No announcement yet.

Flash #7.2 "The Speed of Thought"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash #7.2 "The Speed of Thought"

Talk about the second episode of Flash Season 7 here, and if you want to talk live while you're at it, feel free!

Pics: https://flashtvnews.com/flash-7-2-ph...-thought/44899

much better than the last ep, as it was able to hold my interest for most of it.

although I have to say, I'm not a fan of the hint they had at the end implying that Welles was coming back?? quite honestly, I'm very tired of the Welles character.

Comment

I want to be a bit more lenient on these episodes because they are still trying to wrap up Season 6, basically. It wasn't bad, but the concept of Barry losing his emotions felt like a waste of time. Yes, Iris did return, but now we are back where we started. Barry has no speed and the ASF was a bust. And Nash's sacrifice was for nothing.

The other meh part about this episode is the Mirrorverse arc. Like I wrote in the thread for 7.01, I am done with it. I just don't find any of the villains that interesting. Maybe Mirror Master, male or female, can't be a Big Bad for an entire season (or half a season in this instance).

Among the positives, mama Danielle is back! The premature end of season 6 meant she wouldn't miss many episodes due to her maternity leave and that was a plus. I just wish the writers settled on the Caitlin look for her when she's at Star Labs.

It was also nice to see Cisco back. While he's felt a bit direction-less since he gave up his powers, he always makes the Star Labs scenes better. I just can't help but feel that he won't be around a lot this season and eventually Chester will succeed him.

Now for the big, IMO, positive: The final scene. Apparently, with all the other Wellses gone, Tom will play E1 Wells going forward. I am more than willing to give it a shot. It's a nice way of coming full circle if you think about it: Every other Wells is gone, so it makes sense that the only Wells remaining on E1 would be E1 Wells. At the same time, in the original timeline (before Eobard killed Nora), Barry got his speed in 2020 from Harrison Wells' successful particle accelerator launch. So maybe that's how Barry will get his speed back here: From the original Harrison Wells in 2021. Either way, it's one of the few things that makes me look forward to this season.

Plus, whenever Reverse Flash returns he will be played by Matt Letscher. Not a bad backup option.

There are just two things that need answers: How did Harrison Wells get resurrected? And why did he get resurrested at the sight of his burial even though Joe removed the corpse from there in Season 1 (episode 1.19)?

P.S. Grant bulked up quite a bit during the break, hey?

5.5/10
      Last edited by costas22; 03-10-2021, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I was torn emotionally when Nash Wells died in last week's episode, and then overjoyed by the teasing of the true Earth-1 Wells in last night's story. I've often wondered what that character would be like, especially compared to Eobard from Season 1. I recall Tom saying in an interview once, that for him every version of Wells goes back to Eobard, and then he tries diverting the new version from that as a springboard.

Comment

The mirrorverse arc started off promising, with Iris doing what she was meant to do, being a reporter. The arc has dragged on and not just because of COVID. And now I’m guessing Eva is going to try to replace everyone with mirrorverse duplicates...oy. I actually thought that E1 wells was going to be there automatically as a result of Crisis.

Barry blaming everything on his emotions as a weakness as getting about as tiresome as SVClark blaming himself for everything.
          Last edited by Vergon6; 03-11-2021, 10:32 PM.

Comment

His return will be big mystery. I am not yet convinced it's a product of Crisis because Barry already had his speed in the new timeline. As if the particle accelerator went off as usual in 2013. At the same time, Crisis happened months ago (in the show's time frame) and Wells magically resurfaces just now? So it will be interesting to see how that happened and why now.

Regarding Barry, yeah, that better be a one off. And hopefully after next week the fallout of Iris' escape from the Mirrorverse won't feature too much angst ("Why didn't you realize I was gone", "Why didn't you find me sooner", etc).

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
              His return will be big mystery. I am not yet convinced it's a product of Crisis because Barry already had his speed in the new timeline. As if the particle accelerator went off as usual in 2013. At the same time, Crisis happened months ago (in the show's time frame) and Wells magically resurfaces just now? So it will be interesting to see how that happened and why now.

Regarding Barry, yeah, that better be a one off. And hopefully after next week the fallout of Iris' escape from the Mirrorverse won't feature too much angst ("Why didn't you realize I was gone", "Why didn't you find me sooner", etc).
              Yeah, I don’t think it is in relation to Crisis now either...I just thought what was going to happen is that they wake up to a reborn Earth-Prime in Crisis with Earth-1 Wells alive and well, already part of Team Flash...much to Barry’s confusion. But it didn’t go down that way.

What I find confusing is that implies he was reformed right after he was buried but maybe that’s not the case.

Now that I think about it, maybe Barry shorting out the artificial speed force (which was charged by all the Wells or whatever), caused E-1 Wells to be regenerated. He seemed to reform like a reverse of Nash Wells disintegrating.

Another thing that confused me is wasn’t some of the Wells already dead? So why were they part of Nash? And is the new Earth-2 not the same as the old Earth-2 that got destroyed?
              Last edited by Vergon6; 03-12-2021, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                What I find confusing is that implies he was reformed right after he was buried but maybe that’s not the case.
                Wouldn't surprise me. They didn't show any "x years later" line when they transitioned from Eobard burying Wells to Wells coming back to life. So maybe he was resurrected and he's been hiding somewhere for the past 20 years. Which they would have a tricky time explaining.

Now that I think about it, maybe Barry shorting out the artificial speed force (which was charged by all the Wells or whatever), caused E-1 Wells to be regenerated. He seemed to reform like a reverse of Nash Wells disintegrating.
                It's possible. Maybe the Wells particles that were in the ASF escaped after Barry destroyed it and they looked for another Wells body to host them. So they found E1 Wells' corpse.

The other scenario is that E1 Wells was resurrested by Eobard's negative tachyons (which were released last season), but I don't like that idea. We would be back where we started.

Another thing that confused me is wasn’t some of the Wells already dead? So why were they part of Nash? And is the new Earth-2 not the same as the old Earth-2 that got destroyed?
                That should have been the case with HR. He died years ago and not because of Crisis. The Wells dopplegangers inhabiting Nash's mind should only have been the ones killed by Crisis. I guess they added HR to the list because Tom Cavanagh likes playing different versions of Wells.

From what I gather, the new Earth-2 is similar to the comics' version. It's the Earth occupied by the JSA and there are no dopplegangers anymore (except for Jay Garrick, who will somehow appear on Stargirl in the future).

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎