X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La vie en Rose.... best biopic ever!

Comment

• Shakespere in love

Comment

• Yesterday I went and saw Jumper and I absolutely loved it the only probelm was for me it wasn't long enough. After all the previews it doesn't even go for two hours which is surprising considering that it is a sci-fi. Science Fiction usually has so much to explain that it takes like four five minutes dialogues just to explain how the world works.

It was short and easy to understand even if you find it difficult to keep up with sci -fi. Five stars. I recommend that you catch it when you can.

Comment

• Originally posted by genvillewars92
          Shakespere in love
          I have to say...LOVE the avatar And you're right, he IS the best Mr. Darcy.

I just watched "Becoming Jane". I really liked it. I thought Anne Hathaway's portrayal of Jane Austen was very good.

Comment

• 3:10 to Yuma - I give it a 7/10 mostly for the acting. Russell Crowe was great and Christian Bale brought intensity to what could have been a lackluster good-guy role.

Juno - 7/10; The adoption process went by too smoothly. I was also bothered by how easily Juno was able to find good parents. I also don't like the soundtrack. Other than that, good writing and good acting.

Atonement - 5.5/10. Boring. So boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by MidgardDragon
              I rewatched the original Matrix. Holy crap talk about forgetting what an awesome movie that was. I can't believe such a quality movie had such crappy sequels. Ah well, just goes to prove that crappy sequels don't effect the original, as The Matrix is still there and still awesome in spite of said sequels.
              I recently watched that as well...It truly is AWESOME. Just kicks ass! I didnt hate the sequals, they were more entertainment for me rather than sequels I guess

Comment

• Originally posted by Insight
                Midgard... I actually thought the second Matrix was good. The last one just ruined it for me though.
                Agreed, I loved Reloaded. Revolutions was a big step down though, but it had its moments.

Here's a movie NOT to see everyone: Be Kind Rewind. Stay away at all costs, unless you want to hate yourself for the rest of the day, living in regret of the time you'll never get back watching that garbage...lol

Comment

• Just watched Gone Baby Gone - thought it was a really good movie. It does raise a lot of questions though, most of them inner questions I suppose. The movie flowed and just kept going so I would recommend it.

I also watched The Nines - which was a decent movie and not at all what I expected.

Comment

• Horton Hears a Who - 8/10 - A cute movie that is definitely geared towards a younger audience, but is solid and still fun.

You Can Count On Me - 7/10 - Laura Linney and Mark Ruffalo in a moving film that is probably better acted than anything else. Not my kind of movie, but I can see its strengths nonetheless.

Alien vs. Predator 2 - 0/10 - There is literally no reason anyone should watch this ever. There isn't a single redeeming quality about any of its 90 minutes. This film officially ranks up there as one of the worst disasters in motion picture history.

Blue - 5/10 - A French film starring Juliette Binoche. I don't really have anything to say about this film. It's French. Very French. (although now that I think about it, the director might be Polish)

Comment

• Originally posted by Backward Galaxy

Alien vs. Predator 2 - 0/10 - There is literally no reason anyone should watch this ever. There isn't a single redeeming quality about any of its 90 minutes. This film officially ranks up there as one of the worst disasters in motion picture history.
                      I agree, it was the worst movie I have ever seen

Comment

• ^totally disagree. It's definitely no 10 but it's no 0 either.

Way, waaay worse movies have been made, and continue to be made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xanderman
                          ^totally disagree. It's definitely no 10 but it's no 0 either.

Way, waaay worse movies have been made, and continue to be made.
                          I agree. More like a 3 or 2 not a 0. It would have been better with christmas music lol.

Catwoman for example, is an example of a 0 movie for me.

Comment

• I saw the remake of The Hitcher. It was awful. Then I watched the original and it was waaay better than the remake.

Comment

• Ok - I watched

Atonement - which was just a sad, long, dull movie about lost love -
                              Silk - which was just a sad, long, dull movie about lost love

Arrghhhh - ok, maybe SOME people like those kinda movies but I'm not a super fan of them to be honest. Sure, I like love stories as much as the next girl but why do people like to watch movies about love that is lost? I mean the whole point of movies is to escape into another world - why would you want to go to that world? I guess if you have the love of your life already you'd probably just appreciate that person more I guess...... I suppose lol......

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginx
                                Ok - I watched

Atonement - which was just a sad, long, dull movie about lost love -
                                Silk - which was just a sad, long, dull movie about lost love

Arrghhhh - ok, maybe SOME people like those kinda movies but I'm not a super fan of them to be honest. Sure, I like love stories as much as the next girl but why do people like to watch movies about love that is lost? I mean the whole point of movies is to escape into another world - why would you want to go to that world? I guess if you have the love of your life already you'd probably just appreciate that person more I guess...... I suppose lol......
                                Movies aren't always about escaping and it being fun. Sometimes movies are about intense emotions, even the negative ones, and exploring those emotions. Sometimes they're about making a statement. Sometimes they're even about trying to promote real change in society. And sometimes movies are even about being terrified. If it was all about love stories, while love is great, then many great movies wouldn't exist and many movies would be rendered completely boring.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎