis' Bad Signal list.

Good job on the ringtones Tom, the 'placeholder' is fast becoming very well know. Now if we could just get Sony or Moto to do a replica video phone...

A scan on flickr of the London Metro article.
          Last edited by Tic-Tac-Taz; 07-06-2005, 02:30 AM.

Comment

I've been wanting to see that article for a while now - very good I noticed they used the cast shot that I posted on Frequencysite a few weeks ago, which implies they've been here... that image is no longer archived on any Warner Bros. server as far as I know. Cool!

Comment

Yup, I noticed that too. The text also seemed vaguely familiar after reading the Wired article ... they have a little bit of a rep here in London (perhaps unfairly) for moving around the text from press-releases and other articles, then doing a bit of a cut 'n' paste job.

Still it's a free paper (with a huge readership of communters) and they covered GF, so I'm happy.

btw like the frequency site reboot.

Let's hope for the opportunity to see a few more site revisions over the years to come
              Last edited by Tic-Tac-Taz; 07-06-2005, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tic-Tac-Taz

Good job on the ringtones Tom, the 'placeholder' is fast becoming very well know.
                Thank you !
                I'm trying to find a clearer 'welcome to...' sample to use for the 3rd version, or otherwise clear up the current one (which has some background noise), but don't hold our breath :-)

As a placeholder, it's fantasticly destintive.

Comment

I love the ring tone but can someone convert it to midi?
                  My phone only takes midi files for rings :-(
                  -Joe Kavanagh

Comment

There are WAV to MIDI programs out there, I have no idea how good they might be.
                    Give one a try and let us know :-)

Or wait for me to be bored next week...

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎