No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Bad Batch (Disney+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars: The Bad Batch (Disney+)

Eyed for a 2021 launch, Star Wars: The Bad Batch follows the titular elite and experimental clones (first introduced in Star Wars: The Clone Wars) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War. Members of Bad Batch – a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army — each possess a singular exceptional skill which makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew. In the post-Clone War era, they will take on daring mercenary missions as they struggle to stay afloat and find new purpose.

The series will premiere on May 4th

Comment

Comment

Comment

Suspected that Omega would turn out to be a clone, when she turned up in the episode. Is she another Jango Fett clone or a clone of someone else? For those pointing out the obvious with the former, there have been female clones of men in fiction before (ex. X-23 and Ultimate Spider-Woman). The Bad Batch (apart from Echo) all have genetic mutations. If she too has a mutation, Omega could be intersex.

Did not expect to see Caleb (AKA Kanan Jarrus). His story here contradicts his Order 66 experience in a comic book series, from a few years back... but that's hardly the first time something like that has happened.
          Last edited by jon-el87; 10-18-2021, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Episode 2:

Got a bit confused over the Bad Batch knowing Cut. Guess it must've been an offscreen encounter. Liked Omega's reaction to being on a planet, and playing with other kids, for the first time. After all, if you've spent your whole life in a facility, on another planet, you would be amazed by the little things (and unaware of dangerous wildlife). I just hope that they don't overdo it, and have her be like that in every episode.

It was, of course, obvious that Omega wouldn't leave with Cut's family. If she had, I wouldn't have liked it. I quite like that character so far, and want to see where they'll go with her.

Comment

Episode 3:

Kept waiting for Wrecker's headache to turn out to be related to his inhibitor chip. Maybe it's set-up for next week, where he'll turn on them for the episode. Okay, we're seeing the start of recruits being brought in to phase out the clones.

Comment

Episode 4:

Was half-expecting one or more of those droids to tag along with the Bad Batch off this planet. Liked the introduction of younger Fennec Shand. I'm guessing that there'll be other mercenaries after Omega, rather than just Shand. Seems like Wrecker's headache from last episode wasn't set-up for anything. Maybe he just faked it, so that he could stay and set up Omega's room.

Comment

Rewatching episode 4. It's never established whom Shand is working for. It's probably the Kaminoans, but it could be another party. The Hutts (who she was established to have been affiliated with, in her first appearance)?
                  Last edited by jon-el87; 10-18-2021, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Episode 5:

Thought that Muchi was the rancor seen in Return of the Jedi, but according to Wookieepedia, the rancor who gets killed by Luke was named Pateesa. It's a shame that it wasn't the same.

Nice to see the bad batch learning from past incidents with Omega. Going over rules for her to follow and giving her a com for safety. Omega now has the weapon from the trailer. I like that she didn't use it (instantly mastering it) in the episode. Have her train to use it for an episode or two first.

Wrecker's headache appears to have briefly returned. Maybe something will happen with his inhibitor chip. If it does, I like that they're planting it in multiple episodes. It's not something that just happens, out of nowhere, when the time comes for whatever will happen to happen.

Thought that the Cid twist was a bit predictable. How often haven't we've seen characters in fiction assume that they're looking for a man, and the character turns out to be a woman?

Comment

Episode 6:

Was not expecting Trace and Rafa. If anything, with this being Corellia, I was expecting some of Lady Proxima's people to show up. Pay-off to Wrecker's issues with his chip will probably come next week.

Like that they show the Bad Batch training Omega with her bow (I'm just going to call it that), with Echo noting that she only hit the target 3 our of 12 times. She's not an instant expert in how to use it, and is shown training... unlike Rey. I keep comparing the two in my head for some reason. Gotta say that Omega is the better character. I quite like her, as I've noted from the start.

Like that we're shown what happened to all the millions of deactivated battle droids. No idea whom Trace and Rafa are working for. Saw Gerrera? Another rebel cell?

Comment

Episode 7:

Makes sense for Rex to be the one to show up, when it's time to deal with the inhibitor chips. Liked the detail that Rex avoids saying Ahsoka's name. Like he notes early on, the Bad Batch are ticking time bombs until they've had their chips removed. If they go bad, the information that she is still alive could end up in the hands of the Empire.
                        Last edited by jon-el87; 10-21-2021, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Episode 8:

Wasn't expecting Cad Bane (partly because I was sure that he had been killed off in The Clone Wars (look, I don't sit down and rewatch this stuff all the time. And The Clone Wars jumped between so many characters. Can't keep track of half of them), but clearly he wasn't).

Comment

Comment

Episode 9:

Okay, so Omega is a pure first generation clone of Jango Fett. Just like Boba. If she's pure, then they probably haven't modified her DNA (specifically replacing a Y chromosome with an X chromosome, like with X-23). So, my theory that Omega might be an intersex variation could be correct.

Given Boba's mention, I could see him showing up down the line (being the only other source for Jango's DNA). The Bane-Shand fight really presented her as a skilled fighter.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎