Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S&L #1.3 "The Perks of Not Being A Wallflower" Countdown/LIVE Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highly approve of the Krypton promo during Superman & Lois.

Comment

What did Pa Kent say to Clark in Superman: The Movie? About how he wasn't put on Earth to score touchdowns? Having said that Jonathan makes a good point about Jordan. Maybe football is good for him. For now anyway.

Comment

I just find it so strange when Superman is shorter than the bad guy

Comment

Dad Clark is such a dork.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
            Dad Clark is such a dork.
            I love it! It's so perfect.

Comment

Who was that? Another Kryptonian!

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                Who was that? Another Kryptonian!
                Her name is Leslie Larr and she's a villain from Supergirl who tried to impersonate her in the comics. Since Supergirl used Superman's villains from his rogues gallery, all's fair when Superman uses Supergirl's villains.

Comment

Another good episode. So, so, much better than the Flash episode tonight that's for sure. The flash ep made me want to call it a night but Superman and Lois brought me back to the land of the wake. heh.

One of the things I really like about this show? That despite the outlandish subject matter (ie, superman and his sons), the entire thing manages to feel so grounded and realistic in a weird way. It's all very relatable, very human, etc.

Comment

Man, I really enjoyed this episode! That bridge rescue is a truly great Superman moment. The camera following him down into the chaos as the bridge collapses gave me flashbacks to the great plane rescue in "Superman Returns". I like that the super heroics weren't disconnected from the main story and family dynamic, with the bridge rescue giving a lead in to explaining his super-hearing to the boys. The football story with the boys was also really great, it felt different than, say, "Smallville", like it had more to say about the characters. Dad Clark is such a dork, I love it so much. Really enjoying the thickening of the plot that Lois is chasing, the heat vision curveball at the end was certainly a surprise. Glad that the story pivoted away from Captain Luthor for an episode. Curious how the two threads might dovetail into each other. Also, this is kind of out there, but I got this strange sense from the Lana/Sarah scene at the end that the daughter might end up embroiled in the Edge/superpowered thugs plot. Maybe it's because she and Jordan share a special connection, and we see him embracing power and striking out on his own, wanting to be different than his father, and we know Sarah fears becoming like her mother. Might she be driven into falling in with a bad crowd, so to speak? That could make the Edge issue compellingly extra-personal for the Cushings, and create conflict for Jordan. Just a thought.

Comment

I think they're walking a very tight rope on the emotional angst content, trying to not be overboard but still keeping it credible for the characters. I can't think of a moment so far, where the amount of angst felt truly out of place. Hopefully, the writers will stay that way, and focus more on Lois' investigations into Morgan Edge plus Superman's heroics.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎