No announcement yet.

Season 2 Spoiler? Your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 2 Spoiler? Your opinion?

Veronica Mars (UPN): According to sources close to the show, Veronica's second-season pickup came with a suggestion: that producers try to pull in a broader audience closer in demographics to its new time-slot partner on UPN, America's Next Top Model. To do so, the idea was that Veronica should get a female companion, hopefully with a "name" (rumor has it they tossed around the name Tara Reid--though I choose not to believe that) and, here comes the hard part, that producers scale back two characters close to Veronica (meaning, they won't be in every episode), and write off a third.

Hope you're sitting down. Because sources in the know tell me someone is getting killed off of Veronica Mars six episodes into the new season. And who it is will rip your heart into itty-bitty pieces.

Though I'm tempted to name this dead man walking so you can write in letters to help save this beloved character and actor, I've been promised a slow, torturous death inside a burning refrigerator if I do, for it will spoil a major upcoming plot point. Hmph.

So, I can only issue this plea to the Powers That Be: Please, if at all possible, do your best not to tinker with the core relationships and core identity of this show. Those of us who have followed and adored Veronica Mars from the very beginning know the trick is not in making this show "better" (it's already creative genius) or "more mainstream" (Kristen Bell is as universally likable as chocolate), but in simply getting the word out. Sure, that isn't easy, but we have mouths. We'll help!

The good news? The show's publicist at UPN (who happens to be a good friend who has never steered me wrong before) insists that no final decisions have been made about Veronica's second season. Though some ideas may have been "kicked around," he assures me that there will be no drastic changes and that the integrity and identity of the show will remain intact. Of course, we can only presume that the combined genius of Rob Thomas and Joel Silver will prevail.

In the meantime, if you've never seen Veronica, here's your chance! The full season re-airs this summer, starting with the pilot episode on Tues., June 14 at 9 p.m., and then beginning on June 15, the series moves to Wednesday nights at 9. You must watch. And you must tell everyone you know!

Source: http://www.eonline.com

What are you thinking about this?

The KryptonSite/KSiteTV forums are a place originally created to discuss the WB/CW series Smallville which expanded to cover all kinds of TV, movies, and more!

Comment

Thanks

Sorry, I've not seen the other thread about this theme.

Comment

honest mistake, should it not be future mrs.echolls. Why do you like that idiot? lol

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎