Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whitney Fordman

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there was, but it was a different football player who said he was gay. As for him sticking around to be clarks rival, i don't think that'd be a good idea, because then it takes the football storyline out, and they ended clark and whitney on good terms/friends.

Comment

Whitney could never look good, he was a right chump!!! Just a fresh boy with no aim in life, so happy they killed him off. Was annoyed when that girl turned into him to get to lana, he must of bin short on cash annd begged to the producers who let him be in another episode so he would have enough money to get another brain cell so he would have a pair!! Sorry really harsh!

Comment

Well, if you always noticed, theres been a common demononator with Lana and Clark. Theres always someone standing in his way. At first it was whitney, then Adam, then Jason, and now Lex. Theres always somebody!

Comment

Yeah, i hate the love triangle storylines in the way of clana, it makes clana worse IMO, i think clana has enough problems on ther own without the cliche of having yet another person in the way.

Comment

And its always on Lanas side. Theres only ever been a few girls that came between clark and lana. >=(

Comment

Not much to say. But as a non comic book character who didn't stay past one season, he was alright.

And considering that potential love interests for Lana (Adam and Jason), tend to go insane and meet with a grim end, Whitney stands out. Granted he was killed off too, but at least he didn't turn evil in the end.

Comment

Hello, all fans of this great TV series. I am new on this website.

It is not an accident that I am writing my first post in this topic. I know that I am probably in minority with this opinion, but I really like the character of Whitney. More precisely, I did not like him at the beginning so much, he was too jealous and a little annoying, but I really like his development during the season, he experienced the hard times in his life, he was able to cope with them and he became a better person. I really like how he reconciled with Clark in the end and apologised to him for his former behaviour. He died as a hero, prepared to sacrifice his life for another man. I really like how his character's story ended. I really wished to see more of him in the TV series, the flashback in S4 was good, but I would still wish more.

I honestly think that Whitney had to be written as someone with no so pleasant personality because of Clana. Would not be much harder to wish Clark to start dating with Lana, if she was with the great guy and she was happy with him? Despite this fact his character turned to good side, some next boyfriends of Lana did not have the same luck (poor Jason).
                Last edited by Whitney Fordman; 10-12-2016, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitney Fordman
                  I honestly think that Whitney had to be written as someone with no so pleasant personality because of Clana.
                  Yeah, you see this a lot in fiction. The girl's boyfriend (alt. the boy's girlfriend) is played up as a jerk, in an apparent attempt to make it more acceptable that this other character (in this case, the show's protagonist) is pursuing her romantically. Otherwise, Clark would've been seen a creep for going after a girl, who already is in a (happy) relationship.

Comment

A thing that I realized a while back.

Over the course of the ten seasons, the main characters were:
                    Clark Kent
                    Lex Luthor
                    Lana Lang
                    Chloe Sullivan
                    Jonathan Kent
                    Martha Kent
                    Lionel Luthor
                    Pete Ross
                    Lois Lane
                    Jason Teague
                    Oliver Queen
                    Tess Mercer
                    Jimmy Olsen
                    Kara
                    Whitney Fordman
                    Davis Bloome
                    Zod

Lionel, Lex and Tess belongs to the Luthor family.

Clark, Martha and Jonathan belongs to the Kent family. Clark was born into the House of El, which Kara belongs to (with Kara then being adopted into the Kent family).

Lois and Chloe are cousins.

Lois marries into the Kent family/House of El, through her marriage to Clark. Chloe Sullivan marries both Jimmy Olsen and Oliver Queen.

Lana Lang married into the Luthor family. The lineage of the Luthors and the Kent family/House of El connects via Connor Kent.

Leaving the Fordmans (Whitney), Rosses (Pete), Teagues (Jason) and the House of Zod (Zod and Davis) as the only four families (among to main characters) to never become linked (be it through marriage, adoption or genetics) to the rest of the main characters families. The closest the Fordmans and the Teagues came were Whitney and Jason dating Lana Lang, but neither married her.

Of course, in the comics, the Fordmans are actually linked to the Kents (through Martha's first marriage to a man named Dan Fordman). But, unless the Kents and the Fordmans of Smallville have a common ancestor (small town, it's possible), they're not linked in this continuity.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎