No announcement yet.

10 Years Since The Smallville Finale

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Years Since The Smallville Finale

It's been 10 years since the final episode(s) of Smallville aired on May 13, 2011... so I have some questions.

What is your favorite Smallville memory?

And on a non-Smallville note, what have you been up to for the past 10 years? Any new fandoms or interests?

I've written a bit about my experience here: http://www.kryptonsite.com/the-end-o...n-years-later/

Comment

I recovered my account back after 11 years!!!!!!!!!!! Incredible , Deb and other friends if they are still here I greetings you all!

The best memory of Smallville is the period when I start to watch it with my father, the Superman heritage that grows up episode after episode and the chemistry with the cast and I'm happy that I see the same thing also now with the various conventions, podcast ecc. and it's always a pleasure to see them together in other different shows

The second question I have not participated in any fandom anymore after the end of my personal forum Michael Rosenbaum Italia, but I have developed even more my interest and passion with history and I create my Wiki and other things but Smallville remain my first and favorite series of all time, and if you want to know I haven't lost yet my infatuation for Kristin Kreuk!

Comment

It’s hard to believe that it has been 10 years. There are so many good memories of Smallville. One that always makes me grin just like Clark is when Bart shows up again in the opening of “Justice”. Any time we got to see Clark, Lois and Jimmy together was great, but hardly ever used. To me Jimmy is still Jimmy and I even started writing my own story to realize that.

I have liked other shows since Smallville but none has had quite the impact of Smallville, even if indirectly. It was thanks to Smallville that I came to these boards. It was the first and only time I have joined a TV show fandom message board.

As I think I mentioned to you in the past, I met my then future wife on these boards. This something I could have never imagined when I signed up for the boards or even when I started watching this show. I’m forever indebted to the show and you, Craig. So I will always hold onto Smallville.

Comment

Hey guys, long time no see! I hope you are all doing amazing

I canÂ’t believe itÂ’s been 10 years already... it feels like 3-4 years ago that I sat down in front of my PC 3 am to watch the finale. I was 14 at the moment but I had been following the show since I first laid my eyes on Lois in the season premiere of season 8. I can thank Smallville for basically raising me and making me feel somewhat at home. I got many internet friends because of the show and I wouldnÂ’t be the person IÂ’m today if it werenÂ’t for dedicating lots of time on it. IÂ’ll cherish this show forever for making me feel not so out of place, for beautiful memories and for always being a safety for me. IÂ’ll always hold on to Smallville because itÂ’ll always feel like home to me.

I watched other shows but none of them affected me the same way, I guess it was my first love and nothing will be quite the same. A lot has happened since I sat down to watch the show but one thing has never changed and itÂ’s the way the show will always be a part of me. I usually pop in here to read old fan fics and IÂ’ll forever be grateful for everyone here. I wish you all the best!

Comment

Damn, has it been that long already? I remember watching the finale with my boyfriend at the time, who had only gotten into Smallville because of me. But he became a big fan of it as a result and was just as invested in the finale like I was lol.

As for new fandoms... lately I've got into the Parahuman series by Wildbow, as well as a dozen new anime series. I've gotten into the Flash and Supergirl series, and now I'm a big fan of the new Lois and Superman series.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
              Damn, has it been that long already? I remember watching the finale with my boyfriend at the time, who had only gotten into Smallville because of me. But he became a big fan of it as a result and was just as invested in the finale like I was lol.

As for new fandoms... lately I've got into the Parahuman series by Wildbow, as well as a dozen new anime series. I've gotten into the Flash and Supergirl series, and now I'm a big fan of the new Lois and Superman series.
              I'm currently rewatching Smallville.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                It's been 10 years since the final episode(s) of Smallville aired on May 13, 2011... so I have some questions.

What is your favorite Smallville memory?

And on a non-Smallville note, what have you been up to for the past 10 years? Any new fandoms or interests?
                My word, ten years! I actually stopped watching Smallville after the Lana Lang Arc in season 8, I was really hurt by that, so I dropped it completely. I have to catch up on seasons 9 and 10 one of these days. However, Smallville's Clark and Lois to me are unmatched, couldn't even get myself to watch any new stuff that came after (Supergirl, Superman and Lois). I remember till this day how passionate I could get with the discussions in here, all that crazy fandom ship war, that even had me being called out by you and other mods
                These past ten years, all the shows I was into were never really Ksite's thing, but I never stopped taking a peek in here every now and then, posting on threads that weren't about tv shows or related.

Originally posted by Vergon6
                I have liked other shows since Smallville but none has had quite the impact of Smallville, even if indirectly. It was thanks to Smallville that I came to these boards. It was the first and only time I have joined a TV show fandom message board.
                Same!! I had the best time in here talking to other fans, it was my small haven from real life! Today, I do use another board, where the shows I like are, but nothing compared to how active I used to be in here.

Comment

Apologies in advance for the ramble. This is not so much a memory as a reason why I still love Smallville. This will probably sound really lame to some people, but Smallville helped me in so many ways.

I've been writing stories most of my life. I'd watched Smallville for years and got ideas for fanfics over that time, but after I stopped working as a journalist, I found myself struggling with my mental health. Needing something to pull me out of it, I began writing fanfic in earnest. I posted my very first one in 2009.

While I didn't get much of a response initially, I began posting on other sites and wrote more and eventually I became friends with a few people. Two of those friends would talk about how talented I was as a writer (something I still have trouble believing) and ask why I wasn't doing it for real. I told them about leaving my job as a journalist and about a novel I'd been working on since long before Smallville began airing. Both of them encouraged me to knuckle down and finish the novel, and I self-published it in 2014.

I will always credit Smallville for what it led to. No other show has ever inspired as much fanfiction for me and a lot of other shows I stopped watching after two or three seasons. Smallville is one of the very few that I watched until the end and I still watch over and over again. When you have struggles with mental health, you tend to latch on to something that gives you that brief moment of happiness, or clarity, and Smallville did that for me, both in terms of enjoyment and inspiring me to write.

As crazy as it sounds, Smallville saved me. I am very sure that I would not still be here if it hadn't helped in some way.

Craig, in answer to your second question, I am still writing Smallville fanfic, but I have also self-published eight novels (as well as a non-fiction book about my struggles) in the past ten years. My writing has grown in leaps and bounds. Fanfic writing helped me hone my skills and has given me more confidence in that area. I still watch my DVDs of Smallville from time to time, but less of the other shows. That has as much to do with boredom as it does with television broadcasting failures here in NZ.

Comment

I have a few fave memories from my years watching Smallville. The first was probably seeing Insurgence for the first time, and loving how they made it look like Clark had jumped off the Daily Planet roof to crash into LuthorCorp. I didn't even see the bulk of the first season until the DVD came out, since I thought it was just going to be another Superboy knockoff and I'd enjoyed that show as a kid. But I really came to enjoy Smallville, starting with Season 2, and watched it almost religiously until the final year, where I missed several episodes until that DVD came out.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎