Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Bad Batch (Disney+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars: The Bad Batch confirms the beloved squad of clone troopers will return for a third and final season on Disney+.

Star Wars: The Bad Batch confirms the beloved squad of clone troopers will return for a third and final season on Disney+.

Announced during Star Wars Celebration 2023, The Bad Batch is receiving a third season that will once again air exclusively on Disney+. The creative team in attendance further confirmed that the next installment will wrap up the story of Hunter and his squad of clones. Beyond the announcement, no other details on Season 3 were revealed but many fans expect the show to return in 2024 although this has yet to be confirmed.
    Will be sad to see this show go. At the same time, it's a good thing that they'll go into the third season with the intent of it being the final season (rather than getting canceled out of the blue, while preparing for another 2-3 seasons).

After the twist of Emerie Karr being another female Jango clone (basically, an adult Omega), I began speculating that they were planning on eventually introducing Omega into live-action (in the Mandalorian era, by which time she'd be an adult). So, we'll probably see her in live-action, after next season. I mean, they've effectively cast Keisha Castle-Hughes (who voices Emerie) as the adult Omega. It's a casting that makes sense, if you want Omega to make the jump into live-action. While Michelle Ang is older (and closer to the age that Omega would be during the Mandalorian era), she is of Malaysian Chinese descent, whereas Keisha is Māori like Temuera Morrison (making Keisha ethnically correct/appropriate casting).

Comment

Comment

Crosshair's shaking hand, a sign that he might be dying?

Comment

Season 3, episodes 1-3.

Yeah, I knew that it was going to be revealed that they were working on Project Necromancer.

I had hoped that we'd finally address the question of why Omega is a girl, when she is a supposedly unmodified Jango Fett clone (though, the answer is likely that she is intersex, as all the Bad Batch members (minus Echo, who is no longer an active member) are supposed to have mutations, and intersex variations are real-world mutations). Given the discovery with her DNA, I'd imagine that the same would be the case with Boba Fett (opening for an appearance of young Boba).

The opening of the second episode gave a payoff to the 13th episode of season one. It's the standard Filoni storytelling: here's an episode that appears to be filler, but its events prove really important in a later season.

Comment

Season 3, episode 4:

A conclusion to episodes 1-3. In many ways, it feels like it should have been released together with them, rather than them starting with three episodes, then releasing to epilogue a week later.

The point of the episode is really to further develop a relationship between Crosshair and Omega. Only, they've been held captive together for months, so you'd think that they would have one by now.

Comment

Season 3, episode 5.

The whole thing with the creature and the defense perimeter made me think about the Rebels episode "The Mystery of Chopper Base".

I see a tragic ending for Pabu. Otherwise, the later Rebellion would have used Pabu as a base (instead of a place like Hoth).

With this season being 15 episodes long, we are now 1/3 through the final season.

Comment

Season 3, episodes 6 & 7:

With the appearance of Wolfe, I am a little worried that the remaining episodes of this final season will be hijacked by them telling how Rex, Gregor and Wolfe ended up on that planet, where we later encounter them in Rebels.

Comment

Season 3, episode 8.

I realize that they need to build up to what comes next (likely Ventress). At the same time, it feels like they're dragging their feet (there are now only seven episodes left). These clones spent years with the Jedi. At least one of them should know about "M-count".

Comment

Season 3, episode 9.

The question about what "M-count" means is finally answered (well, to the Bad Batch, not the viewers). We're also shown that Omega is not a force user, which I think was a fan theory early on, but I think that's already been proven not to be the case.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎