View Poll Results: What did you think?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Excellent

    2 33.33%
  • 9

    1 16.67%
  • 8

    3 50.00%
  • 7

    0 0%
  • 6

    0 0%
  • 5

    0 0%
  • 4

    0 0%
  • 3

    0 0%
  • 2

    0 0%
  • 1 - I liked it better as "Jitters"

    0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Burbank, CA by way of Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    18,450

    Superman & Lois: Rate #1.4 "Haywire"

    What did you think?

  2. #2
    Mod of Steel Vergon6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Location
    The Twilighty Zone
    Posts
    25,420
    I thought it was pretty good. Finally starting to see why Edge is interested in Smallville. I missed the opening. Was there actually a meteor shower?

  3. #3
    Board Master
    Join Date
    Dec 10
    Posts
    2,894
    Morgan Edge is the focus in this since he's all over this episode.

    We also have Superman being in two places and there is family tension with General Sam Lane over Jordan Kent.

  4. #4
    Mod of Steel Vergon6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Location
    The Twilighty Zone
    Posts
    25,420
    So a meteor shower in Saskatchewan only 6 years ago? I rewatched the opening. I would also confused at end, did Edge say ‘X-Kryponite’? I thought I was hearing things

  5. #5
    The New Legacy!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Trying to rise above!
    Posts
    88,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Vergon6 View Post
    So a meteor shower in Saskatchewan only 6 years ago? I rewatched the opening. I would also confused at end, did Edge say ‘X-Kryponite’? I thought I was hearing things
    Yes and yes...I definitely heard X-Kyptonite. I did wiki that kryptonite type and it makes sense to what Morgan Edge is planning

  6. #6
    Mod of Steel Vergon6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Location
    The Twilighty Zone
    Posts
    25,420
    Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix21 View Post
    Yes and yes...I definitely heard X-Kyptonite. I did wiki that kryptonite type and it makes sense to what Morgan Edge is planning
    I guess in a way they did this with the Kryptonite serum that gave Shelby (as Einstein) powers temporarily on Smallville.

    I guess they are going that route so there isn’t a power struggle over Kryptonite between Captain Luthor and Edge?

    Now that Intergang has been mentioned, I’m guessing they will be the army with powers, instead of weaponry from Apokolips supplied by Desaad (I think it was) in other incarnations.
    Last edited by Vergon6; 03-17-2021 at 06:24 PM.

  7. #7
    New In Town
    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    12
    I have no idea what x-kryptonite is and google isn't being helpful right now. I'm going to assume kryptonite, is the radio-active poisonous (green) rock from Krypton and thisx-kryptonite is...(?) a multi coloured crystal (originating from?) that gives people Kryptonian abilities and possibly takes Kryptonian abilities away, like the gold kryptonite from the comics/Smallville. My question is, is it poisonous/deadly to Clark in any way like the green rock from home?

    Edit: I came across a comment on another website explain the origins of this x-kryptonite in a Supergirl comic, originally harmless to Kryptonians in the 60s, which was later revised in a Superman comic to have the same effect as the green kryptonite. So I wonder what the show is going to do with it other than make meta humans with Kryptonian abilities. It may be harmless to Kryptonians since Edge's henchwoman, Leslie Lar, didn't seem to be affected by all those crystals.
    Last edited by ThulaLani; 03-18-2021 at 09:16 AM.

  8. #8
    Chatterbox Christian moviefan2k4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,558
    I've enjoyed the show so far; its been an interesting take on the mythos without resorting to pandering or storylines that go nowhere. Hopefully, the quality will remain this high; I'm already looking forward to next week.

  9. #9
    Mod of Steel Vergon6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Location
    The Twilighty Zone
    Posts
    25,420
    Quote Originally Posted by ThulaLani View Post
    I have no idea what x-kryptonite is and google isn't being helpful right now. I'm going to assume kryptonite, is the radio-active poisonous (green) rock from Krypton and thisx-kryptonite is...(?) a multi coloured crystal (originating from?) that gives people Kryptonian abilities and possibly takes Kryptonian abilities away, like the gold kryptonite from the comics/Smallville. My question is, is it poisonous/deadly to Clark in any way like the green rock from home?

    Edit: I came across a comment on another website explain the origins of this x-kryptonite in a Supergirl comic, originally harmless to Kryptonians in the 60s, which was later revised in a Superman comic to have the same effect as the green kryptonite. So I wonder what the show is going to do with it other than make meta humans with Kryptonian abilities. It may be harmless to Kryptonians since Edge's henchwoman, Leslie Lar, didn't seem to be affected by all those crystals.
    Another thing I wondered if this version of Leslie Lar is not actually Kryptonian but is a human given temporary powers.although maybe that was her ship in Saskatchewan.

  10. #10
    Mod of Steel Vergon6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Location
    The Twilighty Zone
    Posts
    25,420
    Quote Originally Posted by moviefan2k4 View Post
    I've enjoyed the show so far; its been an interesting take on the mythos without resorting to pandering or storylines that go nowhere. Hopefully, the quality will remain this high; I'm already looking forward to next week.
    Yeah me too. Smallville started out a little rough around the edges and then get better over time, more or less.

    I hope that the quality can remain high for this show too and not be like Veronica Mars, which had a great first season but just wasn’t the same as time went on.

  11. #11
    Posting Pro Aurora Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    1,486
    Is nobody ever going to comment on the fact that Mr. Edge was practically making moves on Lana right in front of her own husband, and that her husband did nothing about it? Lana was so ****in' uncomfortable while she was being harassed, and her husband did nothing. No wonder why she was so pissed off later on.

    I get the feeling that a divorce is looming in their future, despite the fact that they made up at the end of the ep. I just hope this doesn't lead to drama between Lois and Lana because if Lana becomes a free woman she might end up being a possible love interest for Clark again. ugh. I'm so tired of love triangles and ****, so I hope they don't go down that route. had enough of that in Smallville you know?

    Let's keep the best parts of Smallville while discarding the worst.

    It seems that they might be setting up for "Metahumans of the week" plots too though... sounds familar?

  12. #12
    Mod of Steel Vergon6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Location
    The Twilighty Zone
    Posts
    25,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora Moon View Post
    Is nobody ever going to comment on the fact that Mr. Edge was practically making moves on Lana right in front of her own husband, and that her husband did nothing about it? Lana was so ****in' uncomfortable while she was being harassed, and her husband did nothing. No wonder why she was so pissed off later on.

    I get the feeling that a divorce is looming in their future, despite the fact that they made up at the end of the ep. I just hope this doesn't lead to drama between Lois and Lana because if Lana becomes a free woman she might end up being a possible love interest for Clark again. ugh. I'm so tired of love triangles and ****, so I hope they don't go down that route. had enough of that in Smallville you know?

    Let's keep the best parts of Smallville while discarding the worst.

    It seems that they might be setting up for "Metahumans of the week" plots too though... sounds familar?
    oh yeah that was really skeazy. Either her husband is clueless or he cares so little for Lana that he is willing to turn a blind eye to this crap to benefit from Edge in some way.

    IÂ’m rewatching Smallville and this version of Edge is like Lex and Lionel put together.

    I do think divorce is on the way too but I am sick of love triangles too. I would prefer they bring Pete Ross into the picture. Heck, I would take ‘Pierre Rousseau’ at this point (think the French equivalent in ‘Apocalypse’) over a Lana/Clark/Lois love triangle.

  13. #13
    Mod of Steel Vergon6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Location
    The Twilighty Zone
    Posts
    25,420
    Lana doesnÂ’t seem to know Clark is Superman, unless she is good at hiding it. I wonder if she will find out.

  14. #14
    Flying around :D CKent/KalEl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by Vergon6 View Post
    Yeah me too. Smallville started out a little rough around the edges and then get better over time, more or less.

    I hope that the quality can remain high for this show too and not be like Veronica Mars, which had a great first season but just wasn’t the same as time went on.
    This episode gave me Smallville vibes and it honestly sent shivers down my spine. First three episodes were incredibly good, considering this CW! This episode was still excellent... but as Aurora wrote below, they are steering towards some rough waters. :/

    On the topic of Smallville. Wifey and I are rewatching it in all its "glory", and sweet Zeus it is a CHORE. First two seasons have 4-5 great episodes, 6-7 good ones, and the rest are entirely not worth rewatching ever again, s3 has even worst percentages. s4 is almost decent , almost... but I hate so many things they did, all the crap they pulled. Then they get your hopes up, manage to repair some stuff just to loose the plot again a couple of episodes later. Fake Kara, psycho Jor El, so, so, so many horrible things. Witch Lana...brrrrr. s5 and 6. you just feel tired by then. Ready to abandon ship. I forgot how much I hated s5-7. Lex who was entertaining and interesting s1-4, but just goes down the drain with the rest of them when he gets caught in the orbit of Smallville's biggest black hole: Lana Lang. She is just insufferable s3-6. Oh dear Zeus I hate her storylines so much. There was sweetness and charm with Clark-Lana teen romance through s1-2 but it is long long gone in s6. Clark is just a disturbed young man to whom Lana represents nothing more than an "intrusive thought". She lives as a parasitic entity in his mind, an obsession that he can not get rid off. Influencing his rational decision making. I almost puked when he decided to just straight up murder Lionel because of her in one of the G-d awful later s6 episodes, and he would have done it if Martian Manhunter did not stop him... Yeah, I feel that even Michael Rosenbaum and Tom Welling started acting with KK by just going through the motions. Oh, that brings me to KK's acting. How is it possible that she gets so much worse over time! She was, what, 18? in s1 and she knew how to speak and emote more genuinely than in s6 when she has more experience. I hate her low whisper-y voice that she uses 80% of the time. "Clark..." "Lex..." brrrrr. I guess KK also switched off because of the horrible writing. Smallville straight up murdered the Superman mythos. And what was up with the increased gore in s4-6? Too many episodes felt like D production horror flicks where young screenwriters fresh out of university wanted to shoot their horrible horror movie concepts and someone at CW gave them a thumbs up to go ahead and ruin Superman with it.

    I'm gonna stop now. But it felt good to get it off my chest. I still have to endure s7 and 8 before the show gets decent again... Wifey and I, didn't watch Smallville in years. But when we used to, we have a list of just a few episodes from each season that are worth it. I doubt we'll try to watch the whole show ever again.

    I hope this show manages to steer clear of romantic triangles. I don't want to see the brothers fighting over Sarah, I don't want to see a cheating lowlife middle aged Clark Kent reliving his youth with Lana... But you know what they say about Hope...
    Last edited by CKent/KalEl; 03-22-2021 at 03:22 AM.

  15. #15
    Mad Man with a Box! HalJordan4184's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    Erie, Pa
    Posts
    4,192
    Quote Originally Posted by CKent/KalEl View Post
    This episode gave me Smallville vibes and it honestly sent shivers down my spine. First three episodes were incredibly good, considering this CW! This episode was still excellent... but as Aurora wrote below, they are steering towards some rough waters. :/


    I hope this show manages to steer clear of romantic triangles. I don't want to see the brothers fighting over Sarah, I don't want to see a cheating lowlife middle aged Clark Kent reliving his youth with Lana... But you know what they say about Hope...
    I think Smallville suffered from outgrowing it's original idea. It's a show that didn't know where it should be, or how to get to where they wanted it to end. It's been a problem as long as we've had serialized TV with any kind of continuity.

    Superman and Lois could easily fall into this trap as well. Especially being a show with an already established character, doing what he's already known for. The upside is also the fact they can tell new stories with new hang ups, and explore and relatively uncharted area of Superman's life. I hope they don't end up simply taking the Smallville route with freaks of the week. At the same time, a little of that can work in a world where we already have metahumans running around anyway.

    With Lana, I don't see it becoming a love triangle. Clark and Lois have a pretty healthy marriage. If anything, I see Lana spiraling if her marriage comes apart, and trying to get closer to Clark as he's the one who got away. She's essentially married "knock off Clark" as it is. Dedicated community man, Fire Chief always running out to save the day, civic minded. The problems he has are pretty common today. An inability to properly deal with the complicated mental health issues his family is having. A wife who may have married him because, maybe in his view only, she settled for someone she wasn't as crazy about. A town whose jobs are drying up, resources are leaving, and the steadfast community folk you could count on are literally dying out in front of him. In a way, he sees himself as the last of a breed of people doing everything he can to save Smallville, instead of throwing in the towel. Which, in a way, is how he sees Clark's actions. He gave up on them to pursue the "big city" dream, and only came back when his world crashed down around him. Even his marriage problems, while problems, are a sign of how he's seeing the world. He doesn't feel like he's pulled away from Lana, though he has. He's the one feeling hurt and left behind. This is also coloring his views of Edge. Edge is promising him a return to what he saw as an ideal life before the last few years. He's blinding by the hope he has, to very real problems right in front of him. Such as Edge's treatment of Lana. Back to the original point though, I see Lana as becoming more of a third wheel, with Clark and Lois trying to deal with her obvious feelings for him that aren't reciprocated. Clark, essentially, could never marry a Lana. She's someone he had to move on from. If this show keeps being as good as it can, and a Lana/Clark/Lois situation happens, Lana will realize that in an adult way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •