X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loki (Disney+)

Comment

Loki is set to premiere on Friday June 11th, 2021

https://tvline.com/2021/02/24/loki-p...the-bad-batch/

It was obvious that it would move because of Black Widow premiering in May; Disney doesn’t want two competing MCU properties at the same time and they couldn’t move Black Widow yet again.

Comment

Comment

So in addition to the series premiering a few days earlier on June 9th, new episodes will drop on Wednesdays thereafter.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Episode 1:

Slow start, but it was needed. After all, this Loki is from 2012. He doesn't know anything about his life after that point, but we do. Some shows would probably milk "Loki finding out how he dies" for a good portion of the season.

Not sure, but Miss Minutes remark about "madness" (in relation to the multiverse) could possibly tie into Multiverse of Madness.

Loki's TVA file establishes the character as gender fluid (probably planting something for a later episode). Not only comic accurate, but accurate to actual Norse mythology.
                    Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Season 1 Episode 1: Glorious Purpose

I’m glad that what we got in the promos was this first episode so, now we can move on with the rest of the series. This gave me LoT vibes with all the time travel speak.

I’m just going to touch on a few things:

[SPOILER] So let’s start with that ending...so the time variant killing the minute men is known other than Loki himself or should I say female Loki; I expect that to be the the next twist. At first when they panned over to the stain glass window I though…Mephisto!!!!(I know we’ll cry Mephisto with everyone&#128514.

This episode was basically the “trial of Loki”. It was funny to see him being processed at the TVA. I didn’t realize Loki had a surname😂It took Loki seeing a glimpse of his future betraying Thor thus causing a chain of events that would lead to his mother’s death.

There was a multiverse prior to this…that’s interesting since we’re just about to open up the doors to that in the MCU; again DC has already done it but, we’ll see see who does it better.

The infinity stones are now just paper weights. I don’t know how I feel about that cause after we just spent 22+ films dealing with them they’ve become just throw away objects.
                      [/SPOILER]

Overall it was a great start. I can’t wait to see where they’ll go with this series. Will this Loki actually redeem himself for everything he’s done up until this point in his timeline?
                      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 07-14-2021, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                        [SPOILER]At first when they panned over to the stain glass window I though…Mephisto!!!!(I know we’ll cry Mephisto with everyone&#128514.[/SPOILER]
                        No doubt it was an easter egg to the fact that, in the comics, Loki posed as Satan in the 1940s and 1950s. Though, people will no doubt read too much into it... like how in WandaVision, the mere mention of an "aerospace engineer" made the internet convinced that Reed Richards was going to show up. We should take the "Captain America's shield" scene in Iron Man 2 (which was done because someone had inserted it, in the background of the first movie... causing the internet to go crazy) as a lesson: not everything has some massive meaning or is setting up some twist.
                        Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Watched the first episode a second time. Minor theory...

The Time Keepers will turn out to be the villains, while the other variant Loki will turn out to be trying to bring them (and the VRA) down.
                          Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:34 AM.

Comment

After watching the episode a few times I’m curious if…[SPOILER]Kang the Conqueror will be introduced by the end of this season/series and will lead into him becoming the big bad of this phase in the MCU? I did notice when Miss Minutes was explaining the purpose of the TVA, he was shown as one of the Time Keepers (as some pointed out in reviews) and supposedly Lovecraft Country’s Jonathan Majors has been cast in the role. [/SPOILER]

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎