No announcement yet.

M*A*S*H

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M*A*S*H

Any M*A*S*H fans around? Who else agrees that only season 1-4 really rocked because:
    the original cast (well, minus Trapper and Colonel Blake in 4 although Frank Ferret Face is still there and I have to admit he started to annoy me)
    it was still very enjoyable - more humour and Hawk dating nurses gave the show a slightly romantic touch
    Alan Alda really changed it dramatically (nearly messed up some things) after he became co-writer or whatever it was... (He's damn right about (the Korean) war being bad but please, the crying soldiers was TOO much for me, I thought the comedy element got lost a bit and it started to turn into a drama)

Ah well, it WAS and will ALWAYS be a great series that probably ruled the seventies. (And how many ladies have to confess they have a crush on Hawkeye - I'm one of them)
    Last edited by Dukegirl; 11-02-2003, 09:01 AM.

I loved M*A*S*H but I really didn't care for the "orginal" seasons -- I didn't like Trapper and I never, ever cared for Frank as the anti-Hawkeye. (I definately liked BJ better as he gave a balance to Hawkeye and I thought Charles was a better antagonist.)

It is one of the very few shows (Quantum Leap & the Pretender being two other notable ones) and probably the only non genre show that I could watch repeatedly and never tire of.

Comment

It's one of my favorite shows, altho I don't have a preference when it comes to cast members. I think they were all great. There was a noticeable change in the show when Alda became more involved. The storylines became more serious and Hawkeye centric. But I love it anyway.

Comment

loved mash. used to watched it with my dad. still remember the goodbye scene between hawkeye and bj.

Comment

Great show.

The original movie was also outstanding, it had a nice mix of raunch and political satire. It's tone was even more irreverent than the show, people viewed it as an anti - Vietnam War statement.

Comment

Well, I think Charles was better than Frank in some ways, and Hawk as the central character is not bad but in my opinion the changes were a bit overdone. War is bad, they cannot say it enough, (I'm serious, it's not meant to sound sarcastic)I think although you should read this article to know what I mean (one thing I don't agree with: I did like the scene in which Hawk and Hot Lips are trapped in a bomb shelter and they kiss).

http://www.thestranger.com/1999-08-12/love_tv.html (the title is a bit overdone, that's NOT my point of view, only the part about MASH after Alan got hold of it.)
            Last edited by Dukegirl; 11-02-2003, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiriru
              I loved M*A*S*H but I really didn't care for the "orginal" seasons -- I didn't like Trapper and I never, ever cared for Frank as the anti-Hawkeye. (I definately liked BJ better as he gave a balance to Hawkeye and I thought Charles was a better antagonist.)

It is one of the very few shows (Quantum Leap & the Pretender being two other notable ones) and probably the only non genre show that I could watch repeatedly and never tire of.
              Yes.. big M*A*S*H fan.. and I agree with Chiriru.. BJ and Charles were alot more fun to watch... And I loved Quantum Leap... It still rocks.. I have it taped.. so I can watch it anytime. It is one of the few shows that have to air each episode in order, even in reruns.. and you know how I love things to be in order...lol..

Comment

See, I didn't mind the heavier 'war is bad.' I thought it was more telling of the time era and I thought it was better and deeper that way. It was still funny but it showed some of the shift in the nation's perspective about was war really worth it.

And yay, Sexy Eyes! I loved how BJ and Hawk tormented Charles. It made it that much more worth it because Frank brought most of his teasing on himself. And I loved the interaction between BJ & Hawk -- totally different yet best friends.

Comment

Love the show! I have the first season box-set.

Comment

I wanna get season one on DVD for Christmas. I never saw the first twenty episodes of the first season... (okay, I didn't see much of the first season...)
                    Best thing Charles ever did out of revenge was putting little snakes into Hawkeyes bed. And the face he (Hawk) pulled when Mj Houlihan gave him a injection with a probably very sharp needle forgot which episode and which season but the big fans out there will know what I mean.

Comment

The best episode is when BJ and Hawkeye are at war with Charles. He won't stop playing his French Horn and they won't shower, so Hot Lips runs over the French Horn with a Jeep.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartski
                        Love the show! I have the first season box-set.
                        Isn't watching them all at once great?! I have the first four seasons. The fifth comes out this winter.

Comment

My favorite was when BJ and Hawkeye took Charles clothing.. and kept replacing them with one size larger.. making Charles think he was loosing weight. So Charles started eating more... and BJ and Hawkeye kepts giveing Charles larger and larger uniforms... then at the end of the show.. they gave him a uniform that belonged to the smallest guy in the camp. LOL.. I never laughed so hard, Charles couldn't button the pants... then Hawkeye asked BJ what was next.. and BJ said.. tomorrow, Charles starts getting taller.

Comment

hahaha i remember that one

Comment

what season was that - I think I never got further than season 8... (and they're still showing episodes, now it's season 10 I think but my studies prevent me from watching although I'll try to tape the very last episode when it'll be on)
                              M*A*S*H is sharing the #1 spot in my top 3 of favourite TV series next to Smallville and The Dukes of Hazzard. I can NEVER choose which one I like best so don't ask, please. They ALL deserve it. I think there will never be another show like M*A*S*H and everytime I see Alan Alda - or another cast member - play a doctor, I get this M*A*S*H feeling or whatever you may call the moment when your heart skips a beat like and a voice in your head says: 'It's Hawkeye/other character! M*A*S*H!'.
                              Anyway, the best fan page about this series I've seen so far can be found at http://www.mash4077.co.uk

I remember the one with the French horn. It was very funny indeed

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎